Idiocracy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Idiocracy Reviews

½ April 8, 2016
The hilarious premise for this black comedy is equally funny and frightening.
April 8, 2016
its sad because its all becoming true
April 4, 2016
What could it be considered a failed film by Fox became a cult film, this satirical film about a future where humanity go back in the evolution path.
March 26, 2016
A terrifyingly real glance at our future.
½ July 19, 2007
Interesting take on the dumbing down of our country.
February 3, 2009
Yup, this is pretty much our future.
½ March 16, 2010
Smart, silly, and funny.
½ March 11, 2016
This masterpiece is so brutally honest about the way our society is degenerating into utter nonsense. Idiocracy also makes the 2016 election totally understandable. In any case don't watch it, because you're probably an idiot that will be offended by its content.
November 13, 2007
8.2/10. 3-4-2016. Original rating: 7/10 (circa 2007). "This movie is the future. WE ARE ALL DOOMED!"
June 5, 2007
What was once a joke is dangerously close to becoming a documentary.
½ February 28, 2016
The 2006 film Idiocracy is more relevant today than ever before. Our journey down the path of self destruction is a result of deregulation and the dismantling of checks and balances in out society. Crony Capitalism (greed) and the dumbing down of America makes the film Idiocracy all to real. Just take a look at some of the presidential candidates that we have to choose from, it's almost surreal. Tabloid Journalism, the sense of entitlement, social media, the need to constantly be stimulated, etc. are all helping to create a society of helpless individuals who let others do their thinking for them. The whole concept of taxing one's brain (making sacrifices) as a way in which to achieve personal growth, build character and maintain emotional stability are now a thing of the past. Our own stupidity and mental laziness will ultimately be our demise as we watch modern civilization crumble. Gladiator Games are just around the corner and it's only a matter of time before the next major extinction level event. We're watching the devolution of mankind as we slowly regress into a planet of the apes.
February 6, 2007
Couple laughs. You will feel dumber after seeing this.
½ February 25, 2016
"It only took 9 years"
Pretty smart for such a dumb/silly movie. Also, a little unsettling due to the evidence that we may be heading in this direction.
February 25, 2016
A very Mike Judge sort of show. It offers more than what the production budget allows. It is not easy to portray an average person as a relative genius, because just how are the rest of the world who are supposed to be idiots supposed to be depicted? I think this movie might have just pulled that off.
February 20, 2016
It only took 9 years.
February 6, 2016
A pretty fun and funny farce from the mind of the creator of Beavis and Butthead and Office Space. Seems fitting
½ January 2, 2016
Just watched this. Quite funny/silly.
½ December 29, 2015
It's not nearly as funny as Office Space and is consistently more dumb than smart making Idiocracy nothing more than background entertainment.
½ September 19, 2015
I had no idea Mike Judge was capable of making something bad...
½ December 22, 2015
ok movie kinda funny. quite dumb.