• PG, 1 hr. 32 min.

—— Last Man Standing: Season 3
—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Horrid Henry: The Movie Reviews

September 27, 2013
A great movie for kids! I particularly enjoyed the cameos from all the recognisable British comedians, especially Dick and Dom!
August 31, 2013
This wonderful film adaptation of Francesca Simon's Horrid Henry books really brings Henry to life. The only thing it failed to accomplish was the special effects.
June 13, 2013
Why did I watch this? Seriously, the only reason is that me and my friend are doing a "Weird Part of Netflix" night once in a while, and we decided to kick off with this. Sure, it's got its "WTF?" moments, mostly coming from some really horrible CGI, but I find the more reasonable WTF moments more intriguing in here, as the film follows simply horrible logic, and much like Jack & Jill, me and my friend had a LOT (many more this time around) of questions about the realistic responses in it. It has really annoying characters, some really confusing gender roles, just a lot of horrible "jokes", if you would give them the dignity of calling them such, and caused me and my friend to really discuss the school system (which, if this was the intention, great job, actually, but it clearly isn't the focus, so this whole parentheses statement is rather pointless). The plot follows no real structure, and cannot focus on a single conflict at once. I know this is adapted from pre-existing British work, but it does not translate to the screen (though I haven't seen the original work of which this is based, and thus have no knowledge on if it would have in the first place). I know many of you may say "Oh Kyle, it's just a kids movie, don't try to bring any big messages into it, it wasn't made for that"; while you do have a point. it should not be this way. Films like Up, Spirited Away, and Hugo have taught children great messages and have made subjects like early film history fun and exciting. I hold by the mentality that in film, television, literature, or any medium that children can be taught pretty much anything so long as you do it right. I could go on and on about the logic of this film if you were to start a discussion about this film with me, but not now. This film is just a generic kids film with extra annoying, and makes the same stereotypical school-based "kids film" stuff you have seen before. It's (and I don't mean to make this pun, honestly, it's just my word to describe this film) horrid, with no real morals, confusing plot points, hard to follow conflicts, no real logic, insipid acting, generic / annoying humor, oh and did I mention that it is one of the worst musicals I've ever heard / seen in my life? I mean, sans the horrible kazoo chorus, which is simply, albeit unintentionally, hilarious. Besides that though, Horrid Henry: The Movie is just about the perfect example of how not to make a film aimed for children.
May 15, 2013
I was a fan of the books because they were original...this sucked and didn't live up to the hype of the childhood classics.
Charlie L.
March 10, 2013
Terrible. But kids will love it.
January 11, 2013
A film based on a book, which doesn't even get that right, and a HUGE joke of a film.
January 10, 2013
Looks like it could be worse than The Smurfs
January 10, 2013
What the heck?? Is this "the oogieloves" of 2013?????
January 8, 2013
Someone actually made this!?
Fourteenyearold
January 8, 2013
Horrid Henry: The Movie is undoubtedly ugly,stupid and very terrible, This movie is only suitable for adults and never for kids, Your kids will get trauma, It's really a plain simple mess and utterly uninteresting.

When Henry fails yet again to hand in his homework, he inadvertently sets off an unexpected and curious chain of events. He forms an unlikely alliance with Moody Margaret, the infuriating girl next door, outwits corrupt School Inspectors, topples an evil Headmaster, wins a talent contest, and stands up to his ultimate nemesis. With each antic crazier than the last, Henry finds himself inexplicably trying to save the very school which he has always professed to hate

This is where that depressing moment, when i should go outside and hangout with anybody, This is a film that makes me cringe even as I'm sitting here thinking about it, It was never my intention to watch this.

Horrid Henry didn't deliver any entertainment or even humorous moments, this is very horrendous and very unappetizing, this film is incredibly pointless and extremly lazy.

