I Am A Sex Addict - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Am A Sex Addict Reviews

½ May 9, 2010
A fascinating watch as we see one man use film making as a kind of therapy. This has probably been done before, but never so openly. Zahedi is an honest and endearing man. His naivety translates well into both comedy and genuine emotion. The constant breaking of the forth wall and laying out facts about the film's production, as well as his story, make this sometimes jumbled, but always enjoyable. I got a real feel for Zahedi, but this film doesn't wallow in self pity or excuse his actions. It's low budget helps Zahedi create some wonderful little quirks.
½ September 27, 2008
It's like something between documentary & mockumentary with a Woody Allen-ish kind of humour, Sometimes annoying sometimes funny sometimes uninteresting , sometimes pretentious & sometimes interesting
½ October 26, 2007
Surprising good story. And it seems this is also and autobiographical endeavor. The director narrates, and tell you about his problems with women..and himself. Funny, and very telling.
March 5, 2007
Interested autobiographical documentary of a writer-director-recovering sex addict Caveh Zahedi in his past nasty and pervert life.
September 11, 2007
Weird film but entertaining and hilarious at times...
May 16, 2007
and me.........
September 11, 2006
This sometimes funny docu-drama is ok.
November 19, 2011
Despite a good bit of nudity, a clever concept, and the occasional chuckle, the only thing I really got out of this movie was something about the people we date being reflections of who we really are. Sadly, most of the time I watched this I felt bored. And seriously, what is up with the size of that guy's head?
April 21, 2009
I rented this movie not knowing what to expect. What I got was a really low budget story of a guy telling the story of his addiction to prostitution...and it is hilarious.
March 2, 2008
what a quirky man... the movie seemed ratehr jumbled but at same time I found myself wanting to know what happens next.
January 19, 2009
Caveh Zahedi wrote, directed, and starred in this autobiographical documentary style tale of a man's addictions with sex and prostitutes, and the way that effects his relationships with women. It examines how being bluntly honest about something like that, can often have a negative outcome. Rebecca Lord, of adult film fame, co stars as Caroline.
I enjoyed this movie, but i did think it sort of dragged a little. There were some funny moments throughout.
June 3, 2008
i am a sex adit i need help plez help me soon before i have sex again wich whould be proble now!!!!@!!!!!!
September 30, 2007
excellent. Very unorthodox. I totally understood his point, good guy movie, not sure about the females. I laughed a lot too.
½ June 12, 2007
The sex scenes in this "documentary" are so funny.

"Aaaaahh ahhhh yaahhh ahhh"

Man, anyone can be a "sex addict"... I'm glad he got over it...supposedly.
February 6, 2007
yes i admit, i was sex addict, but now with this great film,i have overcame my unbeleiveable willingness to screw anything...
½ October 24, 2006
Sex was meant for when your married not when your not married and not meant for the rest of the World to see. So if yoiur gonna have sex wait till your married my friend's. God Bless!
May 11, 2013
sometimes i was losing track..but it's one fine movie,you gonna enjoy the autobiographical tale,the scenes..and the great dare by the filmmaker to discuss all his fetishes and relationships in front of the camera :)
½ June 25, 2012
a story with such an original intimacy and narration. it is above normal cinema!
November 14, 2011
At many times I wanted to slap the director/actor/writer and tell him to get over himself because he ain't hot/intersting/talented but as a whole I found his candor admirable and his story mildly compelling.
April 2, 2011
I want the song I think its a cello or violin its like the only song playing slightly in the background through out the whole movie!