NewsBits: Giannini to Return to "Bond"age; "Ice Age 3" is a Go

Sometimes there's some interesting, colorful or plain old geeky movie news that's also kinda ... skimpy. That's why I've come up with a very clever heading called "NewsBits." When you see that word, you know you'll be getting your regular daily allowance of RT Newsday goodness, only in smaller and somewhat skimpier form.

To test this new experiment out, we have two pieces of small-yet-interesting news:

According to Moviehole.net and CommanderBond.com, Italian actor Giancarlo Giannini will be returning for the 22nd Bond adventure. His character, Rene Mathis, will continue to be an ally to 007 ... although the actor sure didn't spill many more beans than that.

In completely unrelated news, Fox is almost certainly about to go ahead with a movie called "Ice Age 3." Or maybe they'll call it "Ice Age: Not Extinct Just Yet." Don't believe me? Check Moviehole again.

Comments

dagreenman18

Brian Lorenzo

the ice age ended. STOP MILKING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 31 - 12:51 PM

FireflyFan4evr

Steven Johnson

Ice age 2 ran that potential franchise into the ground faster than the second Transporter did for its series.

Jan 31 - 12:58 PM

CannibalPenguins

Jaja Jaja

Seriously do they expect another film to make as much as the first two did?
An Ice Age 3 would be a huge bomb..

Jan 31 - 01:47 PM

A Lapse In Reason

Nick Haskell

Wasn't Giancarlo Giannini's charecter a bad guy? I thought he was the one who betrayed Bond.

Jan 31 - 02:25 PM

Ciaranmv

Ciaran Vejby

Hmm. I was sure Mathis was guilty, that he was possibly conspiring with Vesper... maybe he'll be forced to betray former-baddie allies. Looking forward to it. "Ice Age 3"? Not so much.

Jan 31 - 03:48 PM

Thundaar

Paul Fairbrother

Ice Age 3 will make plenty of dough - it just won't be any good - sorta like Ice Age 2...

Jan 31 - 05:41 PM

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

Ice Age is actually an important movie to me. It was the first movie that my current boyfriend and I watched together and I've always enjoyed it. Ice Age 2 has forever ruined that special expirence that I had with Ice Age 1. Do we need to make a thrid one? Honestly, it's done enough damage.

Feb 1 - 07:59 PM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday