Trailer Bulletin: Exclusive and Official I Am Legend Trailer!

Vampires get a taste of big Willie style.

Sure, we've had our post-apocalyptic movie this year (28 Weeks Later). And our annual vampire movie (30 Days of Night). But have you gotten both for the price of one ticket? Enter I am Legend, the post-apocalyptic vampire action thriller starring Will Smith. The film opens December 17 and Rotten Tomatoes has your official exclusive trailer right here.

Smith stars as Robert Neville, the apparently lone survivor of a virus that decimated the planet in 2012. But rising from humanity's ashes is a breed of vampires, sensitive to light and out for Neville's blood. Though adapted from the popular (legendary, even!) novel of the same name by Richard Matheson, the general public is probably just as aware of the story from its 1971 incarnation, The Omega Man with Charlton Heston. But starting with its title and judging from the trailer, I am Legend appears so far to be a much more faithful adaptation, albeit with more action scenes to keep the audience adrenalin going. Also, as you watch the trailer, check out the scene that shows how much gas is going to cost in 2012. Oh, the humanity!

I am Legend will hit theaters everywhere December 14th. Click here for the official exclusive trailer!

Comments

Jen Yamato

Jen Yamato

I hope his puppy makes it!

Oct 23 - 09:27 PM

reavus4983

Mike Saxton

Not what I imagined the monsters/vampires to be like and doesn't look super close to Matheson's book, but will probably still be entertaining because Will Smith is in it if nothing else. In the book, didn't the virus change them more into vampires than whatever these look like?

Oct 23 - 09:36 PM

EmmG389

First Last

Wow. I am impressed. Even though I just read the book, I thought it would make an interesting movie (haven't seen the other remakes). Although it really isn't much like I imagined except for a few things, this is the complete i don't want to say "dumbed down" (there's another word) hollywood version (how about "adjusted for modern times"). I understand that copying the book word for word isn't really movie material and why would you see it anyways if you were expecting it to be the same, movies cannot capture the full mind **** that Neville went through. It still looks really entertaining and intense aside from the book.

Oct 23 - 09:40 PM

EmmG389

First Last

***SPOILER***

Yeah, it did change them into a vampire type monster, which you find out was purely psychological. And yes that is a german shepard instead of a puppy. Still it looks entertaining.

***SPOILER***

Oct 23 - 09:47 PM

witherwings

Jamie Lynn

Never read the book. If he's the last human, how is he the last hope? There is no hope. The race is dead... unless he can make an anti-virus...

Oct 23 - 10:30 PM

Young Turk

Joe Massino

If the movie is anything like the book all of that stuff will be explained. I really really want this to be good, I am praying this is a good movie because the book was AWESOME!

Oct 24 - 01:25 AM

The Red Devil

Zach Simonson

This looks sweet. Here's hoping it delivers...

Oct 23 - 10:50 PM

Bardego

Robert Hamer

Funny you should say that, witherwings.

Oct 23 - 11:11 PM

NicMac

Nic Mac

woop woop woop! this looks tasty

Oct 23 - 11:25 PM

VivaMatheson

Joaquín Vergara

I love Matheson's book. I think it's really awesome. I saw this trailer a few minutes ago, and i'm quite happy, because it's looks really good

Oct 24 - 12:21 AM

Segkee

Lochhead Seth

Not exclusive. Saw it on /film and THE MOVIE BLOG this morn.

Oct 24 - 12:38 AM

Jen Yamato

Jen Yamato

Actually, Segkee, it is a FIM Exclusive trailer -- the trailer going around earlier on /Film, etc. was a leaked international trailer that is different than this one, which we've been planning for a while. So you're lucky enough to have seen two IAL trailers today, though this one is the OFFICIAL trailer.

Oct 24 - 01:05 AM

Jen Yamato

Jen Yamato

Oct 24 - 01:05 AM

Young Turk

Joe Massino

Oct 24 - 01:25 AM

Typhoon20

Tyrone Jackson

Wow, the 2nd trailer, official one was awesome.
I see the dog dies, that was a pretty emotional moment, and seems like he totally flips after that and the last shot gives a hint that he's going to die, as LEGEND.
Those shots pretty much boosted my excitement because they are going to try to keep this as close as possible to the book.

Though I see they still haven't finished up the CGI, they still have 2 months to fix that.
I remember watching the KING KONG trailer in 2005, the CGI for kong looked horrible, but in the movie it looked beautiful.

Oct 24 - 04:06 AM

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

We actually had another post-apocalyptic movie with Resident Evil III. I'm looking forward to this one. Haven't read the book, but I generally like post-apocalypse movies.

Oct 24 - 05:31 AM

Shatter24

Jeremiah Rancourt

Should be good, I'm looking forward to it. Will Smith and sci-fi is pretty bankable.

Oct 24 - 06:54 AM

JUDGE DREDD

idle one kenobi

Looking forward to this now, where before i didnt care. Trailer looks decent. Hope the batman clips at the beginning dont ruin the Dark Knight surprise though. Is nothing sacred anymore? Hopefully, what ever that Batman footage shows will be at least on the DVD!

Oct 24 - 07:59 AM

dragoneye

eric petty

Alex Vo,

Do you know what the word 'decimated' means? It means to destroy by 10%. I hate it when reviewers use this word as if it means 'totally and completely annihilated'. 10%, that's all.

So according to your review, did all of humanity in I am Legend get annihilated by 10% or what?

In Mathesons's novel, all of humanity, in its entirety, was wiped out leaving only Robert Neville.

Dragoneye

Oct 24 - 08:26 AM

Hiro Protagonist

Drew Fields

The word 'decimate' CAME from the Latin for 'to kill every 10th', but in common English usage it simply means to destroy a large percentage of something.

Can we play etymologist somewhere else please?

Oct 24 - 08:56 AM

Alex Vo

Alex Vo

So what's life like in the 18th century?

Oct 24 - 09:01 AM

frunced

Felipe Reyes

Actually,

Since the literal practice of decimation does not exist anymore, the new meaning is now the right meaning. The original meaning, like its latin root, "decimare", have become archaic.

There are hundreds of words that go through this sort of semantic change. Holocaust, for instance, used to mean "a religious sacrificial offering burnt in a ritual until there were no remains". It literally means "everything burnt", but now it means, you know, the other thing.

Oct 25 - 12:03 PM

hard8

Jake McClure

deca... 10... we get it. it's a movie preview. You can put your phd away.
Either that, or go cure AIDS or something.

Oct 27 - 06:54 PM

insanereality

Albert Nadjarian

Holy shi*. I can't wait.

Oct 24 - 08:27 AM

NoneMoreBlack

Dylan Miller

This looks a hell of alot better than Resident Evil was, and I just plain LIKE Will Smith... I'll be there.

Seriously though, was that the music from The Fountain again?

Oct 24 - 08:29 AM

jasperoosterveld

Jasper Oosterveld

Looks good! :)

Oct 24 - 08:52 AM

Box Office Wrapup
Box Office Wrapup

Captain America Triumphs Again

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

<em>If I Stay</em>