But still I will not give this a zero rating, because im so lucky that i finished this, but Horrid Henry is another trash film that delivers horrible performances, ugly cast and misguided script.
Trevor P.
January 7, 2013
Give me a weapon... *Destroys poster*
December 28, 2012
Very sorry, another long review.

Sooooo, this is the realistic big hit with nativity 2? NO! Both are stupid. But this is the one I have seen and I pretended if I liked it when I got out of the cinema but in reality, I hate it so much. First, the acting. The acting is terrible, most of it as little known and cheap actors who don't get enough money, this is probably the reason. Second, some mistakes in their names, at the part where Peter floats to Miss Lovely, Peter snickers. He's not perfect if he did that, if so, then why did he do that? It's misleading names. Also, Horrid Henry does not even look that horrid, try to mess up some child's hair with green shoes and then we have a Horrid Henry. Third, Not all of the actors are even english, Anjelica Houston voices Ms Battleaxe. She is from Los Angeles, not Essex or London or Southend or anything. Richard E. Grant is from South Africa. Fourth, Actors who are notable for great acts in TV shows and movies. Jo Brand from QI, Anjelica Houston from the Addams Family and Rebecca Front from The Thick Of It. It was a nightmare. I survived commiting suicide again.
Luke P.
August 10, 2011
The Horrid Henry series was the first series of books I ever read, (Of course, I had read other books beforehand) and I always wanted there to be a movie. And when it finally came out and I saw it.... it was one of the weirdest times at the cinema because it was a very weird movie. Maybe the only reason I gave this seventy percent is because of the nostalgia going through my mind.
Sammy370
October 13, 2012
I`m going to hate this
Bradley O.
September 10, 2012
Pretty much horrendous. It is terribly acted, ridiculously predictable, and pointlessly scripted. Take Henry out the title and put horrid after the, then you have the movie
May 16, 2012
terrible casting and acting :(
July 22, 2012
The name-puns were stupid, the name accurately described the movie...-sigh- That's it. Other than the then-upcoming Brave, I saw nothing original in movies anymore.
Cool Cat
June 14, 2012
Here is one word that completely describes this movie:Terrible. Enough said.
June 1, 2012
I saw this movie on DVD with my sister (who's three) on Blu-Ray and she left aboutten minutes to go so i watched the rest of movie. I saw the cartoon and read the books so i decided to give this a shot and well...it was HORRIBLE. It's bad. Lets take a minute and say that Theo Stevenson and Anjelica Hudson where OK. It would have been alot better if it just had there rivalry from the show or books and JUST THAT. Every other actor here is just wasted like Horne and Grant and now they add in some bull crap about teachers getting sacked and it turns out it's because of Richard E. Grant (well at first it's Henry but it later becomes him) so he can get the school to shut down all the boys of England to attened this boarding school. There is also another one about a girls boarding school but who cares. After this i'm just like: WHY DON'T YOU JUST EXPELL HENRY INSEAD OF SAYING TO EVERYONE "YOU'R SACKED, YOUR SACKED" . The show and books had a charm but this doesn't at all. Most of the jokes are awkard. Especially the ones where Henery and Peter are like levitating or something, fozen in mid air. There just neck scratching awkaward and to add insult to injury im awarded a "SPECIAL GUEST APPERANCE" from the duo that i hate with a passion. The two talentless craps themself....DICK AND DOM. Even as a kid i hated them and here there just...just terrible. It's like there were just given a regular script and told to make stupid ass faces and do stupid ass voices and do STUPID ASS SOUND EFFECTS. God i know it's a kids movie but put some effort into. Even kids hate this crap as it's not funny. End of strory.
May 29, 2012
This is a film that makes me cringe even as I'm sitting here thinking about it. The acting is horrendous (minus that of Anjelica Huston who was surprisingly quite good as Miss Battle Axe), the effects are dreadful, there are moments that make absouletely no sense and it's just embarrassing to sit through. It's not the worst film I've ever seen but trust me it's in the top 5. I hope I get smashed on the head with something hard so that all memory of this film will be erased from my mind.