Hunger

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Hunger Reviews

Lindsey B.
April 3, 2014
Not the horror movie of the year, but I loved it because it kept me interested due to the psychological factor. You begin to think, what would you do?
March 10, 2014
want to watch this but how????
January 16, 2014
An implausible situation partially hampers this horror movie. Not that it couldn't happen, I just find the odds of it being highly unlikely. Still the group dynamics aspect seemed to be spot on, the blood content is pretty high, and the tension level is suitable. No real twists here though. It plays out pretty much like you expect, however the end might surprise some.
Sylvester K

September 6, 2013
Hunger is not bad, it does live up to its title and made me hungry. 5 people trapped down in a cave and are forced to have nothing to eat for 30 days by a sadistic psychologist. When I say nothing to eat, I didn't include each other so the experiment is a test to see who has the strongest willpower. I liked the script, even though it's a low budget film, it played out quite well, there was a detailed background story for each character. The acting was surprisingly good, it didn't really have a low budget feeling to it. My only problem was that the running time was too long, there were a lot of unnecessary shots that could have been removed to make the film flow nicely. The ending was surprisingly good, somewhat an alternative version of the hole. Hunger is an underrated little gem.
August 10, 2013
After reading dozens of reviews on here, im left pondering why? For me, the movie was a painfully slow experience to a 5 minute rather predictable climax. I watched all of that, for only this little? And it didnt help that the human psychology in the characters were rather weak too. Eh... Forgettable flick.
July 25, 2013
Wannabe Gruesome, but on the whole rather boring--Not worthwhile & supremely flawed!!
July 6, 2013
Interesting mix of Survivor, Big Brother and Captivity. Decent low-budget horror about five people trapped underground by a maniac studying cannibalism.
July 1, 2013
Primitive survival instinct kick into full effect when confronted with a terrifying situation. Although we've seen this scenario before Hunger brings a more traditional barbaric approach to survival of the fittest. Kept my attention from start to finish. C+
June 14, 2013
A genre film unable to live up to it's limited potential, Hunger chronicles a mad-man's crazed psychology experiment. The acting is better than you'd expect for a film like this, but the script is just boring. Other reviews compare this film to Saw, a connection that I can see but don't endorse, and claim that this movie is high in violence and gore. To those people I ask "what movies are you watching?" For a film of this nature, there is almost no true gore present here. However, the main problem with this film is the complete lack of a true antagonist. The insane mute watching the experiment is laughable. I did enjoy the score, which was innovative and unusually suspenseful at times. Bottom line, I guess it's worth watching if you're super bored and dig indie horror flicks. It did keep my attention, but that's about all it has going for it.
June 1, 2013
Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Then again, it wasn't good enough for me to recommend it. Had what it took to keep me watching but not enough to sway me. If you have nothing else to watch and stumble upon it on Netflix, then why not, but don't pay for it.
February 17, 2013
Wasn't a whole lot to this story to balance out the gore. Could have used more character development.
February 4, 2013
Another independent film it was alright quite bloody at times when it descends into cannibalism. Nothing you haven't seen before
September 16, 2012
Voi hyvanen aika miten huono tama elokuva oli!
January 1, 2013
lame and very cliche same old tired sh*&!
December 24, 2012
Good film with bad morals.
December 15, 2012
meh. i liked it. makes you think. what would you do?
Todd S

July 16, 2012
Fangoria Frightfest film number three is Hunger, which many people have compared to Saw. Yeah, this movie is Saw, if Saw had the people locked in an empty room, had no budget, and Jigsaw was a mute cannibal. Hunger is most defiantly a ten on the gross out scale, but besides that it has absolutely nothing going for it. Seldom have I seen a horror film that is as pointless or moves as slowly as Hunger did. The film is only one hundred minutes, but it felt as though I was watching it for days! The star of the film is veteran horror actress, Lori Huering, whose character is pretty well written, but is also unfortunately as dull as the rest of the cast. Most reviews for Hunger have been favorable and I can't understand that. Aside from the victims arguing with each other, there is hardly any dialogue. There is also zero character development, which is crucial in a film like this. If the audience doesn't give two shits about the victims or what happens to them, then what's the point? Hunger tries to shock you with it's level of gore, but more concerning is the lack of substance and the laziness of the film makers. Yes, the ripped off most of their ideas from Saw. Saw had a tremendous villain and a fascinating story that spawned six squeals, while this film is so lazy that after a month of isolation, the men's beards didn't even grow! Somehow, Hunger got to be part of a major horror festival, but it most defiantly represents the festivals lowest point.
November 20, 2012
This movie sucks...and Johnny Cage went out like a punk.