I Always Wanted to Be a Gangster - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Always Wanted to Be a Gangster Reviews

½ July 30, 2008
This movie was so funny! A great French film and yeah...okay...I saw it at Sundance and it was definatly the best film I ever saw there (because I saw this one most recently. lol, jk) Anyway, great movie. I would definatly recomnd it to anyone.
November 26, 2009
more a drama than a typical French comedy...good interwined humorous story with good casts but it isnt that funny!!
½ July 30, 2008
July 4, 2008
A mi chemin entre les vieux films des années 20 et du comment rendre une scène du 21ème siècle rétro façon western. Ce film est un ovni mais vraiment rigolo :) ( à part un pasage un peu ennuyeux)
June 29, 2008
Un film particulièrement hilarant, à l'exception du chapitre 4 sur les 2 chanteurs (Bashung/Arno). L'humour est vraiment cocasse et les personnages bien dans leur rôle. ? voir au moins une fois !
June 16, 2008
Hilarious, who knew the French could be so funny? Beautifully shot and brimming with movie references.
June 16, 2008
Contains several genuinely funny moments (especially in the scenes with the kidnappers) but on the whole it is too slow and predictable to make an effective comedy. Also, a dozen film references don't amount to a film.
½ June 15, 2008