On DVD:
    Jun 4, 2013
  • Universal Pictures

A "comedy" about identity theft.

Yeah, real funny.
Hipster Elitist Nyland
01-30-2013 01:27 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Robert Goldsworthy

Robert Goldsworthy

not as good as poultrygeist

Oct 22 - 04:01 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Saw, it was okay. A better tomatometer would be 60%

Jul 26 - 09:01 AM

Jason Graziano

Jason Graziano

People on this page are on crack. This movie was HILARIOUS and great. Unlike most movies in general, they get right to the point in the beginning, instead of taking 25 minutes to get there. I don't really feel like there was a down time the whole movie. The movie keeps surprising you, just when you think it's gonna go one place, it goes another. The ending surprises you. McCarthy and Bateman play off each other GREAT.

This was the best comedy I'd seen in a while, but, The Heat is even funnier.

Jul 23 - 12:57 PM

Michael Mora

Michael Mora

Man, this movie was really horrible.

Jul 8 - 09:01 PM

Jason Graziano

Jason Graziano

LMFAO it was. This movie was GREAT... Not the typical ending, kept you guessing the whole movie what was gonna happen next and the comedy was GREAT.. HILARIOUS.. DVD me

Jul 23 - 12:53 PM

John Sikora

John Sikora

No, identity theft is not too humorous. But then why do Americans rush to see the destruction of the US Capitol, the planet being attacked by ETs, in animation yet, vampires crawling all over the country, etc., etc., etc. That's healthy?

Jun 21 - 11:29 PM

Jason Graziano

Jason Graziano

LMFAO.. are you retarded?

Jul 23 - 12:53 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

For having an opinion?

Jul 26 - 09:00 AM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Why is he retarded?

Aug 7 - 08:20 AM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

http://www.listal.com/list/stupid-responses-found-rotten-tomatoes

This is hilarious lol

Jun 3 - 02:25 PM

John Tyler

John Tyler

I wonder if they're gonna make a comedy about pollution. And a comedy about terrorism.

Jun 2 - 07:46 AM

G_man

Galen Mountfort

There's a comedy about terrorism it's called Four Lions.

Jun 14 - 07:13 PM

Jason Graziano

Jason Graziano

Your avatar is comedy, John Tyler

Jul 23 - 12:54 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

I saw it. Not bad, but definitely not great. But then again, I did sneak into it, so I might have like it more than I would've if I had paid for it.

Feb 18 - 09:56 PM

Jason Graziano

Jason Graziano

No, not great, AWESOME.. hilarious.. and The Heat is even funnier

Jul 23 - 12:55 PM

Sean Moore

Sean Moore

Justin Bateman is the worst! I must admit that Mc Carthy 's willingness to keep plugging away in hopelessly dry humor is something we can hope will rub-off on Bateman. He is a vapid SoCal alleged actor that brings nothing to the table. I find it just amazing that his lack of comedic timing or ability to lend some verve or pop into tiresome scripts has not earned him a lifetime position on Adam Sandler's team of talentless actors. I really believe an actor like McCarthy is freed-up by her heavy weight and absence of looksto really play it to the absolute hilt almost of the capacity animation does for physical comedy....We will see much more of her(pardon) and hopefully Bateman will join his sister in retirement...

Feb 11 - 09:52 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

*Jason* Bateman.

Feb 12 - 04:49 PM

Zane B

Chum Chum

He still made his point. Correcting him proved what?

Feb 17 - 10:46 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Not trying to prove anything, dipshit. Just simply being helpful.

Feb 18 - 09:54 PM

Josh Dull

Josh Dull

One could infer that such a mistake is a sign of an overly-fervent naysayer whose argument doesn't hold water, considering Bateman's half-decent body of work as a comedic actor.

