• PG, 1 hr. 32 min.

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Horrid Henry: The Movie Reviews

339z
December 30, 2013
wow ummmn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is an alright movie 2 watch.....it is nothing special 2 watch but its an alright movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.......i think that theo stevenson, anjelica huston (from the brilliant tv series smash), scarlett stitt, parminder nagra (from the brilliant tv series alcatraz), richard e grant, noel fielding (from the brilliant tv series the .i.t. crowd), matthew horne, prunella scales (from the brilliant tv series fawlty towers), david schneider (from the brilliant tv series im alan partridge), jo brand, kimberley walsh, play good roles/parts throughout this movie.....i think that the director of this kids/family/comedy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.......i think that david schneider was great throughout this movie..........i think that the fight scenes throughout this movie were pretty good.......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.....i think that anjelica huston was great throughout this movie.......i think that the director had made good use of the 3-d effects throughout this movie.......i think that this is an enjoyable family movie 2 watch it is nothing special 2 watch but its an enjoyable kids movie......i think that this is a good movie for 2011......its got a good cast throughout this movie.......i think that the special effects throughout this movie were pretty good throughout this movie......i think that noel fielding was great throughout this movie......i think that this is a good enjoyable comedy movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie......i think that this is an enjoyable kids movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie.....i think that jo brand was good throughout this movie.....i think that richard e grant was brilliant throughout this movie as the bad guy thorughout this movie.....i think that this is an enjoyable kids movie 2 watch for 2011 its got a good cast thorughout this movie.....its an enjoyable kids/family movie 2 watch as its quite funny movie 2 watch with a good cast thorughout this movie....YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE START OF THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENS AT THE START OF THE END OF THE CREDITS IN THIS MOVIE.....
October 20, 2013
The production is not too bad, and it attracts a decent enough British cast, but the story is certainly for the very young.
September 27, 2013
A great movie for kids! I particularly enjoyed the cameos from all the recognisable British comedians, especially Dick and Dom!
August 31, 2013
This wonderful film adaptation of Francesca Simon's Horrid Henry books really brings Henry to life. The only thing it failed to accomplish was the special effects.
June 13, 2013
Why did I watch this? Seriously, the only reason is that me and my friend are doing a "Weird Part of Netflix" night once in a while, and we decided to kick off with this. Sure, it's got its "WTF?" moments, mostly coming from some really horrible CGI, but I find the more reasonable WTF moments more intriguing in here, as the film follows simply horrible logic, and much like Jack & Jill, me and my friend had a LOT (many more this time around) of questions about the realistic responses in it. It has really annoying characters, some really confusing gender roles, just a lot of horrible "jokes", if you would give them the dignity of calling them such, and caused me and my friend to really discuss the school system (which, if this was the intention, great job, actually, but it clearly isn't the focus, so this whole parentheses statement is rather pointless). The plot follows no real structure, and cannot focus on a single conflict at once. I know this is adapted from pre-existing British work, but it does not translate to the screen (though I haven't seen the original work of which this is based, and thus have no knowledge on if it would have in the first place). I know many of you may say "Oh Kyle, it's just a kids movie, don't try to bring any big messages into it, it wasn't made for that"; while you do have a point. it should not be this way. Films like Up, Spirited Away, and Hugo have taught children great messages and have made subjects like early film history fun and exciting. I hold by the mentality that in film, television, literature, or any medium that children can be taught pretty much anything so long as you do it right. I could go on and on about the logic of this film if you were to start a discussion about this film with me, but not now. This film is just a generic kids film with extra annoying, and makes the same stereotypical school-based "kids film" stuff you have seen before. It's (and I don't mean to make this pun, honestly, it's just my word to describe this film) horrid, with no real morals, confusing plot points, hard to follow conflicts, no real logic, insipid acting, generic / annoying humor, oh and did I mention that it is one of the worst musicals I've ever heard / seen in my life? I mean, sans the horrible kazoo chorus, which is simply, albeit unintentionally, hilarious. Besides that though, Horrid Henry: The Movie is just about the perfect example of how not to make a film aimed for children.
May 15, 2013
I was a fan of the books because they were original...this sucked and didn't live up to the hype of the childhood classics.
nirvanbarua
May 4, 2013
It wasn't as good as I thought it would be.
Prestonm111
March 18, 2013
looks like a good movie
March 15, 2013
want to see horrid Henry the movie now please
Charlie L.
March 10, 2013
Terrible. But kids will love it.
Hamee
March 2, 2013
I will not be watching this.
alexandrasawesome555
February 20, 2013
i really want to see it
January 11, 2013
A film based on a book, which doesn't even get that right, and a HUGE joke of a film.
January 10, 2013
Looks like it could be worse than The Smurfs
January 10, 2013
What the heck?? Is this "the oogieloves" of 2013?????
January 8, 2013
Someone actually made this!?
Fourteenyearold
January 8, 2013
Horrid Henry: The Movie is undoubtedly ugly,stupid and very terrible, This movie is only suitable for adults and never for kids, Your kids will get trauma, It's really a plain simple mess and utterly uninteresting.

When Henry fails yet again to hand in his homework, he inadvertently sets off an unexpected and curious chain of events. He forms an unlikely alliance with Moody Margaret, the infuriating girl next door, outwits corrupt School Inspectors, topples an evil Headmaster, wins a talent contest, and stands up to his ultimate nemesis. With each antic crazier than the last, Henry finds himself inexplicably trying to save the very school which he has always professed to hate

This is where that depressing moment, when i should go outside and hangout with anybody, This is a film that makes me cringe even as I'm sitting here thinking about it, It was never my intention to watch this.

Horrid Henry didn't deliver any entertainment or even humorous moments, this is very horrendous and very unappetizing, this film is incredibly pointless and extremly lazy.

But still I will not give this a zero rating, because im so lucky that i finished this, but Horrid Henry is another trash film that delivers horrible performances, ugly cast and misguided script.
Trevor P.
January 7, 2013
Give me a weapon... *Destroys poster*
January 5, 2013
A Complete Waste Of Time
December 28, 2012
Very sorry, another long review.

Sooooo, this is the realistic big hit with nativity 2? NO! Both are stupid. But this is the one I have seen and I pretended if I liked it when I got out of the cinema but in reality, I hate it so much. First, the acting. The acting is terrible, most of it as little known and cheap actors who don't get enough money, this is probably the reason. Second, some mistakes in their names, at the part where Peter floats to Miss Lovely, Peter snickers. He's not perfect if he did that, if so, then why did he do that? It's misleading names. Also, Horrid Henry does not even look that horrid, try to mess up some child's hair with green shoes and then we have a Horrid Henry. Third, Not all of the actors are even english, Anjelica Houston voices Ms Battleaxe. She is from Los Angeles, not Essex or London or Southend or anything. Richard E. Grant is from South Africa. Fourth, Actors who are notable for great acts in TV shows and movies. Jo Brand from QI, Anjelica Houston from the Addams Family and Rebecca Front from The Thick Of It. It was a nightmare. I survived commiting suicide again.