91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

I Am Because We Are Reviews

Noah N

October 18, 2013
'I Am Because We Are' (2008) is a spellbinding look at into the challenging lives of Malawi orphans. Despite its upsetting qualities, this is a documentary worth watching. It can possibly change the way you see our urbanized lifestyle.
Sarah P

April 8, 2010
Madonna attempts to bring attention to some horrible things happening in Malawi. I think it could have been more emotional to get people wrapped up to really take notice of what's going on.
June 5, 2008
It is a sad thing that most documentaries people see about different countries in Africa are those which emphasize the poverty and harsh realities of that particular country. This film was no exception to that, focusing on the HIV/AIDS prevalence of the country of Malawi, but it did however bring along with it a different face - hope.

Truly powerful and inspiring, this film brought me to tears. Though the devastating truths shown in this film are (sadly) normal occurrences, I love the message that we are all truly connected as one and that despite whatever hardships and trials we face, there is no law saying that we still cannot carry a smile on our faces and persevere through it all. The dichotomy and the paradox of seeing a seemingly hopeless scene yet so full of hope is to say the least moving and uplifting. This movie is tragic, yet undeniably beautiful and amazing.
Noah N

October 18, 2013
Carlton M Raines
December 31, 2012
This is a very worthy documentary, I think clearly for years Madonna has supported charities without banging the drum for her own purpose, here is no exception, its a real climps into Hiv