63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

Howling VI: The Freaks Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

December 8, 2011
Howling VI: The Freaks is yet another garbage sequel that continues the trend of making inept, unimpressive and poorly constructed "entertaining" sequels, which in the case of this sixth entry, is not. This is a mediocre sixth entry, and like every sequel in this franchise is really a pointless effort. This film had an interesting idea, unfortunately the execution is sloppy, and the end result is a sequel like all the other films in the series. The idea was interesting, and if the screenwriters actually would have taken their time to create a good script, maybe this film would have been pretty good. Unfortunately this franchise is plagued with awful, pointless sequel designed to purely cash in on the success of the first film. The sequels of this franchise are all bad, and none are really entertaining. Some have decent ideas for plots, but none are good horror films that actually thrill and scare the viewer. This is really the case with this sixth film, good idea for a film, poorly crafted, directed and acted make this a dud of a film. This film scraps the bottom of the barrel of bad ideas, and though this phrase has come up quite often for my reviews of this franchise, it's quite true too. I shouldn't say this is really a bad idea for a film, just maybe a poorly constructed sequel that is dull and boring. This film looks cheap and feels cheap. Once the credits roll, you are relieved it's over. The potential of this entry is wasted because the screenwriters don't know how to effectively build a good story. Yet another awful Howling sequel.
WrenchLT
WrenchLT

June 3, 2007
A definite improvement upon the last two sequels, even though it gets off to a slow start it's pace is electrifying compared to the previous entries into the series. Though it's not a great film at least it try's to be different and more interesting as far as the plot goes.

The movies low budget is apparent and the acting by some is very poor with the exception of Bruce Payne, who, as always, does the business at playing the villian superbly. And though the budget of the movie was limited, the make-up effects seem to have been done pretty well.

It's one of the stronger "Howling" sequels, but still an average movie.
Anthony L

September 29, 2009
Rubbish but it does try! Some of the shots are quite good but even a bigger budget couldn?t and wouldn?t help the dodgy storyline. The werewolf looks crap too!
June 14, 2013
Perhaps not the worst Howling movie--that is probably IV or V--Howling VI is still another piece of crap in a piece of crap franchise. Only the first film is really any good. IV tries to be original by moving the franchise into a sideshow setting, but it is certainly not Tod Browning's Freaks. Mildly entertaining, Howling VI may be a slight improvement in the series, but overall, it is still boring, unsurprising, unsuspenseful, badly acted, and poorly conceived.
September 26, 2010
I was so excited for this installment of the Howling series. It promised me sideshow freaks. And while it kinda delivered, it also drags on far too long. There's some fun twists and turns along the way, and also midgets and circus geeks and alligator men.
KevinRobbins
April 3, 2014
The world is full of freaks and you're not one of them.

A drifter moves into a small town and settles down, starts making friends, and becomes kind of a source of positive energy for the community. A strange circus arrives in town that specializes in its freak show. The freak show is led by an eccentric man and the people in the freak show are interesting. When the freak show meets the drifter, they quickly want him for the show. Can the drifter expose the freaks and their misdeeds?

"Don't move or I'll shoot your dick into the next county."
"Then I certainly won't move."

Hope Perellp, director of Pet Shop and St. Patrick's Day, delivers Howling VI: The Freaks in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture is actually kind of interesting and I loved the insertion of the freaks into the plot. The werewolves pieces were actual not overly done and I actually enjoyed this picture. The cast delivered average performances and includes Brendan Hughes, Michele Matheson, Sean Sullivan, and Deep Roy.

"People will bow down to you out of respect."

I started watching these films again off Netflix and I can say the last couple are my favorites. This is only an average horror picture, but the settings of the last two pictures were well selected as were the horror elements. I would watch this if you're a fan of the horror genre.

"You see the devil, you shoot him. Any questions?"

Grade: C
October 28, 2012
This is my third favorite in the series. I love the freakshow atmoshere that this movie brings and the guy playing the vampire is amazing.
June 12, 2012
Decent film, adding much to the "Howling" mythology by introducing freaks and vampires into the mix for the first and onlly time in the series.
Nukleopatra
January 15, 2012
It's the worst horror franchise of all time, plain and simple.. and the worst is still to come.
October 27, 2011
Una nueva entrega de la saga mas extraña de la historia del cine. Extrañamente, a medida que se succeden las partes, cualquier parecido con la gloriosa primera parte se va diluyendo cada vez mas. En esta incluso se integran otros monstruos mitologicos como los vampiros(prueba irrefutable de que la serie B lo invento todo mucho antes de la estupidez actual que lleva por nombre una parte del dia). Mas historia, algo mas de presupuesto(tampoco demasiado) y un poco mas de mala baba para acabar entregando una buena pelicula. Disfrutable serie B.
Matt F.
December 19, 2010
Ha, this is a treasure. A real bad treasure.