• PG-13, 2 hr. 12 min.

100% Hannibal: Season 2
96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

I Am Sam Reviews

April 10, 2014
I Am Sam might be one of the most pretentious, manipulative, and insultingly simple films of the 21st century.
March 30, 2014
A special film that spreads the good vibes of kindness.
January 20, 2013
Sean está de Óscar; lástima que el lado emocional del filme a nivel narrativo no esté tan a la altura. Pero como no búsqueda de buen cine, la recomiendo a una amplia mayoría.
March 13, 2014
I saw this movie in a Ethics class when I was around 13 years old and thought it was a very deep and moving film that generated a debate among my class mate which is always good.
March 3, 2014
a cute, sweet, and adorable film of a man trying to prove that despite his disability and shortcomings he can indeed care for his little girl despite the naysayers who believe that he will fail
February 22, 2014
how can i watch this movie ?
September 8, 2012
34%?!, are you kidding me? The critics are wrong on this one. This film succeeds at being an effective drama that has heartwarming and emotional moments in it. Sean Penn gives a fantastic performance here and he deserved to be nominated for this. Dakota Fanning and Michelle Pfeiffer also did great as well and they put in emotion in their performances just like Sean Penn did with his. I thought the film was well written and had good dialogue between the conversations going on in the movie. I thought the movie had a good messages to tell and they fit well with the film. I wish the critics could give better reasons on why they don't like the movie because in my opinion I don't think they explain their reasons well enough and I don't really like the consensus because it is hard to understand. The only issues I had with the movie is that the way they shot it could have been improved upon because there were times when the camera would be zooming in and moving around too much and there was a scene where there were too many quick cuts and it wasn't necessary at all and in my opinion the key to film a fantastic drama is to just film it right and know what you are doing. Overall, this ends up being a film that is worth seeing at least once a year if you are in the mood to see a tear-jerker.
lolwhut
February 16, 2014
39%
Sean Penn: "Look guys, I played a mentally ill person! Give me my Oscar, please?"
But to be fair, he's good in it.
December 30, 2008
I watched this movie for the first time not to long ago. I then bought the movie the very next day, and watched it again.
January 4, 2014
It may just be overly sappy, but Sean Penn is phenomenal and does a job that many couldn't do any better then what he delivers.
filmlover1994
December 27, 2013
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kasne.
December 12, 2013
Extremely touching! Sean Penn is extra ordinary!
November 28, 2013
Sean Penn, you have changed.
November 17, 2013
There were times when the autistic lead displays more clarity in thought than the irrelevantly dragged plot..
December 11, 2010
"All you need is love."

Sean Penn's best performance, the Beatles, and a emotionally driven topic come together for one of the most touching movies ever made.

I rated this 5 stars a long time ago and I wondered why. I went and watched it again and dang... You will ball your eyes out. The movie sadly wasn't filmed or directed the best but it grabbed my heart like it grabbed many others. My little has autism which already drew me close to the topic and I can truly say Sean Penn depicted it flawlessly.
February 25, 2013
...undeniably fun but this is nothing but a pretentious piece of cinema.
Kadeem S.
October 24, 2013
I still don't know why critics are hating this classic drama. I thought I Am Sam is one of Sean Penn's greatest movies and his performance is amazing. Nobody can't top that honor. If this movie have been nominated for an Oscar, then how come these jokers (that means Critics) starts to bash the movie in the first place? I mean, the film is not that bad. It features a great performance by Penn, a young Dakota Fanning, and Michelle Pfeiffer, the story looks heartbreaking and emotionally charming, I believe it's one of the best movies in the past decade.
October 22, 2013
"The customer's always right." Yes, and the customer thought this movie sucked.
John B

October 22, 2013
Something to warm the hearts of audiences but ultimately this feels contrived. Penn appears to be apeing rather than becoming mentally disabled. At its worst, it actually causes us to alienate his character and hope that he doesn't end up with the kid after all.
September 7, 2013
Despite it's honest lead performances, it's plot it's not as compelling as them.