Hotel California - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hotel California Reviews

October 11, 2013
This urban style movie hits hard across the head with blood and violence. American men and women's brains splattered into the air in drug deals gone wrong, allow the actors to give a raw gut brutality to their characters. English is brutalized in a crude nakedness scratching a blunt edge to the listening ear. Nibbles: Dog Cookies.
January 10, 2013
Flixster's movie summary is way off, but the movie is still a good view.
October 4, 2012
love that night auditor at the end owned that last guy with a shotgun!!! hahahaha
July 20, 2012
I watched it once, but have to watch it again!
July 19, 2011
Hotel California proved to be a spectacular gansgter/crime drama. Unnecessary timeline jumps tend to make a film corny and watered down, but if well executed they can really add depth to a film. This was one of those cases. Geo Santini & Jason Hice put together a strong plot about ruthless crime, betrayal and loyalty. Good elements for any gangster movie. The characters were not all that dynamic save for Troy, but the framework of the plot didn't really leave much room for character development. The acting in this film was decent, some of the best work I've seen from Simon Rex. Erik Palladino did a fine job as well. Unfortunately I can't say the same for Tyson Beckford, but it may have just been the two-dimensional nature of his character. What did get to me were those little B&W sequences. They were not necessary at all and were used much too frequently. Santini's directorial skill was generally well exercised, he utilized lighting well in this movie. Overall an entertaining picture.
½ June 25, 2011
omg...TB pls stick to not doing scripted dialogue. *rolling eyes*
½ November 29, 2010
Well thought out movie.. Really good Direct to DvD movie.
½ October 1, 2010
story wasn't catchy..and shouldn't be stretched like this..
½ September 9, 2010
Great movie, I will warn you I playa very bad man.
May 5, 2010
Looks interesting enough.
½ April 9, 2010
I can't even get through the first 30 min. This movie is dragging and it's garbage!!! I can see why it didn't make it to the movie theater.
½ April 8, 2010
I've been wanting to see this since I first saw the trailer. Finally, it got released and it was well worth the wait. I really liked it.
½ April 4, 2010
hmmm..had potential, good cast, could of been a lot better, but still worth a watch, film keeps jumpin back and forth which is irritating but it makes sense at the end.
December 4, 2009
This is one great movie, it's Scarface meets The Usual Suspects. I play a bad guy named Jodie who rapes Tatyana Ali's character Jessie.