I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry Reviews

August 4, 2007
Hilarious comedy about two bestfriends who get married to benefit from the work pension fund after one friend was widowed. It's funny from start to finish. Great cameos from lots of well known actors. Highly recommended.
August 8, 2007
Not as funny as I thought it could be, I love Kevin James ('The King of Queens' rocks) but this just isn't up there. Really wanted to love it but just found myself struggling to smile, as for Adam Sandler..his character is just the same as every other comedy character he plays, getting rather dull now methinks.

The story is kinda cool, two men pretending to be gay is always a show stopper haha and there are some good moments like Sandler slapping James' face and James pretending to love it, but nothing special. Just the usual, predictable lines and ending really, stick with 'King of Queens' and some of Sandlers earlier films where his everyman portrayal is at its original best.
½ January 22, 2011
Audiences love when a fat fireman marries a skinny fireman due to money problems. Now who thought that was a good idea?
½ December 31, 2011
I Know Pronounce You Chuck and Larry is one of the worst comedies I have seen in quite some. Starring Adam Sandler and Kevin James, this film is a missed opportunity to do something good. However the film has limitations, including a very bad script. Adam Sandler is no longer funny, and Kevin James is a very poor actor and comedian. I've never laughed at his stuff, and I find painful to watch. I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry is a poor comedy that suffers from a bad script, bad comic gags, although some parts made me smile, it wasn't enough to save this film from being a horrible waste of time. This might have been a good flick if it wasn't for the people involved, but the thing is almost anything produced by Happy Madison Productions will suck. In this case the few actually comic bits are decent, but miss the mark altogether because the jokes don't hold up well after a few viewings. So in the end, this film awfully bad, and not worth your time. Watching paint dry is more amusing than watching this film. This is a poor film that has nothing to offer. The film is horrible, and it really has strained comedic elements to make this an annoying, insulting comedy. I hated the film, and overall it was a pointless waste of time. I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry is an uninspired comedy that isn't worth seeing. Avoid it if you have a chance.
June 24, 2011
Adam Sandler is back at his best, although the ending was predictable you couldn't help but laugh at the hilarious amount of scenes this film has. A must see!
April 19, 2011
This was kinda bad. It was pretty dumb but had funny parts. Adam Sandler are Kevin James are just funny at any time. The rest of the movie just kinda sucked.
Clintus M.
½ March 30, 2011
This movie tries to convey a message of tolerance and acceptance, following Adam Sandler's character's conversion from homophobic to defender. It gets a little too outrageous and gratuitous from time to time, but that's what I've come to expect from Happy Madison productions. There's obvious chemistry between Sandler and Kevin James, maybe the best actor here although Ving Rhames practically steals the whole thing. Rob Schneider is especially stereotypical as the Asian minister, and Richard Chamberlein and Dan Akroyd appear but are wasted. As for Jessica Biel, she's acceptable in her role. It may be juvenile and sexist, but if you're a guy, her underwear scene alone makes the movie worth your time. I'm sure that's just what Sandler was going for.

The whole premise and legal argument is ridiculous and stupid. This movie tries to offend everyone with stereotypes yet manages to actually be funny. Take or leave the message, this isn't Shakespeare, its an Adam Sandler movie for crying out loud.
July 23, 2010
a couple funny parts, it was okay but not great. C
September 4, 2007
its an entertainng enough movie, thats funny in places, but i found the sotry and whole idea of the movie just silly and boring in places!
its not the best movie in the world but i guess its not the worst movie in the world either!!
watch it if you like adam sandler other wise dont bother!!
January 17, 2010
I think this movie does as much harm as it does good. While I think it was nice that Adam Sandler tried to make a gay-themed movie, it just fed into the same horrible stereotypes that have been paraded around for decades. It's almost hard to watch because it's such a horrible representation. What I think is really wrong is that this was seen as a good representation, just horrible.
½ January 13, 2010
This movie was very enjoyable! Not the best work from either kevin James or Adam Sandler, but it sure is very funny!
December 24, 2007
A pretty funny comedy as 2 New York firemen pretend to be gay for pension benefits. It has a strong cast and some quite funny scenes. One of the better more recent comedies made and starring the beautiful Jessica Biel!
½ March 11, 2008
Lays on the "Christians Hate Gays" fallacy a little thick, but manages to avoid being a complete waste of time. Jessica Biel has never looked hotter.
½ June 29, 2007
Kevin James and Adam Sandler make a good comic duo. The movie follows the typical formula, but it's funny enough to be forgiven. While it's about a pair of rather douchey dudes ripping off the system (good reason or no), the undercurrent is really a heartwarming message of tolerance and acceptance.
July 21, 2007
oo oo, GIRLS DAY! lol laughed soo hard at that part.!
December 8, 2008
A film that tries to address a serious issue but mostly comes off as offensive in its immaturity. Sandler manages to tone it down and take a back seat to Kevin James who gives a fairly decent performance but is held back by a script that fails to transcend mediocirty. The humour is also far too basic, with the acting gay jokes becoming old before they've started. Finally it manages to have some kind of positive message but again it is childish and heavy handed. Buscemi, Rhames and Aykroyd are all wasted and have about one funny moment each. They could have summed this up in 5 seconds with the line "It's OK to be gay".
June 27, 2007
I did find Adam Sandler a little hard to believe as a playboy type character, but the accent and the attitude was a refreshing change for him.

The film was watchable, but I have to say not particularly funny.
½ July 24, 2007
Adam Sandler and Kevin James star as Chuck Levine and Larry Valentine respectively, A couple of firefighters who have to hatch a hair-brained scheme and act like a gay couple in order to get Larry domestic partner benefits. I'm not surprised in the least that GLAD gave this film their seal of approval, as apart from some rather lame half-hearted soft jabs at homosexuals, the film does promote an extremely gay friendly message. Which in and of itself wouldn't be an entirely bad thing IF the actual jokes in this alleged comedy actually worked. Which they certainly don't often relying on jokes so stale that one could practically taste the mold on them. It's also one of those films that rely on a copious amount of uninspired cameos that feel shoehorned in the the story. PS: Poor Jessica Biel as Chuck's secret love interest has never been in a good film, and this one doesn't do anything to dispel the rumor that she could possibly be anything more than merely eye candy for hormonal adolescents and horny middle-aged men.
September 23, 2008
I usually don't like Adam Sandler films, cuz his films are really dumb and mostly unfunny. This film had it's moments, went sooo crazy at times, but in the end it's totally predictable and very offensive to pretty much everything.

Two straight firefighters try to fuck the system by marrying each other? Funny story? Hell no, but the supporting actors like Steve Buscemi and Ving Rhames are the ones that make this film worth a look.

The film is not a total disaster, made me laugh out loud a couple of times. But be warned, if you're easily offended.