Critics Consensus: Ice Age: Continental Drift 3D Is Lukewarm
Plus, Salute and The Imposter are sharp documentaries.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- The Imposter, a doc about the mysterious return of a missing Texas teenager, is at 96 percent.
- Ballplayer: Pelotero, doc about the struggles of a pair of Dominican baseball prospects, is at 92 percent.
- The Greek import Alps, an absurdist dramedy about an organization that helps console grieving people by masquerading as their loved ones, is at 88 percent.
- Farewell, My Queen, starring Diane Kruger in a historical drama about the last days of Marie Antoinette, is at 85 percent.
- Easy Money, the pulpy tale of three interconnected men who venture into the Swedish criminal underworld, is at 84 percent.
- Trishna, starring Freida Pinto in a reimagining of Thomas Hardy's Tess of the D'Ubervilles set in India, is at 74 percent (check out our interview with director Michael Winterbottom here).
- Union Square, starring Mira Sorvino in a drama about two sisters who have an uneasy reunion, is at 62 percent.
- Red Lights, starring Robert De Niro and Sigourney Weaver in a psychological thriller about paranormal researchers who encounter a sinister psychic, is at 38 percent.
- Blind Revenge, starring Daryl Hannah in a thriller about a novelist whose caretaker harbors a dark secret, is at 15 percent.