97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Highlander - Endgame Reviews

January 5, 2014
Another typical disappointing sequel to a franchise that should have ended years ago. Features an unusual amount of violence crippled with bad story telling and the usual illogical non-sense. Although it was kinda cool to see Duncan and Connor fight it out. Overall crap and another one to add to the "worst movies i've ever seen" pile.
J M.
April 14, 2014
"Once again a new version of Highlander is revealed; combining elements of the first film & the series into one..."

***

When Highlander 2 & 3 arrived being a fan of the first Highlander movie it was: a big disappointment, to see the downhill effect, of the story, being rewritten; into-something-completely-new; not adding up to the first. Now once again a new version of Highlander is revealed; combining elements of the first film & the series into one; & I: found this film to be much more entertaining, then the seconded film but nowhere close to being as good as the first one. In this version: the prize was not won by Conner. The game still continues on & the gathering is believed to be getting nearer.

Conner starts to feel the effects of loneliness so he calls Duncan in Paris to come to New York. The kinsmen meet up at the beginning in New York but when Conner's apartment on Hudson Street gets bombed by an old obsessed enemy (killing-Rachel-his-secretary; whom-he-raised-as-his-daughter-after-World-War-2) he disappears for a while leaving Duncan to find more about the new enemy that he will shortly be facing...

The love life's of both Conner & Duncan are added, Conner's gaudy cliché of mourning the death of his first wife Heather continues well a former love of Duncan's that makes for a flash back sub-plot resurfaces & is a part of the main-plot.

The script maintains a lot of elements from the movie & series; occasionally there are discrepancies that do not add up to what a fan well remember from previous movies but the entertainment shouldn't be greatly affected. The dialog of it that critics have sighted to be substandard is pretty accurate; tho for viewers or fans most of what will want to be seen in a movie like this is the swordfights.

~

I give this film a C + (Common) & I'm giving it a generous rating.
February 27, 2014

Elements from the series are added in one of which I did not care much for is the watchers; A secret organization that does surveillance of the immortals for the sake of preserving history. The love life's of both Conner & Duncan are added, Conner's gaudy cliché of mourning his first wife Heather continues well a former love of Duncan's that makes for a sub-plot that adds into the main plot resurfaces.

Flashbacks like in the movie & the series are put in. The swordfights are all well done: & the lightning effects, of the quickening are placed in, as well. The script maintains a lot of elements from the movie & series; occasionally there are discrepancies that do not add up to what a fan well remember from previous movies but the entertainment shouldn't be greatly affected. The dialog that critics have sighted to be substandard is pretty accurate; tho for viewers or fans most of what will want to be seen in a movie like this is the swordfights. The directing was nothing special & the soundtrack in no way compared to the first Highlander & the main villain of this film was a little on the cheesy side.

~

I give this film a C + (Common) & I'm giving it a generous rating.
January 14, 2014
A 4th chapter completely wasted & very ugly. Why on earth did they need to make another horrible sequel to this already pretty awful franchise? Money maybe? As it is , it's just a waste of time. Too bad because the first was really awesome.
October 11, 2013
keeps a paycheck coming to christopher lambert
October 9, 2013
Awful mess that once again abandons the clever storyline of the original. Please stop.
August 3, 2013
Probably the best of the Highlander sequels, but that's unfortunately a pretty low bar. There is no "quickening" and no Mario Van Peebles as an evil Highlander, so that helps. This film tries to recreate, mostly without success, what worked in the flawed but still good first film. I think the first film would hold a higher place in cult circles if so many bad sequels hadn't been made.
March 15, 2013
There SHOULD have been only one.
March 10, 2013
Excellent movie, sucks that Connor had to die but all in all it was a great movie!
February 10, 2013
good match chistopher lambert and adrian paul
January 20, 2013
it's got both Adrian Paul and Christopher Lambert do I need to add anything else?
October 28, 2012
I haven't seen the theatrical cut, but I have seen the producer's cut, and I actually liked this film (But then again, I also liked the second and third films). This film definitely has its flaws though, such as a sloppy script, corny acting, moments of terrible dialogue ("Don't you want to be inside me?"), and some sloppy effects, this film still has plenty of fun action scenes to make up for its flaws. I quite like this film, but I don't blame people for generally hating it because it is a very flawed film. I had plenty of fun with it, but then again, I like corny action films, so this was right up my alley. Make sure you see the producer's cut if you decide to watch it.
December 19, 2012
There should have been only one!
December 3, 2012
I like all Highlander shows. I recommend to watch at least once.
December 6, 2011
I thought this film was crap and I will not want to watch it again, I thought the first highlander movie is the best, Christopher Lambert starred in it, I do not want this film on DVD, I thought it was crap
November 8, 2012
I thought it might have been better then it was.
September 23, 2012
a good ending to the film series with Connor returning and a new immortal Duncan facing the immortal who killed connor's mom and made duncans wife betray him
September 8, 2012
The biggest flaming pile of crap that ever existed. The people who made this should be taken out the woods and shot in knees. I was a huge fan of the first movie and the tv show. This thing was an abomination. It made number 2.... you know the one where they are actually suppose to be aliens, seem reasonably good.
August 23, 2012
it's AP, and CL together..... what more could I ask for... only part made me cry was Conner dying.... i love both charactors