Howling III - The Marsupials Reviews

½ January 28, 2010
I'll just write bollocks.
½ September 9, 2014
Crossing a few things off the To-Watch Pile recently and this one is pretty fucking goofy, but I still had a bit of fun with it in spite of everything. It's got such an over the top approach it's hard to not enjoy on some levels, y'know? Just waiting to see what the fuck they'll do next.

Rental.
½ May 24, 2014
What was the point of this film, it was neither scary or fun to watch.
May 23, 2014
Best Marsupial Werewolf of '87!
April 12, 2014
worst werewolf move ever made
½ March 4, 2014
Natural freaks are born all of the time.

Rumors start circulating that strange creatures throughout time, that may be werewolves, reside in Australia. A sociologist heads to Australia to begin some research and he meets a young lady, falls in love, and accidentally impregnates her. She turns out to be a werewolf and they start a family...with a half human and half werewolf. They try to keep to themselves but things get complicated.

"I think he fell in love with the Russian werewolf."
"Well, was it female?"
"Yes."
"Thank Christ for that."

Philippe Mora, director of Mad Dog Morgan, The Beast Within, Death of a Soldier, Burning Down the House, Snide and Prejudice, and Continuity, delivers the Marsupials: Howling III. The storyline for this picture is very terrible. Some of the action scenes are entertaining, but the make-up is inconsistent and I can't say I loved the werewolf special effects. The acting was terrible and the cast includes Barry Otto, Michael Pate, Imogen Annesley, and Frank Thring."

"Is the doctor in the house?"

I always enjoyed watching these movies when I was younger, even though they are painfully bad. Well, this may be the worst, but we'll see as I continue to watch this series. Overall, this is an epically bad film that isn't worth your time...even if you're a huge fan of the genre.

"My stepfather tried to rape me and he's a werewolf."

Grade: F
October 6, 2013
Howling 3 doesn't appear to be trying to be serious but even as a 'bad' film this is bad. The Howling goes Down Under complete with Dame Edna Everage and and marsupial werewolves. Given the choice of laughter or tears I'd probably go for the latter.
April 30, 2013
What a pathetic movie. I was hoping this could be one of those silly "so bad its good" corny movies like Leprechaun but no it made no sense, had horrific acting, and was just so shitty. Don't watch this piece of shit ever.
March 15, 2013
That's right, folks. Werewolves with pouches!
½ March 8, 2013
The film it progresses in an awkward way the transitioning between scenes makes absolutely no sense. The love story is not funny or heart warming, but really really creepy. The actors to try to give their best performances, however that being said a lot of the characters are bland and easily forgettable, and the use of the wide angle lens does not really add to some of the scenes and is really nauseating. The monsters of the movie do not make sense and certainly are hardly scary. One of the major problems I have is that a lot of the characters are never explained and the opening makes little sense and does not provide us with a clue as to what the film will be about. The film I suggest to any fans of bad movies, however if your looking for a good and entertaining comedy horror movie I would suggest watching Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein.
March 3, 2013
Somewhere along the way I will realise I am just wasting my time with these movies but I feel compelled to continue with the franchise! This was another poor sequel to "The Howling" which had an absolute insane story, awful acting and attempts at humour! The film turned away from the dangers of werewolves and focuses more on their existence amongst humans and how we then try to accept them as one of ourselves! It's really just a boring movie on every account!
November 5, 2011
I don't think this was supposed to be a comedy... so I have to conclude that everyone behind this movie is just batshit insane.
February 10, 2013
I thought any sequel would have to be better than HOWLING II was. I thought this franchise couldn't hurt me again. I was wrong! HOWLING III: THE MARSUPIALS is absolutely terrible, going to unbelievably campy and (frankly) preposterous places. Bad, bad, bad. Why's it so hard to make a solid werewolf movie?
December 7, 2012
Want to see it! Will have to take into account!
November 15, 2012
it's sad when the only enjoyable werewolf movie out there is a parody. But I guess it's better than nothing. The ending was also legitimately clever (and also silly at the same time).
October 28, 2012
kangeroo werewolves. What else can you say.
August 18, 2012
Holds true to the first film!
½ July 26, 2012
A different twist on the standard werewolf story has marsupial werewolves living in rural Australia. The werewolves are portrayed more sympatheticlly here. Incorporates a sly sense of humour. It took only three films to make the Howling name irrelevant, no link to the first two Howlings and followed by several more unrelated sequels.
July 3, 2012
A disgusting mess and an outright embarrassment for the Australian film industry.
July 1, 2012
One of the most un-watchable films of modern cinema.