Why such dislike?

I have loved this movie since it came out 12 years ago and I just don't see why the rotten rating. It kept to the meaning and is incredibly entertaining and fun. People slashing it for its strangesness clearly have missed the part that uh yeah Dr.Seuss is weird. This is one of my favorites and I am sad so many people hate it! I like this and the other Universal Studios Dr. Seuss films (yes the cat and the hat look for my review) and the dislike is just a dissapointment.
Dylan P.
12-16-2012 04:06 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Lui Miller

Lui Miller

Watch Nostalgia Critic's review.

Aug 7 - 12:56 AM

Rocket

Rocket Raccoon

Same thing with me and the live action Cat in the Hat movie. Then, I went back and looked back on it.

May 19 - 01:35 PM

Kevin DeLoughry

Kevin DeLoughry

a thousand reasons
allow this asshole to explain it in rhyme
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/33599-the-grinch

Dec 25 - 06:56 PM

George Smith

George Smith

So you and that "asshole" both like. Then why do you hate him?

Apr 18 - 05:43 AM

Samantha Burnett

Samantha Burnett

I agree! All my friends and I love this movie! It is so fantastic, and weird, just like all Dr. Suess books. I feel like it should be! Not to mention, Jim Carrey is fantastic! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is so confused about all the rotten ratings!

Dec 24 - 04:50 PM

Kathy Forrest

Kathy Forrest

I know.. are these people weirder than Dr. Suess? it's totally awesome ! Everyone I know thinks it's very freakin funny... are these people kidding? ...1000 times better than the moldy, generic 15 min cartoon !

Dec 23 - 09:56 PM

Erin Hollingsworth

Erin Hollingsworth

I totally agree! my best friend and I have been watching it every Christmas for the last 4 years! We are now both 18 years old and just watched it the other day and still laugh so hard at so many parts. This movie is filled with comedy Jim carrey does an outstanding job. It's so perfect! It has the perfect mix of children and adult comedy! "IT'S NOT A SKIRT IT'S A KILT, SICKO!" I love it and all the people bashing this film obviously don't understand that Dr.suess was weird.. I love this movie and always will!

Dec 22 - 03:24 PM

Gisela Gallego

Gisela Gallego

While I didn't like The Cat in the Hat, I do liked The Grinch. I liked the first time I watched it when I was a little girl, just as much as the animation. It's weird, yeah, but you have to give it credit for using some of the actual lines of the story.

Dec 16 - 10:05 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile