I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Will Follow You Into The Dark Reviews

March 15, 2015
A sad and sorrowful case of being misunderstood, and the credit is not given where it's due. How often does an indie film approach bold questions about life and death? Then about doubting faith in our human condition? Then about what darkness is waiting for us after that, (as dreaded by some) final breath before the bridge of goodbye, and then run down the haunted hotel halls from shadow demons that are claiming your soul? Audience members only see a failed lights-and-lasers show, only focused on the value of production and calling it a catastrophe of cinema. I only see a tender subject matter being disguised as a ghost story. C'MON PEOPLE!
March 1, 2015
As a romance it's cliche and mediocre but as a horror there are definitely some chilling elements and creepy ghost moments that are hard to get over when your alone at night.
July 2, 2014
This is a bit slow, a bit dark, and completely wrong for a film in the horror genre. Everything was working just fine as far as the story was concerned until they had to "kill" the female lead; everything went downhill at that point.
½ September 19, 2013
Want a thriller? Check.
Want some scares? Check.
Want some romance? Check.

Want a GREAT story-line? CHECK!

"I Will Follow You Into The Dark" breaks down the barriers of psychological thrillers, horror, mystery and romance genres of this day. Nothing is set in stone, yet all are executed seamlessly. If you're looking for a jump'n'scare rip-off, don't look here. This is an adventure.
March 15, 2015
March 1, 2015
The story is so lacking as a romance, but as a horror, it has those freaky moments that make you want to shut your eyes.
September 25, 2014
Cheesy dialogue, and tons of WTFs.
½ July 10, 2014
Like 97.3% of scary movies, this one started quite well but then descended into bollocks.
July 2, 2014
June 10, 2014
Very uneven. At times the dialogue is excruciating and at other times the tension is delightfully uncomfortable.
May 28, 2014
Well that sucked.Another Barton swing and miss in the horror genre.
½ May 7, 2014
this was kinda interesting
½ April 28, 2014
Untill the middle of the movie is ok, with some potencial, but after that (and the "missing one" part, without spoilers) is a total waste of time with a dumb ending. The actings are ok (especially Mischa Barton).
March 22, 2014
a slow paced horror film about faith
February 11, 2014
This technically wasn't terrible, but it felt like a really boring Insidious. A really, really boring Insidious.
½ February 9, 2014
A very slow film that really didn't make much of a ghost afterlife story.
½ February 5, 2014
Very promising first half, there are some genuinely good ideas and frightening sights/sounds here. Unfortunately, most of it gets trampled in the second half by a whole bunch of equally terrible ideas. That being said, I still think it has better intentions than 90% of the horror genre from the past decade. It tried something different and fell flat on it's face, but I applaud the valiant attempt to introduce substance and thought to a genre that's been desperately needing some. If they'd cut about 25 minutes of the nonsense and tweaked a few things here and there, this could have been brilliant.
½ December 25, 2013
A potential melodrama turns out to be a supernatural flick in the end.
½ December 13, 2012
It's been a long time since I enjoyed a movie. The characters in this are completely likeable and the actors play their parts well. Mischa Barton is amazing and so is the guy who plays her love interest, Adam. Successfully manages to be creepy in parts as well. I loved it.