—— Hercules Jul 25

76% You're the Worst: Season 1

I Want Your Love Reviews

Carlos M

July 8, 2013
By expanding to full length his impressive (and deeply involving) short movie, Matthews displays once more his remarkable talent for showing graphic intimacy with so much passion and honesty - however, the film is also too diffuse and fragmented.
Alec B

August 23, 2013
Director Travis Matthews nails the communicative properties of sex (people say far more there than they do anywhere else) and the sort of vague emptiness that eats away at a person due to lack of artistic unfulfillable. That said, I do think the ending is without the kind of gravity Matthews was shooting for, but I still liked everything that came before it.
May 10, 2013
The actors, dialogue, and situations were amazingly realistic in their presentations and the film was well shot. The story and focus was a little lacking for me, but I enjoyed it. I'd love to see more films pushing the sexual content boundaries similar to the way this film has.
November 12, 2013
Bordering the line of being realistic and sexually indulgent, this intercourse-filled movie doesn't give too much insight it sets out to do. What makes this somewhat of a bummer is the fact that the least interesting part is the story of the lead, which just needed more depth other than an 'Oh-I'm-moving-away-in-my-thirties-to-find-out-what-I'm-truly-meant-to-do-with-my-life' crisis, but it does make a interesting view; at the same time it turns out to be a 71 minutes of non-event. Life goes on. It just does.
Alec B

August 23, 2013
July 1, 2013
The amount of interest you have in this film will depend on how much unsimulated gay sex and simulated Californian hipster chat you can take, but if you like both, then this film is a raw slice of life in which we are introduced to several likeable men, see some of their lives, and then leave them be.
Realistic, and I don't mean that as a euphemism.
May 15, 2013
It's pretty bad... and anyone else who thinks otherwise is just horny
April 1, 2013
Interesting shortish film about a man's evaluation of his life as he is about to move away from San Francisco.
The explicit sex scenes are used very well, but some seem a little overstayed.
The character study doesn't really have much arc and it would have been nice to see a longer piece.
Travis Matthews is clearly a talent and I am looking forward to his future work.