97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

If These Walls Could Talk 2 Reviews

dietmountaindew
dietmountaindew

May 5, 2008
"if these walls could talk 2" is a political propagenda of lesbianism, seperated in three partitions of decades with lesbians in three different modes as old-time closet school-teachers, the 70s transvestite activist and the contemporary homosexual marriage.

the first one is more emphatically sorrowful since the elder lesbian couple just suffer from a practical issue of house mortgage since they cannot get married to deserve the inheritage like the heterosexual couple blessed with the legitimate approval of marriage. they recluse from society with passivism without interfering and protesting on street for their rights, then you could peek some marlene dietrich alike tuxedo party in the yellowed pictures.

then the time shifts to the radical 70s with chloe sevigney impersonating the transvestite dyke in boyish clothings and you could see chloe making love to michelle williams in nudity which is a bit nauseating and over-the-top. as chloe sevigney's "brown bunny" falletio event, and this is another glimpse of her daredevil willingness to comply any cinematic challenge. it leaves you wonder if it's cleverly worthwhile or appropriately done in chloe's trials. besides the explored field on this episode is mainly on the functionablity of lesbian sex between one tank dyke and one lipstick lesbian.

the last tale would be sharon stone and ellen degeneres married together in the modern time, attempting to purchase some semen for ellen to inject into sharon stone so stone could be conceived with "their" baby. they demonstrate how much they're in love and how well they conduct together to broadcast some user-friendly lesbian bond notion. somehow you cannot help but feel sorry that sexy sharon stone gets confined by mannish ellen. why wouldn't she just get laid by some real guy instead of sticking to her lesbian commitment? somehow peculiarly absurd. another political poise of this genre.

inevitably the viewpoints stated here might be biased in a way, but a good flick would transcend the surroundings to win audience's heart in every category instead of being made for a narrowed group of people. but the first tale of elder schoolteachers are indeed emotionally infiltrating with their authentic sadness which is very sympathetic and that could be recognized universally.
Sunil J

August 9, 2007
Almost as good as the first one but not as shocking.
Sarah P

October 27, 2007
An excellent sort-of sequel. Extremely sad, but also compelling and hopeful.
iLeo
iLeo

April 17, 2007
LOVE THIS MOVIE!! Although it's made for television, I thought this was genuinely a fantastic movie dealing with variety of issues.
Ina S

February 26, 2006
The first episode is so sad, Vanessa Redgrave's acting is stunning. The other two are entertaining, but lack depth, unlike the first film (in which all 3 parts were excellent). Still a nice, cute film.
July 26, 2011
As much as I love the gays and how much I want them to have rights, some parts of this film really felt like pro-gay propaganda
spahz
September 14, 2010
ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! Very touching and something that most gay and lesbian couples go through. Defiantly a great display breaking the taboo of lesbians in society and how they are treated. I want to see the first one.
drum2harmonize
November 6, 2009
This is a great display breaking the taboo of lesbians in society and how they are treated...I also like the choice of actresses. There are always people that are differant than you and they challenge many to step outside their little tunnel and look around Yay!
bobsteele0069
November 19, 2008
It has been awhile since I have seen these 2 HBO films. What I can tell you from memory is that I was moved by both films. The first one more than this one, so I combined my stars to give both of them 4. There are many gay men that do not like "Lesbian" films. I say a good flick is a good flick.
June 1, 2008
A charming little movie about three lesbian couples from different generations that all lived in the same house. Cute, funny and full of cute women.
May 15, 2008
Not as good as it's predecessor, but still good in all respects. Tackles some heavy issues in a graceful way. The final segment (with Vanessa Redgrave) is certainlt the best. Redgrave is stellar...
June 2, 2007
Wee need to make more movies just like this! This really talks about subjects that need to be talked about!
sk8terdyke
April 29, 2007
A beautiful movie. Well done, very funny. A great movie to show what its like being a lesbian couple who wants to have kids.
rondaschlenger
March 19, 2007
This one is just as enticing, as part one was...
And as part one started, it also goes over a time period of 3 generations, so you have to pay attention to it, or you will get lost, in the story line...
This part 2, also has a all-star line-up with Ellen DeGeneres, Sharon Stone, and a few others...
Also, you must have an open-mind and not be judgemental towards gay or lesbian people...Hope you enjoy it as much as I did...
March 5, 2007
hmm.. wish I could rate them seperately..

The first part was amazing.. Vanessa Redgrave was amazing.. the story was sad, but very well done..

Second one.. Chloe Sevigny and Michelle Williams.. need I say more?.. hot.. and the story was good as well..

Third.. eek.. acting was just okay.. story was a bit rushed, and I really didn't care that much what happened.
zeiko18
March 2, 2007
The segment with Sharon Stone and Ellen DeGeneres is wonderful, but the other are somewhat lackluster.
January 24, 2007
significantly better than the first one - much more realistic and not melodramatic. Ellen Degeneres is amazing.
lhendr9802
May 21, 2006
I found myself crying in the beginning Vanessa Redgrave as one half older couple did awesome job and laughing at the end with Ellen stone trying to get preggers
Daninohio
March 26, 2006
really really good movie. what happened to cher definilty caught me off gaurd. a real surprise there.