How to Eat Fried Worms Reviews

½ April 12, 2011
It's a cute kid's movie. Worm Boy is adorable.. but I can't really relate in any kind of way to this prepubescent story.
January 26, 2010
I love how the kids are very stupid! It is so fun that I forget how ridiculous it is!
June 21, 2008
The movie was decent. It was based off of the book and had decent simularities - as always the book is better but the movie did do it some justice.

It's a fun film to watch, especially with your family, but is obviously focused on material for younger-children. It's worth a watch atleast one time and then from there maybe good to see again if you have kids.
movieguru12
March 19, 2008
Funny!!!!!!!
June 5, 2007
It was kinda cute...
March 19, 2007
When I watch films like this, I am looking for three things. I hope to find some young talent, before anyone else knows who they are, a unique story, and a funny scene or two. Unfortunately, the story here is quite disgusting and there weren't any stand out performances, but there was a really funny scene, where the nerdy kid gets caught playing dance dance revolution. The story begins when a new kid named Billy (Luke Benward) moves to town. The other kids immediately try to intimidate him, by replacing his lunch with a bag of worms. To their surprise, in defiance, Billy eats the worms and gains their respect. One thing leads to another and eventually a very disgusting competition is born. The film is based on a very popular children's book and that's really who this film was intended for. Occasionally, you get some surprises out of a film like this, but as I said earlier, there really wasn't any stand out talent here. I didn't find any young actors/actresses that I could start following from the beginning of their career, but the kids weren't bad either. They seemed to have a lot of fun with the strange story and ultimately I think kids will probably really enjoy it. As for us adults, there really isn't anything here for us to watch and I may never eat gummy worms ever again.
September 9, 2006
Cute. Good for kids... however, adults may get bored.
May 28, 2011
a grossingly fun time watching this. a gret family comedy that yes is gross, but has some flavors on it's own. this is a film kids will like and parents will find it intresting. A
June 28, 2011
Strictly speaking, nothing but childish drivile getting its big screen two cents
½ March 4, 2008
gross film, but the son liked it
iLeo
December 10, 2007
Hilarious! I definitely remember reading the book as a child. It was great then, it still is within this film.
nickymo89
½ September 4, 2007
Read the book as a kid and loved it so the movie gave me warm memories. The book is still far better but nice kids movie with a few ewwwwwws and laughs and very positive messages.
½ December 16, 2011
A disturbing kid's movie about eating worms. I can't believe I actually watched this many years ago.
December 30, 2009
Genre: Comedy and Family
Rated PG for mild bullying and some crude humor.
Won Best Young Ensemble in a Feature Film in 2007

Quote:
Donny: His mind told his vomit to stay inside his stomach.
Joe: Impossible.
Plug: Yeah, puke has a mind of it's own.

My review:
A twist on the typical school bully movie, the new kid does not want to be bullied, so he challenges the bully. What is even more shocking, the end!
December 19, 2009
The rating is kinda high cause for a kids movie this wasn't half bad. I hate kids movies that my son watches an this one was ok.
March 4, 2008
This movie was GREAT! It was so funny, well acted and fun to watch. You could tell that the actors were having fun making this movie and got along well with each other. They brought so much energy into it. "Worms" is written for kids, and I am amused at the reviews against this movie written by adults. I am an adult, but I LOVED it. It made me feel like a kid again. I also strongly recommend that you watch the gag reel and making. I saw it AGAIN on Sat!
½ October 17, 2008
cool movie EWW grosss thye just ate a grosss yucky wiggly worm thats just completely grosss (me being a blonde!! haha)
½ July 29, 2008
Not Good. Liked The Animated Movie Version And The Book Better. This Is What Hoot Whould've Been If It Sucked!
August 8, 2007
I know it was fake but watching that kid eat worms made my stomach turn! Otherwise, this was a cute movie for pre-adolescent boys.
½ January 19, 2008
It was alright, it was pretty grose though. i liked that whole microwaving the worm things it looked cool. It was okay.