• Unrated, 1 hr. 34 min.

I Am Bruce Lee Reviews

September 17, 2014
the guy was amazing!
August 25, 2012
Totally speechless. It's easy to say Bruce Lee is a legend! But a lot went into that legacy!
July 12, 2013
Essentially a praising and reverential documentary about the legend, perfect for Bruce Lee fans and martial arts fans in general.
May 15, 2013
This is an enjoyable documentary that explores both the life of Bruce Lee and the devoted cult of fanboys, actors, athletes that worship him.
dan e.
May 10, 2013
Jason was born in South Detroit. When he turned thirteen, he took the midnight train going to his local Game X Change. He lived there for approximately a year. One day in the Game X Change bathroom, while he was staring at the smeared "Fly Poop on the Window Seal", he poked at his "Lamb Testicles" and knew it was time to masturbate. Fortunately for Jason, there was a Venus Fly Trap at the corner of the room. Jason thought to himself, "What if I can turn this 'Venus' Fly Trap, into a, 'Penus' Fly Trap? Then all of the pointless sex and orgies with my four year old sister would not have been so pointless!" Jason inserted his premature penis into the Venus Fly Trap, luckily it already had been erected as he watched a GamerTrilogy Video earlier on. Once the penis was inserted, the Venus Fly Trap snapped it right off, and Jason was never seen from again, until next time...
May 9, 2013
Compelling documentary tribute for Bruce Lee fans.
February 17, 2012
While not hugely informative for people unfamiliar with Lee, it's great to listen to the various individuals talk about how Lee influenced them. As a huge Lee fan, I was greatly entertained.
December 9, 2012
great movie, had me tearing up at the end. what a legacy
The Critic
December 2, 2012
Interesting without being compelling, this documentary about one of martial arts' most significant figures is indeed an affectionate portrait. It's captivating to hear the gracious Linda Lee Cadwell discuss her late husband with much love and pride; truly the most treasured of insights into one of pop culture's most recognisable figures.
August 19, 2012
Super documentaire, een must voor iedere Bruce Lee fan en wie is dat nu niet ?
Lateralisis
August 15, 2012
Good documentary about Bruce Lee...
August 9, 2012
great film and clears up some of the myths behind the great man must see film for bruce lee fans
July 23, 2012
An interesting take on Bruce Lee, primarily persisting on praise from the top of the Martial Art industry. Like Jeet Kune Do pioneer and close friend of Lee, Dan Insanto, wife Linda Lee Cadwell, daughter Shannon Lee, All-Star Kobe Bryant, Mickey Rourke and even Dana White, with the impressive, yet controversial accolade of UFC President. This is a very formal documentary and as such is filmed as a set of in studio interviews, these interviews spark interesting indirect conversing of ideas between featured stars and family of the main man. Along this clips and images are cut to mid-speech and are nicely integrated. Some issues persist however, from a political aspect this film has, with few exceptions been controlled and produced by Lee's family. But it is debatable whether or not they tampered with footage or would in fact do that. In film they at least come across as humble and the other side of the equation is touched on. From a historical standpoint this is more of a celebration of Bruce from a work etiquette and focuses on origins and his combat in relation to his films and cultural impact. So his art of Jeet Kune Do is only touched on in the lines of film and relation to MMA and Kajukenbo. The film is nicely directed and picks out the essentials, Bruce Lee veterans will likely have been there and done that with the information on display. And Martial Art fanatics like myself may long for a larger section covering his Jeet Kune Do like Legend of Bruce Lee. The acting in clips starring Bruce Lee is his signature playful yet detailed or as his friends would put it "Nuanced" performance. This is certainly a good part of the collection for any fan of wide cinema, showcasing the man that brought action sequences and physical coordination to the next level. Bruce Lee fans will like it, perhaps not quite relish in it, pop culture addicts will find it interesting, veterans will surely hold it in some regard in their collections and some perhaps even in their heart. A slightly typical and sometimes over bias regard on the legend, yet I have a level of trust for his family. A entertaining and warming 2012 recap and memorial to Bruce Lee, far from ambitious but one that once again keeps the fire, alive and burning in the public membrane and consciousness. Bravo!
August 6, 2012
9/10 For a documentary, it keeps you glued to your seat.Great work by director & team. So they say 'some men die young only to live forever.'
filmhipster.com
August 2, 2012
What began as an MMA commercial, 'I Am Bruce Lee' quickly changes its tune and thankfully pinpoints its message on the influence of a man that taught the world about the art of martial arts.
July 29, 2012
Espectacular. Muy completo y muy interesante la vida y obra del artista marcial mas grande de todos los tiempos. Super recomendado.
July 24, 2012
Awful documentary that teaches nothing of worth about the great bruce lee, mostly a propaganda piece for mma, badly directed & poorly executed...
July 19, 2012
Missed the chance to go to a screening of this a few weeks ago, but must see this ASAP!! Bruce lives on!!
January 17, 2012
An informative and fan pleasing documentary that has been done before with different accounts and the same content. But, Bruce Lee is a legend and this film makes a good enough effort to pay its respects.
April 13, 2012
"Empty your mind. Be formless. Like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup...You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or creep, or drip, or crash. Be water, my friend." Powerful words from the man, the myth, the master. This is one of the newest, hardest to find, and in my humble opinion, best documentaries about Bruce in existence. I was lucky enough to catch it on a special for Spike TV a few weeks ago (yes, that's right, Spike had something good on for a change). Bruce himself, family members, admirers, fellow martial artists, actors, and friends basically go through the history of his life, splicing together clips and archival footage. This tells you everything, and I do mean everything: from his childhood (child movie star, age 6); to the great argument of who fathered mixed martial arts; his tutelage under Ip Man (you should also check out those 2 movies with Donnie Yen, great stuff); his fight with Wong Jackman and how it led to the creation of Jeet Kune Do; his role in The Green Hornet, as well as his financial and racial troubles. I could go on and on, but I won't. Here's a fun fact: you prolly know about his 1 inch and 6 inch punches. Cool stuff. He could also do thumb push-ups. Let that sink in for awhile. THUMB PUSH-UPS haha. I probably liked this movie way more than I should have, but it was just perfect. I mean, I couldn't complain about it if I tried. I'll be honest, when they covered his death, I cried. And I don't do that. What can I say, he's my hero. I highly suggest this if you're a fan of his, a fan of martial arts, or even if you're not :]