How to Eat Fried Worms - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

How to Eat Fried Worms Reviews

½ April 12, 2011
It's a cute kid's movie. Worm Boy is adorable.. but I can't really relate in any kind of way to this prepubescent story.
January 26, 2010
I love how the kids are very stupid! It is so fun that I forget how ridiculous it is!
June 21, 2008
The movie was decent. It was based off of the book and had decent simularities - as always the book is better but the movie did do it some justice.

It's a fun film to watch, especially with your family, but is obviously focused on material for younger-children. It's worth a watch atleast one time and then from there maybe good to see again if you have kids.
movieguru12
March 19, 2008
Funny!!!!!!!
June 5, 2007
It was kinda cute...
December 22, 2007
This is a nice family movie. It gives you some good laughs with it's semi-gross nature. It is really just a great young cast that really sells it.
March 19, 2007
When I watch films like this, I am looking for three things. I hope to find some young talent, before anyone else knows who they are, a unique story, and a funny scene or two. Unfortunately, the story here is quite disgusting and there weren't any stand out performances, but there was a really funny scene, where the nerdy kid gets caught playing dance dance revolution. The story begins when a new kid named Billy (Luke Benward) moves to town. The other kids immediately try to intimidate him, by replacing his lunch with a bag of worms. To their surprise, in defiance, Billy eats the worms and gains their respect. One thing leads to another and eventually a very disgusting competition is born. The film is based on a very popular children's book and that's really who this film was intended for. Occasionally, you get some surprises out of a film like this, but as I said earlier, there really wasn't any stand out talent here. I didn't find any young actors/actresses that I could start following from the beginning of their career, but the kids weren't bad either. They seemed to have a lot of fun with the strange story and ultimately I think kids will probably really enjoy it. As for us adults, there really isn't anything here for us to watch and I may never eat gummy worms ever again.
September 9, 2006
Cute. Good for kids... however, adults may get bored.
May 28, 2011
a grossingly fun time watching this. a gret family comedy that yes is gross, but has some flavors on it's own. this is a film kids will like and parents will find it intresting. A
June 28, 2011
Strictly speaking, nothing but childish drivile getting its big screen two cents
½ March 4, 2008
gross film, but the son liked it
iLeo
December 10, 2007
Hilarious! I definitely remember reading the book as a child. It was great then, it still is within this film.
nickymo89
½ September 4, 2007
Read the book as a kid and loved it so the movie gave me warm memories. The book is still far better but nice kids movie with a few ewwwwwws and laughs and very positive messages.
February 23, 2015
This has been a favorite movie of mine for years. It's a nice children's movie and it's lightheaded, pretty funny the only problem is I think Erika, could have been in a few more scenes. I really liked her character.
November 23, 2011
It's generally gross, but it's sort-of sweet on standing up to yourself and making friends, along having funny bits on the way. (B-)

(Full review coming soon)
November 6, 2014
Can't remember much of this movie, but it seems like I watched it just yesterday! I can't believe this came out almost 10 years ago!
July 1, 2012
Why write a book about this? and then if it couldn't get worse, why make a movie about this? There is no message or anything to take away from this film, especially not entertainment.
½ August 26, 2012
Ugh, what a revolting film. And they complain about kids getting dumber? Given how complicated and chaotic the adult world is, there's at least an excuse for adults to be digesting simplistic material for escapism or catharsis. But for children there's no excuse. Movies like these have no heart in them at all, they're just capitalizing on the success of comedies. What's more, the movie gives a flawed and misguided message that bullies are just wounded sweethearts who don't get love or support at home.
½ August 20, 2006
I liked the book but the movie was not that great. The only good part about it was watching Michael squirm. That was awsome.
½ December 16, 2011
A disturbing kid's movie about eating worms. I can't believe I actually watched this many years ago.