Mar 28 - 10:43 AM

w@velength

In Your Dreams

What a stupid opinion. Bateman is a nice guy and reliable comedic actor. You must be the only person on the face of the planet dumb enough to call him unfunny. What's wrong, not enough frying pans getting banged on heads? Makes sense you would be into a chunker like McCarthy who's only appeal is being exploited on screen as one big fat joke for easy laughs. She could deny the Holocaust and you'd chuckle because of your fetish for plus sizes. Take a hike, Rabbi

Feb 23 - 07:37 PM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

"She could deny the Holocaust and you'd chuckle because of your fetish for plus sizes. Take a hike, Rabbi."

Damn, dude. That's kind of fucked up lol.

Feb 24 - 09:44 AM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

You get used to In Your Dreams after a while.

Feb 24 - 10:37 AM

w@velength

In Your Dreams

What's fucked up is you give Sean a free pass for insulting a seasoned actor whose name he couldn't even get right. Yeah, how dare he entertain people and do what he loves! Justine Baterman, what a fascist pig!

Mar 19 - 11:43 AM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Chill the fuck out. I don't agree with what Sean said any more than you do, but leave his religious orientation out of it.

Mar 19 - 06:08 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Pay it no mind, Chase. It's just the inane babble of an internet troll.

Mar 20 - 01:51 PM

w@velength

In Your Dreams

What's the matter Alex? Hurt your feelings with one of my posts? Frankly, someone with an Ed Helm avatar should not be participating in a discussion about the merits of comedy, anyway. Now wipe away the tears and don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

Mar 22 - 05:57 PM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

You're the worst troll I've ever seen. And that includes Matthew Preston.

Mar 23 - 11:28 AM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

I'm immune to trolls, In Your Dreams. Especially the weak ones like you. So don't waste your time with pathetic responses like that.

Mar 24 - 02:54 PM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Fair enough. I should've seen that coming.

Mar 20 - 02:17 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Fuck you

May 20 - 07:46 PM

Zane B

Chum Chum

You'll get over it

Feb 11 - 07:49 AM

Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor

don't be a panzy, cupcake

Feb 10 - 11:22 AM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Cool story, bro

Feb 11 - 08:53 AM

Zane B

Chum Chum

Are you 12?

Feb 11 - 03:46 PM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Yeah, dude. That's exactly right. You got me.

Feb 12 - 11:11 AM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

I don't know how you're going to come back from being called 12, Chase. You must feel totally owned.

Feb 18 - 09:59 PM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

I do. It left me devastated and exasperated. I'm not sure how I can carry on my daily tasks now.

Feb 19 - 08:29 AM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Jesus Christ, it's really 147 minutes long??

Feb 6 - 10:03 AM

Virginia Lee

Virginia Lee

Apparently not; it's down to 107 minutes now. Guess it must have just been a typo before.

Feb 7 - 09:16 AM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

I still think it's too long lol.

Feb 8 - 07:03 AM

Dawn Havard

Dawn Havard

There is NOTHING funny about identity theft. It is horrible, agonizing, and take forever to fix. Not to mention the $$$$!

Don't care who's in it. Wouldn't go to see it if it was free.

Feb 6 - 06:18 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

oh no ! $8 gone from my wallet ! noooooo!!!

Feb 6 - 05:56 PM

Mike Fenn

Mike Fenn

Horrible Bosses was funny. I'll give it a go

Feb 5 - 01:15 PM

Trey M.

Trey Marksberry

Did you see the movie? I assume no.

Feb 4 - 02:38 PM

Stephen Kempf

Stephen Kempf

I can't believe I read this. Thanks for the drop in IQ.

Feb 4 - 02:31 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

wow, thats what can drop your IQ ? i think you need to see a doctor about that.

Feb 5 - 03:39 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

I'd say it's less likely yo be funny based on starring an obese pantload from an unfunny CBS sitcom with a laughtrack.

Feb 4 - 01:41 PM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

THANK you

Feb 4 - 02:50 PM

Alton C.

