• R, 1 hr. 15 min.

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

If I Were You Reviews

Hamee
October 1, 2013
I really enjoyed this movie. The story was a bit insane, but a relationship between a man's wife and his mistress has never been this funny. The cast did a fantastic job and definitely made the movie enjoyable.
July 29, 2014
Marcia Gay Howard shows what she is made of in the beautifully complex role of Madelyn Reid. Though touching on many subjects such as marriage, adultery, dementia, death, friendship and forgiveness, "If I Were You" is not narrowly fixated on any of them. Instead, drawing on its connection to King Lear, this film takes on the role of Honest Cordelia; revealing the brutal beauty of real life lived with the best intentions and full of pain and heartache. Harden masterfully portrays the full, emotional, flawed and funny human struggling with most difficult task of life: finding the strength to live it.
February 15, 2014
The acting and writing captured the ironic humor of this piece which managed to make sympathetic characters of both the wife and mistress. I enjoyed the movie from beginning to end particularly the way Harden and Watling played off each other.
February 15, 2014
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this delightful comedy! Great acting by everyone, especially Ms Reid! Story reminded us of some of Neil Simon's work.
November 26, 2013
Wow... I loved this movie. It reminded me of old Woody Allen. Super entertained and Marcia Gay Harden, AMAZING!
October 30, 2013
Absolutely fantastic.
October 13, 2013
Marcia Gay Harden is so talented. Her character essentially walks through 92% of the film in a drunken stupor. And, she manages to squeeze out some funny and touching moments. Joan Carr-Wiggen has ONE good idea here -- the idea of comparing poor Marcia Gay Harden's mid-life situation to that of King Lear. Sadly, all she has is one good idea and one gifted actor -- it isn't enough to make this film work.
October 12, 2013
One of the best written screenplays, a modern farce, well worth the time.
These critics are deaf, dumb, and blind hacks.
October 11, 2013
I LOVED If I Were You. Every minute of it!
Funny and Warm. I loved the humor and the Character. I highly recommend it.
September 24, 2013
It's a VERY good, funny, thoughtful movie, great interesting twist ending... How can the critics give this a 10% when they gave the BORING Mud a 98%??
May 14, 2013
At first I took the opening scene seriously, then I soon was laughing out loud. All of the cast were perfect in their roles, but Marcia was outstanding! My son and his wife loved it too.
May 7, 2013
such a great movie. im very recomended this one to you guys, especialy if u single and i like marcia gay's acting in here. this is very intelectual movie defenetly i love this one.
March 26, 2013
3/5 It is lacking in every way, but it is funny and I had fun watching it.
January 23, 2013
My favorite movie at Palm Springs International Film Festival 2012!