18% Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Identity Reviews

John M

March 20, 2007
This is how thriller should be, Good suspense, good story, nice twists!
Apeneck F

May 5, 2013
I got a kick outta this zen twisting on A.Christie's"Ten Little Indians" that kept me suspensefully engaged ... until the mandatory final twist that was lame-o. Nonetheless good stuff until then.
Raymond W

March 1, 2011
Identity is a film that will easily divide it's audiences. They will either be really confused, or really impressed. I was impressed, but that took two viewings to achieve. The first time I watched this film I was really confused and had no idea what was going on. It's a smart, trippy, and surprisingly involving. It's a good, not great film that deserves a chance.
Eric A

November 11, 2011
Great murder mystery film with an awesome plot. Would definitely recommend to anyone that likes the mystery/suspense/horror genres.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

October 9, 2011
Identity is one suspenseful psychological horror thriller. The plot is very well crafted, and is very interesting, intriguing and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Director James Mangold crafts an intense film that is equally scary and thrilling. Identity has a good plot with a good cast. This is a fine psychological horror film, that is quite different than most. The film is very effective at building up the tension. Identity works very well and is a very well crafted horror film with lots of chilling moments. The cast deliver good performances and the thrills and chills build up very well. Sure there are things that could've been done better, but for the most part, Identity works well enough to keep you in suspense. The film does have good pacing, and that's the key in delivering a good psychological horror scare. James Mangold takes his time to deliver the overall plot, and the viewer is left in the dark, and is required to keep on guessing till the very end. Identity is a smart psychological horror film with a good story and a good cast. The film has its flaws, but for the most part, the film works well enough for you to build fear and dread, and above all, it keeps you guessing till the end. After all, in this genre of horror, you never know what will happen next, and that's one of the reasons why psychological horror delivers a unique and horrifying viewing experience. Identity may not be a perfect film, but it sure delivers a good viewing experience.
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

April 28, 2009
Cast: John Cusack, Ray Liotta, Amanda Peet, John Hawkes, Alfred Molina, Clea DuVall, John C. McGinley, William Lee Scott, Jake Busey, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Rebecca De Mornay, Carmen Argenziano, Marshall Bell, Leila Kenzle, Matt Letscher, Bret Loehr

Director: James Mangold

Summary: Complete strangers stranded at a remote desert motel during a raging storm soon find themselves the target of a deranged murderer. As their numbers thin out, the travelers begin to turn on each other, as each tries to figure out who the killer is. John Cusack, Jake Busey, Rebecca De Mornay, Clea DuVall and Ray Liotta co-star in this spine-tingling thriller that culminates in a surprising twist for everyone concerned -- including the murderer.

My Thoughts: "What a twisted movie.. I was hooked from the begining to the very end.. I have never seen a thriller like this before so that made me love it even more.. I was shocked by the ending to find out who was the real killer in that crazy mans mind.. Never would have guessed who it was.. Its always good to put a good thriller in a cheap creepy Motel.. It's the best scenario.. But there were so many twists and turns, you never knew where it was taking you. The characters were great.. LOVED John Cusack.. He was awesome as always.. He brings it in every film.. Never a disappointment. Would definetly watch this movie again."
Emile T

January 1, 2008
Am I the only one who really hated and failed to believe all of these implausible twists? Twists, by the way, that makes any characters unworthy of the viewer's sympathy or interest. Even without the twists, the movie could hardly succeed at that.
Japes
Japes

October 24, 2010
I thought it was okay. Some of the characters were really annoying. Like the part with the girl who ran into the bathroom crying and screaming. Like cry a river, build a bridge and get over it.

The twist sucked too. Sure it was unexpected, but really? The *SPOILER* kid is the killer? Nobody could kill the kid before the kid killed them? Aren't they all grown adults? Geez. Talk about being weak.
Dean !

March 30, 2007
A very strange horror with a real twist of an ending!!
arashxak
arashxak

March 11, 2010
A flawed film & it's a bit more gimmickly than it shoud be but it's a well-made fun ride & I enjoyed every minute of it, It laso has a fine cast & the other thing I liked about The Identity was the fact that it doesn't try to fool the audience & only surprise us with a twist it gives us enough clues from the very first sequence
Al S

February 18, 2007
A totally engaging, riveting, chilling, original and unpridictable edge of your seat thriller. A smart, stunning, well-crafted and brilliant piece of mystery film making. It keeps your pulse pounding and your heart-racing all the way to its mind-blowing finish. A puzzel box of suspense in unbarreable doses. You'll wont belive what happens next. Pure ingenious with a great script and cast. John Cusack and Ray Liotta are at their best. A strong and exceptional cast with great performances. Thriller's dont get more explosively entertaining or truly spellbinding than this.
Conner R

November 19, 2009
A highly predictable film, but it is still fun to watch. The cast actually worked really well together and some of the plot is so bad that it's funny. The schizophrenic personality reveal at the end is the icing on the cake and makes you feel cheated out of a movie.
Anthony L

September 24, 2009
I kind of liked it up until the ridiculously stupid ending!
bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

June 3, 2009
I saw this I think at the movies when it came out, and maybe again on DVD. But after reviewing it again last night, I wonder if there is a alt ending, because I sure don't remember that twist. Its a awesome movie from start to finish. John Cusack, Ray Liotta, and Amanda Peet are at there best. Has some pretty creepy parts, really liked when the bodies disappeared. No less then 4 1/2 stars on this one.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

October 28, 2007
ooh i love this movie you never see the ending comng great twists and a great storyline worth a watch
LorenzoVonMatterhorn
LorenzoVonMatterhorn

March 18, 2009
"As I was going up the stair / I met a man who wasn't there. / He wasn't there again today / I wish, I wish he'd go away"

Stranded at a desolate Nevada motel during a nasty rainstorm, ten strangers become acquainted with each other when they realize that they're being killed off one by one.

REVIEW
Identity is far from perfect. At first glance it is a haven for Hollywood rejects and those at the end of their careers, but it also defies the typical ideals of Hollywood film making. This is not a horror, not a thriller, not a drama, not a crime or action film. Yet it has elements of all of these and creates a film that stands alone against the usual Hollywood fare.

It revolves around a group of people trapped in a cheap roadside motel synonymous with "Psycho" and other clones that have since failed to make the grade. Their lives intertwine before they meet and one by one they come to be in the place that many of them would breathe their last. For the most part, the plot then becomes typical slasher flick cinema and it would be easy to be complacent and think that this is the sum of "Identity" and decide that you have seen enough.

Then it takes a bizarre twist of fate and you are no longer sure just exactly what it is you are watching. All I can say is that in spite of the flaws, Identity evolves into one of the cleverest films of recent memory. Refreshing, intelligent stuff that would make it difficult to dislike and a must for anyone who likes to watch a film that is just a little different. Had this had a little more hype, a few clever marketing campaigns and it would go down as a cult classic for the early 21st century.
cosmo313
cosmo313

June 9, 2006
This is a highly entertaining psychological horror/suspense thriller lead by a great director, and acted by a wonderful ensemble cast. Not the best film ever, but still highly watchable and clever, and worth watching at least once.
middleeasternfilms
middleeasternfilms

May 17, 2008
A good cast, but this film only slightly kept me interested as it went along. I really thought it was Ray Liotta the whole time, killing people in this motel just like he has continually killed his career. Bang! Corrina, Corrina...John Cusack is dead. Bang! Operation Dumbo Drop...McGinley's gone. Ray...what happened?
familiar s

January 31, 2009
All I'll like to say about this movie is:
wtf???