Hunt for the BTK Killer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hunt for the BTK Killer Reviews

½ March 4, 2014
Solid portrait of a famous serial killer which I probably liked more than I should given my fascination with the subject matter. It concerns touching darkness and being touched back, while also giving an enthralling cinematic portrayal of perhaps the least intelligent and/or menacing complete monster of a human being that's ever become an icon.
½ September 15, 2013
Thought this'd be much more exploitive, but the film was done fairly tastefully. The meat of the movie is the timeline of catching BTK. Robert Forrester is great as always. Gregg Henry gives a real effort of a performance that hits more often then it misses the mark severely. The weakest aspect of the film are the cuts throughout time periods with the actual murders in the 70s being done so weakly and mercifully that the horror of the crimes are completely lost and worst disrupt the good storyline going on in the 90s. Worth a gander if you're at all familiar with BTK, but far from a most-watch.
June 9, 2013
Very interesting case. based on a mid 70's serial murderer. The case drew a lot of attention in mid 2000 when he was finally caught. This is a great film and read after the film
May 30, 2013
Never heard of this before seems interestingly another nuts so movie about a crazy.
½ July 30, 2012
Dissapointing for a crime-solving thriller. Could have been way better with what they had to work with
June 14, 2012
Serial killers are supposed to be scary, especially true stories of serial killers, but I found myself literally yawning. This is a waste of time. I sincerely wish I could get my time back. Lots of lame dialogue, hardly any action, and just...bleh.
½ June 8, 2012
I think this was a made for TV film. But it's super scary, based on true events.
½ May 5, 2012
The true story was interesting, but the movie was not so well-made.
½ March 17, 2012
A greeaaaaat movie!

Lmao!
½ February 19, 2011
The true story was interesting, but the movie was not so well-made.
½ September 30, 2010
very linear even when it was presented in many a point of view
June 24, 2010
Mediocre enough film abouit the capture of the BTK serial killer. More like a recreation of events for tv than a movie its a little slow moving but informative.
½ May 26, 2009
nothing notable in the entire hour and a half or so
April 17, 2009
anyone who has actualy LIVED in Wichita will know what a crock of shit this movie is. Bascily, its just formulatic made-for-tv sensationalist tripe with cookie-cutter one-diminsional characters. For the love of god, HE KILLS A PUPPY! The film makes NO effort to genuinely understand either the case-solving process, or the psychologicy of the killer beyond "he's just a bad bad bad bad man!"
½ March 15, 2009
Like the concept, but the movie was only ok. It didn't keep my attention very well. I liked that it was based on a true story and know the story of BTK. Unless you're interested in the topic, you can probably do without it.
February 24, 2009
This made for tv movie is not worth watching. Poor acting, poor dialogue, the only good thing it had going for it was Gregg Henry, he shares a striking resemblance with the real killer. But that's not enough to give it half a star. I did not watch the whole thing, too tedious.
January 18, 2009
Great movie about the sick mind of the BTK Killer Rader, and how smoothly he fits into society kinda sick really!!
October 17, 2008
that guy was hella sick I can't believe he went 15 years without getting caught crazy..
½ August 27, 2008
OK movie about the serial killer that terrorized Witicha, KS. I find the documentaries about BTK much more interesting and informative.
½ June 1, 2008
Nothing is stranger than reality