Hugo

Hugo

94%

The Worst Movie Ever Made

This is an exhaustingly paced, excruciatingly boring, poorly-acted, badly written lump of crap. Thoughts?

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Alexander Suhanov

Alexander Suhanov

For fuck sake! IT WAS MADE FOR KIDS!!! They have no idea what good acting is and (about the plot) a lot of them need the sense of purpose. A little bit of ideology, so what. I've seen much worse movies. It is very sentimental, but I think kids are able to like it. Visuals are not the worst at all. I'm never gonna watch it again, of course, because of its embarrassingly awful acting, but this is not The Worst Movie Ever Made, I think.

Oct 7 - 06:20 AM

Nick Fury

Nick Fury

Please stop, irritating hipster!

Sep 8 - 12:34 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

Lol. If you knew anything about my other opinions, you'd know not to call me a hipster.

Sep 8 - 06:53 PM

Ramon Paolo Alfar

Ramon Paolo Alfar

I swear to "movie god", as Ang Lee quoted last Oscars, that this movie will move you in mind and heart. If you don't feel anything that way, well watch other crappy family movies.

Aug 29 - 10:43 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Sarcasm? I am unfamiliar with human emotions.

Aug 29 - 07:04 PM

Branden M.

Branden Mata

I think its overrated for sure, but still a fine film. I don't the acting or effects were bad at all for example.

Aug 6 - 04:40 PM

Branden M.

Branden Mata

Meant to say "I don't think etc".

Aug 6 - 04:41 PM

The Master of Movies

The Master of Movies

YOU ARE WRONG...THIS MOVIE WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!

Jun 30 - 01:42 AM

Diego Tutweiller

In what FUCKING WAY?

Jul 1 - 08:27 AM

Rebecca of Rohan

Rebecca S.

Thank you, The Master of Movies. Just because it lacked sex and violence it doesn't make it boring.

Jul 6 - 03:45 PM

Diego Tutweiller

No, because it lacked good characters, good acting, a coherent plot, and tolerable dialogue. But sure, insult me all you want. I've got plenty of time.

Jul 13 - 10:56 AM

Anthony Felix

Anthony Felix

You're hard-nosed aren't you? Tell me, what is a good movie you seen lately?

Sep 3 - 07:31 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Apocalypse Now.

Sep 6 - 05:07 PM

Overfed Jed

Overfed Jed

I hate the, ah, ending. Why did, ah, giving Ben Kingsley his, ah, robot back suddenly make, ah, people interested in his movies? How did, ah, Hugo help anyone in any, ah, way whatsoever?

Jun 25 - 05:41 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Yep. It's absolutely, unequivocally, fucking retarded.

Jun 27 - 02:13 AM

Aaron Hughes

Aaron Hughes

that is the most "ah"s I've ever seen in one sentence.

Aug 19 - 01:44 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Y U KATY PERRY?

Aug 20 - 05:11 PM

Aaron Hughes

Aaron Hughes

BECAUSE SHE IS AN EARTH BENDER!

Aug 24 - 02:27 PM

John Tyler

J *

FUCK YOU, BITCH! FANTASTIC WRITING, AMAZING ACTING, WONDERFUL DIRECTION, INTERESTING CHARACTERS, TERRIFIC VISUALS, A SPECTACULAR STORY! THIS MOVIE WAS PHENOMENAL! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE EVEN TALKING ABOUT! EAT SHIT! THIS WAS A BEAUTIFULLY-CRAFTED PIECE OF CINEMATIC ART! KILL YOURSELF!

Jun 25 - 11:58 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Terrible writing, God-awful acting, horrible direction, characters I couldn't give two shits about, boring visuals, a lame-ass story. This movie was the anus of cinema. YOU don't know what the fuck you're even talking about. Eat shit. This was a massive bird shit on the windshield of cinema. Commit seppuku.

Jun 25 - 01:02 PM

Rebecca of Rohan

Rebecca S.

You a disturbed.

Jul 6 - 03:46 PM

Anthony Felix

Anthony Felix

Diego, you don't even know what you're talking about. You obviously don't know a good movie when you see it. Sorry for the insult.

Sep 3 - 07:33 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Oh please, shut the fuck up. Go watch little kid's movies while the rest of us watch some challenging cinema.

Sep 6 - 05:08 PM

I AM NICHOLAS

My Cat (His Name is Ziggy)

I liked this movie, but COME ON. It's his OPINION!!! SOMETHING YOU DIM-WITS HAVE NEVER HEARD OF.

Feb 2 - 02:16 PM

Kevin W.

Kevin Ward

Couldn't have put it better myself.

The thing about the notebook pissed me off the most. Did Hugo get it back? Why, exactly, was it so important to him for the first half-hour or so then COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT?!

Jun 10 - 08:20 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Dead on.

Jun 10 - 06:11 PM

Rebecca of Rohan

Rebecca S.

Really? Wow.

Jul 6 - 03:46 PM

Diego Tutweiller

*Yawn* Boring troll is boring.

Jul 15 - 08:25 PM

Anthony Felix

Anthony Felix

So you're the boring troll Diego?

Sep 3 - 07:34 PM

Diego Tutweiller

You are such an insufferable crack whore. I am merely voicing my opinions on this enormous load of cinematic shit. That is not the definition of a troll.

Sep 6 - 05:08 PM

Diego Tutweiller

And the boredom continues.

Sep 7 - 03:30 PM

Max M.

The Dude

I thought Airplane! was the worst film you've seen. I haven't seen Airplane, or Hugo, but if I had to make a guess, I most likely will not agree with you at all. I heard Airplane was one of the funniest films of all time, while Hugo showed that Scorsese can execute family-friendly themes and do it masterfully. But I'll always respect others people's opinions, especially the opinion of a fellow Big Lebowski fan.

Jun 3 - 09:12 AM

Diego Tutweiller

I haven't seen Airplane! for a while, so my review may be out of date. I will say this, though-- Hugo had no plot and abysmal acting. And I commend you for not falling to the level of the trolls, and leaving such insightful comments as "Fuck you, moron" and "FUcking trollllllllll". You are clearly the rare 1% of intelligent Rotten Tomatoes users.

Jun 4 - 09:40 PM

Max M.

The Dude

No problem, man.

Jun 10 - 06:26 AM

Rebecca of Rohan

Rebecca S.

No plot? Please.
A young boy whose job is winding the clocks at a train station owns an automaton, found by his father, who worked at a museum.
Hugo steals machine parts from a toy maker to fix the automaton.
The toy maker turns out to be Georges Melies, one of the first movie makers.
Georges Melies' movies were forgotten after World War I. Melies tries to forget the past.
Hugo "fixes" Melies by helping him remember his movies.

Jul 6 - 03:55 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Loose plot ends everywhere. No villain. Horrible, cringe-worthy dialogue. Random and unnecessary 3-D shit. Horrible child acting. Utterly moronic storyline. The guy burned his own movies? Retarded. The movie sucked. The end.

Jul 13 - 10:57 AM

John Tyler

J *

This thread is a load of horseshit.

May 26 - 12:37 PM

Diego Tutweiller

In what sense do you mean that, good sir? Do you wish to imply that the thread itself is fecal matter? Do you mean that my opinion is shit? Do you intend to convey your thoughts on the increasingly moronic responses to my forums? I doubt the latter, as you have just posted something that would fall under that category.

Jun 4 - 09:38 PM

Luis Enrique Salas

Luis Enrique Salas

if you think that this movie is the worst, let me say to you that you dont know nothing of cinema an movies!!! Diego, you are an ignorant!!

Mar 31 - 07:39 PM

Diego Tutweiller

I AM an ignorant.

Apr 1 - 05:30 PM

Luis Enrique Salas

Luis Enrique Salas

yes you are!! say that this movie is the worst is blasfemy!!
maybe you dont liked it but thus is your problem man, but you can say that this the worst movie!!

Apr 2 - 07:55 PM

Luis Enrique Salas

Luis Enrique Salas

yes you are!! say that this movie is the worst is a blasfemy!!
maybe you dont liked it but thus is your problem man, but you can t say that this the worst movie!! I know alo t of horrible movies!! This is not one of them!!

