67% The Equalizer Sep 26

62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Autostop rosso sangue (Hitch Hike) Reviews

Michael G

April 11, 2007
Hitch-Hike isn't an awful movie but not my favorite exploitation/grindhouse movie. If I had to describe it I'd say it's Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf on a road trip with Last House on the Left in the back seat. And I don't say that because David Hess is in it. Hitch-Hike had some great parts but some pretty annoying ones as well. Like the camping sequence at the beginning that made me grateful I don't really remember the 70s. Hess was fun (or at least as fun as a murdering rapist can be) and the movie had a decent amount of sleaze to it. Catch it if you can...
Stephen M

November 15, 2007
Marriage counselling, exploitation style! Substantially better than the run-of-the-mill misogynistic Seventies Italian exploitation movie, by virtue of unusually excellent photography, memorable casting and an Ennio Morricone soundtrack. I'd be interested to know how much Morricone had to do with that dreadful recurring song. The tamest of the three films for which David Hess is best remembered, the others being "Last House on the Left" and "The House on the Edge of the Park".
May 9, 2007
This is an Italian movie that stars an Italian actor, a French actress, and an American Actor. The story is set in California but they filmed the whole thing in Italy. It's low budget and as usual in an Italian movie, nobody's mouth moves with the dialog. The story is about a bickering married couple picking up a hitchhiker that turns out to be a bank robber. It was so obvious that it wasn't filmed in the U.S. that they didn't even bother to show it in America. It was shown in Europe and Asia and was very popular. The movie starts with a deer hunt but the deer that is shot is obviously a European deer and not an American whitetail. The first vehicle shown is a left-hand drive Landrover. Landrovers weren't sold in the U.S. in the 1970's. They were an English version of the U.S. Jeep and were used in Africa and Europe. They switched to a Ford car with a trailer. But none of the cars used were American made. At the end of the movie there were teenagers on motorcycles, but they were on Japanese dirt bikes. If you like bad movies this is worth watching, but if not don't bother.
June 5, 2009
One of the best exploitation films I've ever seen,with two of my favorite stars:Franco Nero and the beautiful,sexy and naked Corinne Clery. The movie suck you in and take you on a ride of violence,sex,and savagery,with a few surprises along the way,including the ending. Truly unforgettable,specially Corinne Clery,she's breathtakig! The three main actors are just wonderful! Makes for an awesome ride,...!
jklein8787
May 6, 2007
Althought Last House on the Left is my personal favorite Hess film, this is probably his greatest film, thanks to a descent screenplay, great music, Franco Nero, and typical Hess one-liners ("The party's over!" and "How would you like to suck my cock?")