Hold Your Breath - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hold Your Breath Reviews

½ January 25, 2015
I have to imagine they were trying to make a ridiculously bad movie. There's no other explanation as to how a movie turns out this way - it can't be accidental.
May 30, 2014
The Asylum production company must be profitable, but I don't see how. Hold Your Breath is a typical offering - horrible dialogue, over the top acting (although the cast is, as usual, young and attractive), and ridiculously low production values (watch for the SUV to change from a Chevy to a Toyota repeatedly with no rhyme nor reason).
½ January 7, 2014
The Movie Delivers Fresh Scares That The Paranormal Activity Writers Could Conjure Up. #HoldYourBreath Isn't The Best Movie To Come From The Asylum But It's A Good Watch
December 26, 2013
Okay movie, Wouldn't waste money on it if that's how you are going to watch it. I watched it for free, and its gory b ish
June 25, 2013
Seen it , crazy ways that the spirit goes from one to another !
June 23, 2013
The acting isn't the best, and yes it's a lot like Fallen, but it wouldn't hurt to watch it. Try it. It's not that bad.
The cast is cute, and there is frontal nudity. *shrugs* worth it for me.
June 18, 2013
The myth is that when you pass a cemetery you have to hold your breath to keep any evil spirits from taking over your body. With a cast that has good resumes they really did quite the number on going down the poop chute with this story, even the typewriter broke down in the middle of making this garbage. What's even sadder is that they sort of left it for a chance of a sequel to happen, but we all know that holding your breath for that long we'll eventually die so it's a lose lose situation. Please don't hold your breath.
½ May 20, 2013
There is a decent structure to the film, but just not enough horror.
½ May 11, 2013
Everything about "#HoldYourBreath" is aggressively mediocre, shoddy and undistinguished. Not to mention terrible acting, I say SKIP IT!!!
May 4, 2013
Hold Your Breath....if you did that waiting for something awesome to happen, you would be dead. This movie is boring. It tries really hard, but sadly, just doesn't cut it. The acting and believability is atrocious. The story, while unoriginal, isn't bad until the ghost demon fight at the end. There is just a huge lack of tension that is needed.
May 4, 2013
Katrina Bowden, the knockout receptionist of 30 Rock fame, has among the best pair of legs you will ever set eyes on.

That's the only good I can muster for this horror film as weak as Montgomery Burns. No scares, not even tingles. Even the 'boo' moments are bore moments. Some of the worst CGI you will find. And a cast of annoying, or dumb, or annoying AND dumb characters. No atmosphere nor intelligence went into set design either: a prison abandoned for 50 years still has shiny metal surfaces, no dust, and even working electricity.

There are a number of unintentional laughs though. So, there's that. And Bowden's short-shorts.

Good luck with the rest.
½ April 13, 2013
nstead of Hold Your Breath it should have been titled Close Your Eyes...yes folks, it was *that* bad. Some of the lines of dialog were absolutely hilarious though I am quite sure they weren't meant to be. I'll never see bobcats or sandpaper in the quite the same way again.

The actors attempts at actually acting were quite painful to watch and it would appear that most of them all used the same dentist as a majority of them had teeth that closely resembled chiclets.

The entire premise of this ridiculous film was flawed from the beginning but I won't try and explain why this movie was so awful and in so many ways as I am currently trying to erase it from my memory and forget that I ever watched it. Avoid this one at all costs.
April 3, 2013
Checked out HOLD YOUR BREATH tonight on Netflix live streaming...not going to lie. I only watched it for Katrina Bowden. Yep - she's been in movies like TUCKER AND DALE VS. EVIL (you should watch), AMERICAN REUNION (holy smokes), PIRANHA 3DD (blah!) and a few others. YEAHHHHH and with all her sexiness......she couldn't help this movie. (lol) Don't get me wrong - I tried getting into it...but yeah...no dice. Let me think...was there any good, cool parts? Hmmmmmm...maybe the VERY ending...that was a pretty cool idea. (Don't wanna say it and ruin it for ya) As for the bad parts...yeah...there was quite a bit. Exploding cop car! What the hell was that all about. Talk about cheesy and bad. (lol) Sex scene music...wow. The way the killer would kill people...CAKE HAND MIXER. 80's killing looked cooler than this at times.

Ahhh when I first saw the trailer for this 7 months ago...I knew it was going to be bad...but not this bad. (lol) If you're into super bad, cheesy movies - HOLD YOUR BREATH might be for you. (lol) My other half watched it with me and...she wasn't a fan.
April 2, 2013
Crappy Asylum horror about the spirit of a serial killer possessing and killing a bunch of young campers. Nothing to recommend except for the 3 pretty ladies in the cast. Save time and Google their pictures instead.
March 23, 2013
Essentially a slasher film with a grade-school supernatural twist, Hold Your Breath "stars" 30 Rock alum, Katrina Bowden, who seems to have reacted to the end of 30 Rock by becoming a scream queen. Ultimately, Hold Your Breath stars out somewhat promisingly with a few twisted death scenes, but it gets tedious and stupid before the end. Still, an entertaining supernatural slasher film for those with nothing better to watch.
½ March 5, 2013
although it didn't seem to get a good review, I thought it was pretty good.
March 1, 2013
I hold my breath seeing that poor acting
February 18, 2013
It wasn't terrible. The storyline was actually fairly interesting, the acting in some cases above mediocre, the scenery pretty good and the limited special effects actually pretty decent for a B movie. While I wouldn't pay for theater or pay per view to watch it, it's a decent choice for a cable pick on a thundery night.
February 3, 2013
Terrible! Although the first song was really good wish I could download it. It's called Fire & Brimstone.