I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998)
Average Rating: 3.4/10
Reviews Counted: 56
Fresh: 4 | Rotten: 52
Average Rating: 3.8/10
Critic Reviews: 13
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 11
Average Rating: 2.6/5
User Ratings: 350,963
I Know What You Did Last Summer was one of the two teenaged horror movies responsible for bringing the horror genre into the 90's (the other being Wes Craven's Scream). Both of those films came from the pen of screenwriter Kevin Williamson, and both of them generated sequels. I Still Know What You Did Last Summer is the continuation of Julie James (Jennifer Love Hewitt), a tortured college co-ed who accidentally almost killed a man and left him for dead one night. One year later, that man, named
Nov 13, 1998 Wide
Aug 7, 2001
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Watch It Now
This followup to last year's successful teens-in-jeopardy opus piles on the chills, thrills and body count.
Our enjoyment is supposed to lie in making fun of the obvious red herrings, contrived opportunities to show cleavage, melodramatic dialogue, gullible characters, and inevitable to-be-continued ending.
Neither Trey Callaway, who wrote the script, nor Danny Cannon, who directed the sequel, bring any new ideas to the genre. Cut 'em some slack: That surely was their marching orders.
Completely wraps itself around the film's utter moronic plot elements and red herrings at every turn...
Needless to say, logic takes a holiday, just not in the Bahamas. [Blu-ray]
I have seen many stupid movies in my life. But [this] would still count among the stupidest, had I seen twice a many movies in half again as many genres.
There are some 'cool' slasher moments, if that's your thing, but if you stop to think about it for even a second the whole house of cards falls down in your lap.
Heartfelt thanks must go out ... to actor Jeffrey Combs, whose brief, amusing appearance is the only reason this loser doesn't get a zero-star rating.
The attractive youngsters run, scream, declare that this can't be happening and repeat as necessary.
The only thing terrifying about this clunker is the thought of having to sit through it.
A better-than-average slasher movie is that it understands exactly the sorts of cheap thrills its audience is looking for and delivers them with a minimum of distraction and a maximum of energy.
Audience Reviews for I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
- Julie James: We're all gonna die, his gonna kill us one by one!
- Tyrell: Who?
- Julie James: Ben Willis.
- Karla Wilson: Fuck that shit alright, Ben Willis is dead, you killed him remember?
- Julie James: They never found the body.
- Julie James: [Karla has just shown her a sun bed] Great, cancer in a box.
- Nancy: This island didn't have a murder rate until you people showed up!
- Julie James: [holding a large kitchen knife] What the hell are you doing in my closet?
- Karla Wilson: Dude, I thought you were outta town. Look, I just wanted to borrow your black skirt, but I'm not ready to die for it.
- Ray Bronson: Every guy in history who tried to pick up a girl did the good-friend thing first.
- Julie James: [after shooting the fisherman] Just...
- Julie James: [shoots him again] Fucking...
- Julie James: [shoots him again] DIE!
There are no discussion threads for I Still Know What You Did Last Summer yet.
Latest News on I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
July 7, 2005:Someone Still Continues to Know What You Did Several Summers Ago
The always reliable FilmJerk.com brings news that's bound to thrill all the horror fans out there,...