RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Oscar-winner Hugo Hits Shelves

Summary

Perhaps it's because the Oscars were last night, or perhaps it's just because it's a slow week for DVD releases, but there isn't a whole lot going on in the world of home video this week. The biggest news we have is that Martin Scorsese's latest, a family film and loving tribute to the cinema, is available tomorrow, after having taken home five statues last night. After that, we've got a spy spoof sequel, a failed bromance (of sorts), a critically acclaimed Mexican drama, and a new Criterion edition of a Louis Malle film. See below for the full list! Back to Article

Comments

This comment has been removed.

RT-Ryan

RT-Ryan .

Good point about the extras on Hugo. I've included a bit at the end of the writeup covering those. In a nutshell, you'll get a few neat tidbits, but they'll probably just whet your appetite for more.

Feb 27 - 06:19 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

"Hugo" is a great film, but I'll need to know the extras. I may wait for a more deluxe edition before I buy it, but I could definitely watch it several more times until then. I'll also want to see "Vanya" again, and the interview bonus should be very interesting. I've heard some great things about "Miss Bala". And "I Melt With You" looks like a guilty pleasure to watch the actors wallow a bit.

Feb 27 - 06:16 PM

RT-Ryan

RT-Ryan .

Good point about Hugo's bonus features. I included a bit at the end of the writeup to cover those. In a nutshell, you'll get a few neat shorts, but they'll probably just leave you wanting more.

Feb 27 - 06:21 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

I would definitely like to see those features (especially about the automaton and Melies), but I may just rent it for those. Thanks for the info.

Feb 27 - 06:53 PM

sunsaz

Chris Moore

Definitely getting Hugo tomorrow, provided I can get to Best Buy before all the copies are gone. Now that Scorsese *drinks* got his redemption for that movie last night, I have a feeling that everyone who turned a blind eye to it in theaters will be wanting to see it now.

Feb 27 - 06:17 PM

jessica S.

jessica Smith

++++++My friends told me about---casualchats.com---. They told me it is the best place to seek casual fun and short-term relationship. I have tried. It is fantastic! Tens of thousands pretty girls and handsome guys are active there. You wanna get laid tonight? Come in and give it a shot, you will find someone you like there. Have fun!:D

Mar 3 - 06:30 AM

RT-Ryan

RT-Ryan .

Feb 27 - 06:19 PM

RT-Ryan

RT-Ryan .

Feb 27 - 06:21 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Feb 27 - 06:53 PM

Ariel Ramírez Millán

Ariel Ramírez Millán

Hugo, because Johnny English is mmm...Miss Bala is awful and I dont watch the others.

Feb 27 - 06:49 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Feb 27 - 06:53 PM

bigbrother

Bigbrother .

What about Justice League: Doom? Odd that it's not on here. I comes out this week on BR/DVD right? I'll be picking up Hugo for sure, but that's probably it because I'm in the midst of a move and have to keep my travel kit light.

Feb 27 - 07:25 PM

Sarfaraz Abbasi

Sarfaraz Abbasi

Hugo, overrated and over-hyped

Feb 28 - 04:25 AM

JC Martel

JC Martel

Very true.

Feb 29 - 12:39 PM

Hortense M.

Hortense McGillicuddy

You can both get over yourselves. "Hugo" is a brilliant film from a master filmmaker who is not only passionate about HIS craft, but the efforts of those who preceded him. Asa Butterfield, Ben Kingsley and Sacha Baron Cohen virtually own the screen whenever they're on camera. The sets are unbelievable realistic, and the overall production is stellar. The Blu-ray release is everything a great disc should be. Both the film and disc get ***** from me!

Jul 9 - 05:11 AM

Danny Alex

Danny Alex

Who cares the bonus, I just wanna see this movie

Feb 28 - 04:29 AM

Phillip K.

Phillip Kissell

Yeah baby! Hugo all the way.

Feb 28 - 05:31 AM

Movie Monster

Bentley Lyles

HUGO FTW! GOTTA RENT THAT!!!

Feb 28 - 07:18 AM

Riven Forest

Riven Forest

Can't wait to watch Hugo again in 3D on my TV, the 3D effect on the TV is better than its in the theatre so this should be great.

Feb 28 - 03:59 PM

Sean D.

Sean D

Already went out and got 'Hugo.' I thought it was great. It was great to see Scorcese successfully take on a different genre. It defintely deserved the five Oscars it won (although I thought 'Tree of Life' was a lock for cinematography ...nonetheless, not disappointed that 'Hugo' won it).

Feb 28 - 04:57 PM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Check out Boardwalk Empire

Historical TV Shows
Historical TV Shows

40 TV depictions of past eras

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer