Howling III - The Marsupials Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
½ December 9, 2011
Howling III is the third entry in the series, and like so many of the entries in this franchise, this film is yet another poor attempt to try and make a sequel to a classic. This is another dreadfully bad sequel that doesn't do anything to thrill or entertain. Everything about the film is poor. This third entry is an utter mess of a film and doesn't do anything new or original. The screenwriters couldn't write an effective film and the plot falls apart very quickly. The actors deliver awful performances and this yet another mediocre sequel. Unfortunately for fans of the original Joe Dante classic, there have many more awful sequels that really don't make any sense. Howling III is no different than any other sequels in this watered down franchise. This yet another boring entry that really doesn't do anything whatsoever in to elevate the storytelling set in Dante's original classic. If you ask me, The Howling never did need any sequels because the screenwriters are clearly unable to create something that captures the essence of the original film. That's why the sequels in this series have constantly failed, they're poorly done, and they all fail to deliver the werewolf action that fans have come to expect from the first film. Add to that poorly done effects that clearly look fake and bad directing, and you have yet another film that fails to deliver the thrills. Avoid like all the others.
½ September 9, 2014
Crossing a few things off the To-Watch Pile recently and this one is pretty fucking goofy, but I still had a bit of fun with it in spite of everything. It's got such an over the top approach it's hard to not enjoy on some levels, y'know? Just waiting to see what the fuck they'll do next.

Rental.
November 5, 2011
I don't think this was supposed to be a comedy... so I have to conclude that everyone behind this movie is just batshit insane.
½ November 14, 2011
What the fuck did I just watch? Seriously... what the fuck? Wereroos. Skellotons of Wereroos attacking people? Make-up effects that are just fucking horrible. Acting just as bad. Never again. NEVER.
April 12, 2010
Honestly, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this movie. Mainly because it has a little bit of everything. All those bits add up into a great experience that shouldn't be missed.

The story goes like this. Jerboa doesn't like how things are going at the werewolf camp so she leaves home like many teens. She ends up on a park bench in Sydney where she is found by a horror movie director who wants her to be an actress in a movie. Since she has nowhere else to go she obliges and they become "fast friends." Their relationship quickly turns romantic which leads Jerboa to run away again, afraid that her new boyfriend will find out who she really is. After she is struck by a car several scientists find out that she is a werewolf and thus begins her journey away from the clutches of authority.

Why do I like this movie so much? It's very original. It has a low budget, but that doesn't stop them from being ambitious with the effects. It doesn't have big names, who needs em anyway? It is shameless regarding the absurdity of the plot, I can appreciate that. It has a lot more substance then you first realize. It also doesn't wimp out on content or execution like most horror movies. When people change forms, it's messy, it's hairy and even though it's fake; It's cool. There are also all kinds of little surprises and great performances by the entire cast. This was no accident. They really wanted to make this film and it shows.

I think one factor that played into my high appraisal of the film is that it was made in Australia for Australians. Because of this fact it has a unique charm that never goes away, even during the really stupid parts. It has a fun way of presenting goofy situations without insulting your intelligence. It's not a great movie but it is very good. I'm afraid that if I rate it any higher I will have no way of expressing the awesomeness of movies that approach genre perfection like Phenomena.

Right now this movie is on Netflix instant watch. Definitely see this one.
December 31, 2008
Really goofy,but great 2.

READ #15..lol (same feelings)

Good,and funny.
½ May 24, 2014
What was the point of this film, it was neither scary or fun to watch.
May 23, 2014
Best Marsupial Werewolf of '87!
April 12, 2014
worst werewolf move ever made
½ March 4, 2014
Natural freaks are born all of the time.

Rumors start circulating that strange creatures throughout time, that may be werewolves, reside in Australia. A sociologist heads to Australia to begin some research and he meets a young lady, falls in love, and accidentally impregnates her. She turns out to be a werewolf and they start a family...with a half human and half werewolf. They try to keep to themselves but things get complicated.

"I think he fell in love with the Russian werewolf."
"Well, was it female?"
"Yes."
"Thank Christ for that."

Philippe Mora, director of Mad Dog Morgan, The Beast Within, Death of a Soldier, Burning Down the House, Snide and Prejudice, and Continuity, delivers the Marsupials: Howling III. The storyline for this picture is very terrible. Some of the action scenes are entertaining, but the make-up is inconsistent and I can't say I loved the werewolf special effects. The acting was terrible and the cast includes Barry Otto, Michael Pate, Imogen Annesley, and Frank Thring."

"Is the doctor in the house?"

I always enjoyed watching these movies when I was younger, even though they are painfully bad. Well, this may be the worst, but we'll see as I continue to watch this series. Overall, this is an epically bad film that isn't worth your time...even if you're a huge fan of the genre.

"My stepfather tried to rape me and he's a werewolf."

Grade: F
April 30, 2013
What a pathetic movie. I was hoping this could be one of those silly "so bad its good" corny movies like Leprechaun but no it made no sense, had horrific acting, and was just so shitty. Don't watch this piece of shit ever.
½ March 8, 2013
The film it progresses in an awkward way the transitioning between scenes makes absolutely no sense. The love story is not funny or heart warming, but really really creepy. The actors to try to give their best performances, however that being said a lot of the characters are bland and easily forgettable, and the use of the wide angle lens does not really add to some of the scenes and is really nauseating. The monsters of the movie do not make sense and certainly are hardly scary. One of the major problems I have is that a lot of the characters are never explained and the opening makes little sense and does not provide us with a clue as to what the film will be about. The film I suggest to any fans of bad movies, however if your looking for a good and entertaining comedy horror movie I would suggest watching Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein.
November 15, 2012
it's sad when the only enjoyable werewolf movie out there is a parody. But I guess it's better than nothing. The ending was also legitimately clever (and also silly at the same time).
October 28, 2012
kangeroo werewolves. What else can you say.
July 3, 2012
A disgusting mess and an outright embarrassment for the Australian film industry.
July 1, 2012
One of the most un-watchable films of modern cinema.
½ June 12, 2012
Brilliant sequel, nothing to do with the rest of the series, but it's good fun with a great social message!
February 10, 2012
This film is weiiiiiird. But in a cool way. It's awesome to see an Australian film from when they could be original, immaginative and exciting. And not crap. the only problem is the film has multiple-ending syndrome, and the end streatches out waaaaay too long. And then the actual ending makes no sense. Oh well, it was fun.
January 14, 2012
''Is it a boy or a girl?''

One of the top 10 worst movies ever made.... EVER made.