Apr 2 - 07:58 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Hmm... 'blasfemy'... 'dont'... 'alo t'... Have you overlooked the possibility that YOU are the 'ignorant' here?

Apr 3 - 03:34 PM

Luis Enrique Salas

Luis Enrique Salas

Yes ,for me you are an ignorant. Hugo is a tribute of the love of cinema!! If you dont liked this means that you hate the cinema!!

Apr 7 - 01:55 PM

Luis Enrique Salas

Luis Enrique Salas

my english is not so good, Im not an ignorant Moron, but i know that this movie is masterpiece!! Has 94 % in this Page!!

Apr 4 - 07:29 PM

Diego Tutweiller

News Flash: BIRTH OF A NATION HAS 100%. I just don't give a shit about critics who get all nostalgic about supposedly 'family-friendly' movies with horrible acting, bad scripts, and bad use of 3D! How does hating an overrated, sentimental, fucking pointless hunk 'o junk like this make me ignorant?

Apr 5 - 04:30 PM

Rebecca of Rohan

Rebecca S.

Thank you, Luis Enrique Salas. You speak truly.

Jul 6 - 03:55 PM

Diego Tutweiller

And with fractured sentences.

Jul 13 - 10:58 AM

Jonathan Mcfest

Jonathan Mcfest

I completely agree, this movie is terrible. I like movies that have a good INTERESTING storyline with well developed characters and possibly a message. Ratatouille was good. The Incredibles was good. Up was good. (Notice I'm only mentioning animations?). Radio was a good movie.

Jan 17 - 01:24 PM

hadisyd

Mike Richards

People who hate this movie only like action and killing and dying and swearing and humour and all that stuff. They don't care if it is totally epic, great story, or any of the really important things.

Jan 6 - 02:56 PM

Jonathan Mcfest

Jonathan Mcfest

I hate violent movies, although the Mission Impossible series was good. How is this "totally epic, great story"? It's a hideous looking boy who lives in a giant clock in Paris and finds a robot. Then he goes to a library and finds yet another pig faced girl and they invade a house and a bunch of papers fly out of a briefcase. In the end, a French guy chases the little boy onto some train tracks with a nightstick. I stopped watching there, hoping the boy would be hit by the train.

Jan 17 - 01:26 PM

Diego Tutweiller

That's an unfair generalization. I hate tons of action movies as well, but this one takes the cake, in the sense that it doesn't even have any decent visuals to offer (at least A Good Day to Die Hard had some, and it was a shit movie).
Hugo is exhaustingly boring, and makes monotonous use of the 3D effects by having unnecessary plumes of smoke fly at the audience for no apparent reason. The story is moronic, and absolutely nothing ends up happening at the end. Why was the old guy so depressed? Oh, because he BURNED HIS OWN DAMN MOVIES. There was no villain in this piece of shit, and no, Sacha Baron Cohen doesn't count. He's too laughable to be the bad guy in ANY film.
Not to mention the child acting. OH GOD, NOT THE ACTING. This kid was worse than Jake Lloyd in The Phantom Menace. And that says a lot. "I thought if I could fix him... I wouldn't be so alone..." FUCK!!! Who WRITES shit like that? Who SAYS shit like that? AAAARGH...
Anyway, you don't have to say you liked it just because it's supposed to be good. And you don't have to say you liked it just because it's 'dramatic'. This film is a lump of shit, the likes of which haven't been seen on such a scale since 'August Rush'.

Feb 27 - 03:17 PM

Rebecca of Rohan

Rebecca S.

WORSE THAN JAKE LLOYD? You liar!

Jul 6 - 03:58 PM

Diego Tutweiller

You're a really annoying person. You haven't even bothered countering my points.

Jul 13 - 10:58 AM

Rebecca of Rohan

Rebecca S.

Look, somebody who speaks English.

Jul 6 - 03:58 PM

Jay Lee

Jay Lee

Worst movie ever made? Have you ever watched Gigli? haha

Jan 5 - 01:04 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

or Disaster Movie?

Jan 5 - 02:14 PM

Jonathan Mcfest

Jonathan Mcfest

Or Labyrinth?

Jan 17 - 01:28 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Labrynth? You fucktard

Apr 10 - 07:46 PM

Aaron Hughes

Aaron Hughes

or Jaws 4?

Aug 19 - 01:46 AM

hadisyd

Mike Richards

Or Spy Kids 3?

Jan 27 - 04:42 AM

Gary Devenport

Gary Devenport

Or anything directed by Michael Bay?

Feb 21 - 07:22 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Wow... actually, I've never seen any of those.

Apr 1 - 05:29 PM

Rebecca of Rohan

Rebecca S.

Or The Lightning Thief?

Jul 6 - 03:59 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Never saw it. Again, I hated this movie for its unnecessary 3-D shots and horrible story, not because it lacked explosions. Seriously... you're fucking annoying.

Jul 13 - 10:59 AM

Lifinia Sastrodikromo

Lifinia Sastrodikromo

I waited for the thinkable story to happen before I realised that it was telling a whole different story, but certainly not the worst movie ever made either.

Jan 1 - 08:37 PM

Lifinia Sastrodikromo

Lifinia Sastrodikromo

I waited for the thinkable to happen before I realised that it was telling a whole different story, but certainly not the worst movie ever made either.

Jan 1 - 08:34 PM

Marta Richards

Marta Richards

I got through half of it, then got bored. It seemed to take off in a direction that didn't fit with the beginning. I might go back to see what happened but it was dark and disjointed and I didn't like the main characters, so that makes it hard to enjoy.

Dec 23 - 04:24 PM

Vivi Peter

Vivi Peter

before we get into potentially pointless debate, how about some real reasoning behind those statements?

Dec 21 - 11:17 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Of course, good sir: Here's my biggest problem with this movie-- It makes a big deal of talking about how if he 'unlocks the secret' to the machine his father built, it'll tell him some secrets. So all through the movie, the audience thinks that the dad was murdered, seeing as he died under suspicious circumstances. But NO! That WHOLE plot point just petered out and died halfway through the movie. Plus, why was the old guy so sad about his movie career? HE'S THE ONE WHO BURNED THE FILMS!!! There were no villains in this story, except Sacha Baron Cohen, and he's too funny to hate. Also, the kid actor was TREMENDOUSLY underqualified to work in a Martin Scorsese picture. All around, a pointless, boring, and mind-bogglingly badly written mess of a movie that eventually eats itself.

Dec 23 - 10:01 PM

Matt Bergin

Matt Bergin

Maybe it was just a little over your head. Next time just stick to watching movies like The Expendables or one of those shitty Wayans Brothers Scary movies

Dec 28 - 07:22 PM

Diego Tutweiller

WOW... so, Scary Movie... I never saw that. And The Expendables was utter crap. This film lacked any substance whatsoever.

Dec 31 - 12:46 PM

Rebecca of Rohan

Rebecca S.

^

Jul 6 - 04:01 PM

Seb M

Seb Moore

anyone who has The Dude as their profile picture knows what they're talking about. shut up, Matt. i hate it when people say shit like that. at least he's being honest. im sure you just nod your head with the critics, whether you like the movie or not, because you're too much of a chicken shit to stand in the minority with your honest opinion.

Feb 16 - 07:08 AM

Diego Tutweiller

^^^ Listen to this man. He speaks the truth.

Feb 27 - 03:18 PM

Rebecca of Rohan

Rebecca S.

Nobody but you thought Hugo's dad was murdered. I knew right away that it was a fire. And bad guys are not required to make a good movie.

Jul 6 - 04:01 PM

Diego Tutweiller

They really kinda are. Heroes have to have an obstacle. Otherwise, the movie is a waste of time.

Jul 13 - 10:59 AM

Zachary Perlmutter

Zachary Perlmutter

By that logic, Kiki's Delivery Service is an awful movie too (just to use it as an example, as it has no villain either.)

Not to say that you can't hate the movie, but obstacles can come from other places than an antagonist...

Oct 12 - 07:29 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile