Ice Castles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ice Castles Reviews

½ September 6, 2010
Another teen movie which was a pre-cursor to the 80s teen craze, this one is a drama, and an overly dramatic one at that. First of all, I don't care much for sports related movies anyway, but this combines a sports movie and a melodrama. It could have been a great movie if it had toned down the melodrama a bit, and added a bit of comedy. The romance is good, though.
movieguru12
February 1, 2010
½ May 5, 2010
Because I always believe in the underdog overcoming any and all obstacles, I liked it. : )
½ May 22, 2011
When I was 10 or 11 years old, I was obsessed with this movie. So much so that I had to have an ice skating birthday party. Which was when I found out I *don't* have a natural talent for ice skating.
December 4, 2011
A story that will inspire anyone to stop at nothing to reach their dreams! :) I love this movie!!! :) I can watch it over and over again! :) Robby Benson is soooo cute and so is Lynn Holly Johnson!!! :) I love Robby Benson. :) Love this so much! :) :) :)
½ January 16, 2012
Very good old fashioned movie about love and triumph over tragedy. Fairly good acting and a wonderful ending! Only quibble: Lexi's voice is so baby-ish and whiney!
½ January 13, 2008
I didn't know quite what to rate this...sometimes these 70's and 80's films are so dated it's hard to overlook their flaws. This was a very touching story once I got through the first half...the second half was good and I shed a few tears at the end...it killed me when she said "Here's for you Mom". And without Robby Benson I don't know if I would have liked it as much.
May 22, 2007
Robby Benson makes this movie special and his acting is so noteworthy. Wonderful story, beautiful music.
May 13, 2007
this is an amazing love story based on a true story. A very encouraging show that expresses no matter what happens..go on. Love the Theme song"PLease don't let this feeling end".
April 28, 2007
Please don't let this feeling end...Looking through the eyes of love. Ok, a little cheesey, skater goes blind..came out the year I was born.
½ March 10, 2007
Great movie! I can see why it was soo popular back then!! The theme song, Through The Eyes of Love, is sooo sweet! A must see movie for those who love ice skating movies!
March 7, 2007
At about the age of 12, this movie moved me so much. It's about living your dream, true determination against all odds and never giving up. Aside from that, it's a story of young love, family ties and how they all work together to accomplish miracles.
February 24, 2007
This movie runs the gambit of emotions and political statements. Everything from the problems of single parenting to the exploitation of young athletes. But, it is an outstanding film. Take tissue. You will need it.
October 31, 2006
It's sappy as Hell...but, God, if I dont find myslef watching it (I bought a copy recently!) and CRYING! Beautiful movie, even if it is a bit schmaltzy. Love the music in it too.
½ September 26, 2006
My name sake...Lynn-Holly...and mine is Holly-Lynn....woohoo..I cry everytime I watch this...and I love the song!!!
½ January 8, 2016
This was my favorite movie when I was 11 although I only saw it once until the rise of VHS in the mid 1980's. Now, almost 40 years later, my 11 year old loves it too. I'm always confused at the ending though. She does fabulous at the sectionals. No one knows she is still blind. Then comes the flowers. "We forgot about the flowers" they all say, and they look so sad. Did she get disqualified at sectionals because she fell over the flowers? Doesn't seem right. They took an otherwise uber happy ending and leave you wondering "Am I happy for her" or "Am I sad for her?".
August 24, 2015
I did like ice castles lynn holly johnsons performance of a figure skater who goes blind after performing a careless stunt but redeems herself in the end .
tom skerritt ,colleen dewhurst and rob benson also give good performances as well
½ June 26, 2014
What a generic candy ass movie.....Lynn Holly is beautiful but otherwise,a worthless bore.
½ June 14, 2010
Moving story, but the acting was terrible and the story itself had a foregone conclusion. Also the cinematography was lacking.
January 3, 2010
their are a few old movies that ya blow the dust off and re-watch to find that you enjoy it as much as you did years ago.. This girl had everything going for her till she falls and becomes blind losing all hope her faithfull boyfriend picks her up and makes her dance in the dark.. I cheerd with tears in my eyes at the end...