Housebroken Reviews

SC007
August 28, 2011
Big misfire. They had a good idea for a film but didn't execute it correctly. Failure to Launch was better than this film. Danny DeVito, Katel Sagal, and Tom Wilson are great in the film. However, the guys playing DeVito's sons are miscast.
Over the Rising Sun
½ February 23, 2011
Bad movie. Don't watch it. Not funny. 10/100
½ May 22, 2010
funny enough. if you watch it because of one of the actors in this like i did. then you'll enjoy it.
½ February 12, 2014
this is garbage why did I see this
½ August 8, 2012
One really has to wonder how great actors like Danny DeVito get involved in projects like this
December 15, 2011
This doesn't even get a star if it weren't for Sons of Anarchy Katey Segal's Career would be over for good Housebroken and Jack and the Beanstalk glad she is on sons of anarchy though Oh Peggy what Happened
½ December 2, 2011
The worst film I have ever seen.
½ October 27, 2011
Mildly entertaining, never quite got to where it needed to be. I guess I was waiting for the big laugh & it was over before it happened.
February 26, 2011
Discharge number three!

Two brothers, in their mid twenties, still live at home with their parents and have little direction in life. When their father retires, he insists that his sons find a job and move out to begin their own lives. When the father's attempts to motivate his sons fail, he leaves the house with no groceries and turns off all of the utilities and informs the brothers they will need to find a way to survive. The two brothers will need to work together to overcome life's basic obstacles.

"I'm sure erections are a common hazard."

Sam Harper delivers House Broken in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture reminded me a little of Step Brothers with Will Ferrell. The story itself is unoriginal, but the execution is well presented and worth following. The script is solid and contains some clever aspects and the execution of the characters by the cast is above average. The cast includes Danny DeVito, Katey Sagal, Ryan Hansen, Caitlin Crosby, Skyler Stone, and Brie Larson.

"Break his cracker ass!"

I happened to come across this picture while flicking through the channels this morning and decided to give it a shot. I was surprised how often I found myself chuckling at the content and awkward situations. The movie as a whole is nothing special but it does have enough comedic elements to make it worth watching once. I do recommend seeing this film but it may not be worth purchasing.

"I'm not pooping in a box."

Grade: C+
Over the Rising Sun
½ February 23, 2011
Bad movie. Don't watch it. Not funny. 10/100
August 19, 2010
I originally rented this movie because it "starred" Danny Devito., and when he stopped being the main character, I was upset, but continued watching nonetheless. What a found was a decent comedy with not nonstop laughs, but evenly spread out laughs and a decent plot that starts slow, but gets decent and stays good through the end. Recommend watching with friends.
April 26, 2010
i didn't make it through. Painful. I love Danny DeVito. Somebody must have had something over him to get him to do this one.
½ April 1, 2010
* (out of four)

I like Danny DeVito a lot. So, it is hard to see him in something like this that is this bad. "Housebroken" is a comedy that doesn't have a single amusing line or situation. Written and directed by Sam Harper. This is an early but very viable candidate for worst film of 2010.

DeVito plays a fireman who has just retired. He now wants a life of leisure. But his two grown sons are always lounging around the house being lazy and refusing to get jobs. So the father decides to kidnap his wife and take her into the mountains to force the sons to support themselves at home.

Can you believe this plot. It's delivery is even worse than its premise. The two sons are idiots. They are written to be sort of cool in their idiocy. They come off as slackers bordering on mentally ill.