Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! Reviews

April 3, 2016
Despite that awful scene referencing Horton anime, this movie does have a likable charm to it. I'm not saying this is a perfect representation of Dr. Suess, as in there are still some pop-culture references, but I think the spirit of this film is in the right place.
½ April 2, 2016
i remember watching this for like 5 years ago. its fucking terrible
i had to watch this at school btw
½ March 28, 2016
Horton Hears A Who, is definitely worth a watch, it shows evidence of a great film in both it's story as well as visually.
June 19, 2011
Great animation, Please dont spoil it by doing a sequel, Really funny in places and kids will love it, Worth a watch.
March 23, 2016
Great book that they turned into a good movie! Bright colors, great for all ages
½ June 9, 2015
Like it for it's voice acting and animation
February 26, 2016
Such a great, funny movie. I had like no problems with it whatsoever. Very unique story, very funny and had awesome animation and a great cast and characters as well. Horton and The Mayor were hilarious, as well as Vlad and Katie, the weird yellow guinea pig thing. It also has a great message as well and makes you think outside the box a little bit.
½ January 15, 2016
Dr. Seuss movie adaptations really get under my skin! But this one stayed really true to its source material. Yes there are some stupid moments but it's not enough to call this a bad animated movie. The colors and visuals really capture the world of Dr Seuss and the character design is good too. It's fun for the whole family! But whatever you do, do not watch the others!
½ January 3, 2016
Jim Carrey doesn't believe in vaccinations. He and his movies are idiotic
½ December 2, 2015
Outside of the environmental rhetoric it is a fun movie.
November 30, 2015
Horton Hears a Who is a heartwarming rare success in the Dr. Seuss try-hard-adaptations, bring new laughs and energy while sticking to its original spirits.
November 13, 2015
Adults will enjoy along with the little ones this funny finely done tale.
November 1, 2015
A heartwarming adaptation, full with the rhymes in the dialogue, Horton Hears a Who, is a movie for all ages.
September 26, 2015
Dr. Seuss book to movie adaptations haven't been good lately. But Horton Hears A Who's animated adaption from Blue Sky is a different tale. Review by Logan Cornn.
½ May 26, 2015
I haven't read many Dr. Seuss books as a child. The ones I had, which were The Cat in the Hat, The Cat in the Hat Comes Back, Green Eggs and Ham, and The Foot Book, were hand-me-downs. So when this film came out, I was pretty excited. I knew about the story and the characters because I watched the old cartoon, and even though I didn't read the book, I realized that this was the only Dr. Seuss film to capture the spirit of the source material. It's animation is bright and colorful, the message is well established, and I'm always left with a great feeling when the film concludes. I like Horton's determination and kindness, as well as the Mayor's. Jim Carrey and Steve Carrell do good voice acting jobs. Seth Rogan and Vin Diesel were funny additions. Speaking of humor, the film does have lots of funny moments. The dramatic moments are also done pretty well. I just really enjoy this film. It has a couple of problems though. While I do think the film is funny, I think it relied too much on pop cultural references to make it humorous. The anime scene had me dying, but at the same time I thought it was really silly, and the references slightly suck out the whimsical tone of the story. I also kind of thought the villain was a little too serious. She kicked a child like a football for God's sake, leading to another pop cultural reference. The dialogue is little dumb at times too, and some of the jokes were a little inappropriate for a Dr. Seuss film. Other than that, I love this film. It's hard to make a Dr. Seuss film work, and I'm glad they pulled it off. Horton Hears a Who is a cute, delightful little treat.
August 26, 2015
Horton Hears a Who! could have been terrible, but it was actually quite pleasant.
August 22, 2015
you know I honestly thought that bluesky would adapt a dr Seuss story so perfect when it was so hard in the past.
March 20, 2008
not the best movie but really cute at times
July 5, 2009
Has it's funny moments, the animation is pretty good. The only reason I even saw this is because of Jim Carrey doing the voice of Horton, and for the most part he does great, I'd like to see more voice over work from him, just not sure if this should have been his starting point to it.
½ July 25, 2015
A film worth watching that has it is worth slapping Seuss's name on. But still not as timeless as the story. The movie feels dated a bit.