RT Explores the Art of Horton Hears A Who

Blue Sky's Chris Wedge and Mike Thurmeier take RT through the movie.

The Art of Horton Hears a Who!

From visually realising the microscopic inhabitants of Whoville through bringing to life Dr. Seuss' loveable talking elephant Horton, the creative team at Blue Sky have spent years painstakingly designing and animating the world of the Dr. Seuss classic, Horton Hears a Who!. As the film gets ready to open in cinemas around the world, Blue Sky's VP of Creative Development, Chris Wedge - best known as the voice of Scrat in their Ice Age movies - and Mike Thurmeier, Senior Supervising Animator on the film, sat down with RT and talked through the film's visual style.

Comments

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

Looks good. I'm a little worried about all the star's personalities becoming a little too overbearing with all of them together. Could work though.

Mar 14 - 07:57 AM

Joe Utichi

Joe Utichi

I actually wasn't too hopeful about it, but it really works. There are a few moments that are a little too Dreamworks for comfort, but on the whole it's suitably Pixar. The stars don't star it up in the way they would in Shark Tale or something, and Blue Sky continues its sterling tradition of creating brilliant supporting characters who add nothing to the main plot.

There's a Japanimation sequence that had me in tears.

Best Seuss by a long, long way.

Mar 14 - 08:07 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

You just amped up my interest in this flick. Not that I wasn't already interested, but yeah. ;-)

Mar 15 - 03:51 AM

minderbinder

anonymous anonymous

I'm a little concerned about the script, but the look of this is absolutely gorgeous, rivals anything Pixar has done.

Reviews look good so far, I might actually give this a shot in the theatre.

Mar 14 - 09:09 AM

smi1ey

Matt Dunn

when i saw the first preview of this, i thought it looked HORRIBLE- and this was one of my fav books as a kid! after looking at some other footage and screens, i may give this a chance. still skeptical though.

Mar 14 - 02:38 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Mar 15 - 03:51 AM

minderbinder

anonymous anonymous

I was actually leaning toward going...but then I heard they put an REO Speedwagon song in the movie.

I wouldn't call myself a purist, but I have to draw the line for a Seuss movie somewhere...and that's way over the line. MAYBE on dvd...

Mar 17 - 10:05 AM

TheMcKellar

Travis McKellar

It was okay, not great.

Apr 8 - 08:21 AM

luvneverends

vicki lee

He looks handsome. I just saw his profile on millionaire&celeb dating site

RichMatchMaking.com. It is said he has a crush on wealthy young women on that site.

Apr 26 - 08:37 AM