Alton Copland

Chase is a troll, guys. All he does is show up on a movie's board before the film comes out and says it looks stupid. Don't feed him. Let him live under his lonely bridge in isolation.

Feb 4 - 06:30 AM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Do you even know what a troll is? I did that with 3 movies. This one, Movie, 43, and The Haunting in CT 2. So far, I'm 2 for 2. I create threads like these because I'm generally right, and because I get bored when I'm not working on my own portfolio. Not that it's any of your business. Get used to me, because I'm not going anywhere, dude.

Feb 4 - 11:45 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

you are clearly not able to understand who true trolls are, so please think before you post another comment.

Feb 5 - 03:41 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

He's not trolling.

Feb 11 - 12:19 PM

bribios

brian wilson

A "thread" that doesn't seem to serve a purpose or make much of a statement.

Feb 3 - 01:08 PM

This comment has been removed.

bribios

brian wilson

It's in reference to the OP calling the movie a "comedy", which, best I can tell, he is using the parenthesis in an ironic context, since he doesn't seem to think the movie has much potential as a comedy since the plot of the movie is based around identity theft.

Here, I'm using the word "thread" ironically. To me, an internet thread typically consists of the OP either making a statement and then backing up their viewpoint with evidence to support their statement, or posing a question to open up a debate or conversation. I use the word "thread" here ironically, because the original poster has not really done either of these things.

I've been on the internet long enough to know that there are a large number of cases where threads exist solely to incite anger or vent some sort of rage caused by some other aspect of the internet users life, but the less cynical side of me likes to think the internet can still be used for objective discussion. Then again, maybe that's just a sign I'm growing old. 10 years from now, the internet may have no value, except as a verbal battleground for socially awkward teenage virgins to launch homophobic remarks at each other.

Of course then again, maybe I'm putting way too much thought into having an adult discussion about a movie that could end up being complete garbage.

Feb 4 - 01:32 PM

James P.

James Phoenix

Maybe it will be. Why complain about it already?

Feb 2 - 08:05 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

At least watch it before you start to bitch about it.

Feb 2 - 04:03 PM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Lol hereeeeeeee we go again.

Feb 2 - 04:53 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Well, you're basing the quality of the movie off of the premise that you saw in the trailer. It could be funny.

Feb 2 - 08:04 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

is this really worth the fight ?

Feb 2 - 09:01 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

I don't see how qualifies as a "fight", hollis. I'm just wondering why Chase felt the need to make this.

Feb 2 - 10:52 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

well i just thought this would escalate but it hasnt, so sorry. and by fight i meant like a internet fight, you know, like what you would do to a serious troll. but it seems no one is a troll here.

Feb 5 - 03:43 PM

Daniel G.

Daniel Ganser

A comedy about drug dealing? A comedy about poverty? A comedy about identity crisis? A comedy about substance abuse? A comedy about burglary? A comedy about murder? A comedy about rogue scientists? A comedy about obesity?

Sorry that all comedies aren't cute like Pixar films.... Oh wait, they have films about mass extinction and genocide, child torture, murder....pollution to the point of non existing...

Feb 1 - 04:24 PM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

That's not quite what I mean.

Feb 2 - 01:24 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

um what is he getting at

Feb 2 - 01:54 PM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

No clue, man

Feb 2 - 04:53 PM

Daniel G.

Daniel Ganser

From the premise of your title, and following statement it appeared as though you were saying through a sarcastic tone, "There is nothing funny about identity theft." To which I made my subsequent rebuttal.

Sorry that you felt the need to create a thread with such a small amount of context and not expect someone to make this inference.

Feb 4 - 06:18 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Oh no, not pollution!

Feb 2 - 04:04 PM

Robert Lenski

Robert Lenski

Well isn't all comedy just tragedy looked through a different lens?

Feb 4 - 02:28 PM

???????? ??????

???????? ??????

Well.. Its for the masses if anything.

Jan 31 - 02:14 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile