If These Walls Could Talk 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

If These Walls Could Talk 2 Reviews

dietmountaindew
½ May 5, 2008
"if these walls could talk 2" is a political propagenda of lesbianism, seperated in three partitions of decades with lesbians in three different modes as old-time closet school-teachers, the 70s transvestite activist and the contemporary homosexual marriage.

the first one is more emphatically sorrowful since the elder lesbian couple just suffer from a practical issue of house mortgage since they cannot get married to deserve the inheritage like the heterosexual couple blessed with the legitimate approval of marriage. they recluse from society with passivism without interfering and protesting on street for their rights, then you could peek some marlene dietrich alike tuxedo party in the yellowed pictures.

then the time shifts to the radical 70s with chloe sevigney impersonating the transvestite dyke in boyish clothings and you could see chloe making love to michelle williams in nudity which is a bit nauseating and over-the-top. as chloe sevigney's "brown bunny" falletio event, and this is another glimpse of her daredevil willingness to comply any cinematic challenge. it leaves you wonder if it's cleverly worthwhile or appropriately done in chloe's trials. besides the explored field on this episode is mainly on the functionablity of lesbian sex between one tank dyke and one lipstick lesbian.

the last tale would be sharon stone and ellen degeneres married together in the modern time, attempting to purchase some semen for ellen to inject into sharon stone so stone could be conceived with "their" baby. they demonstrate how much they're in love and how well they conduct together to broadcast some user-friendly lesbian bond notion. somehow you cannot help but feel sorry that sexy sharon stone gets confined by mannish ellen. why wouldn't she just get laid by some real guy instead of sticking to her lesbian commitment? somehow peculiarly absurd. another political poise of this genre.

inevitably the viewpoints stated here might be biased in a way, but a good flick would transcend the surroundings to win audience's heart in every category instead of being made for a narrowed group of people. but the first tale of elder schoolteachers are indeed emotionally infiltrating with their authentic sadness which is very sympathetic and that could be recognized universally.
½ August 9, 2007
Almost as good as the first one but not as shocking.
October 27, 2007
An excellent sort-of sequel. Extremely sad, but also compelling and hopeful.
iLeo
April 17, 2007
LOVE THIS MOVIE!! Although it's made for television, I thought this was genuinely a fantastic movie dealing with variety of issues.
February 26, 2006
The first episode is so sad, Vanessa Redgrave's acting is stunning. The other two are entertaining, but lack depth, unlike the first film (in which all 3 parts were excellent). Still a nice, cute film.
½ June 11, 2013
Three stories. All about lesbians during different time periods. The modern one with Sharon Stone and Ellen was the least compelling. Perhaps it feels a little dated since women couples are having children much more easily than they were in 2000. The second one is set in the 70s during feminism and the sexual revolution. Chloe Sevingy and Michelle Williams play a new couple and let's just say they should be a couple in real life because they have smoking chemistry. But the best story was the first. It takes place in the 1950s and Vanessa Redgrave plays a woman who loses her female partner and then less everything except her memory. Redgrave gives one of the best performances I've seen in some time. She doesn't speak too much but does so much heartbreaking acting with her face and body. She devastated me. It is well worth watching for the first story.
½ March 5, 2013
The first segment is the best out of three, thanks to Vanessa Redgrave's powerful but yet touching performance. I also love Chloe Sevigni and Michelle Williams's segment (I kinda wish they'd made this into it's own feature movie as I really interest in their story). The third one was the weakest one, not bad but not as great as the other two.
September 19, 2012
I almost wish that I could rate the three stories separately, because the first would without a doubt be a five star rating and is the best in the film. Vanessa Redgrave is amazing and heartbreaking.
½ July 26, 2011
As much as I love the gays and how much I want them to have rights, some parts of this film really felt like pro-gay propaganda
September 14, 2010
ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! Very touching and something that most gay and lesbian couples go through. Defiantly a great display breaking the taboo of lesbians in society and how they are treated. I want to see the first one.
November 17, 2008
Just watched this and loved it! Three beautiful love stories that are woven together by one common theme: all the women occupy the same house, at different times. It's very cool to see how their lives intertwine in a way because of that. A wonderful film of vignettes that needs to be told. A+
½ November 6, 2009
This is a great display breaking the taboo of lesbians in society and how they are treated...I also like the choice of actresses. There are always people that are differant than you and they challenge many to step outside their little tunnel and look around Yay!
November 19, 2008
It has been awhile since I have seen these 2 HBO films. What I can tell you from memory is that I was moved by both films. The first one more than this one, so I combined my stars to give both of them 4. There are many gay men that do not like "Lesbian" films. I say a good flick is a good flick.
August 28, 2008
3 stories again. This one has the chick from Dawson's creek as a lesbian. (Not as exciting as it sounds) but it is an ok movie.
June 1, 2008
A charming little movie about three lesbian couples from different generations that all lived in the same house. Cute, funny and full of cute women.
May 15, 2008
Not as good as it's predecessor, but still good in all respects. Tackles some heavy issues in a graceful way. The final segment (with Vanessa Redgrave) is certainlt the best. Redgrave is stellar...
September 3, 2007
Beware of bird houses,
be on the watch for Chloe Sevigny and her Ace wrap, and remind yourself that Ellen Degenres is just a talk show host that likes to dance over tables day in and day out.
½ July 23, 2007
[size=3][font=Times][color=white][b][i][color=darkorange]Love Finds Andy Hardy[/color][/i][/b] 6/10[/color][/font][/size]

[font=Times][size=3][color=white]Good god, Mickey Rooney is a goober. But he is rather enjoyable. [/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times][color=white] [/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times][color=white][b][i][color=darkorange]In The Good Old Summertime[/color][/i][/b] 7/10[/color][/font][/size]

[font=Times][size=3][color=white]One of Judy Garland?s best. It was a cute story and funny. There was one creepy part. In the last scene, Van Johnson?s character takes his finger and rubs it on Judy Garland?s head? yeah?[/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times][color=white] [/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times][color=white][b][i][color=darkorange]The Ex[/color][/i][/b] 4/10[/color][/font][/size]

[font=Times][size=3][color=white]There were some funny moments. Lacked charm. [/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times][color=darkorange] [/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times][color=white][b][i][color=darkorange]If These Walls Could Talk 2[/color][/i][/b] 7/10[/color][/font][/size]

[font=Times][size=3][color=white]I loved it. I only wish that each story had more to it. I would have loved to have seen all of the stories, especially ?1961,? as a full length features because they left me wanting more. MORE![/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times][color=white] [/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times][color=white][b][i][color=darkorange]As Luck Would Have It[/color][/i][/b] 3/10[/color][/font][/size]

[font=Times][size=3][color=white]Lame![/color][/size][/font]

[color=white][/color]
½ August 22, 2014
Review:
The first movie that came out in 1996, was much better than this one. The director didn't really give an in depth look into being a lesbian and the controversy that surrounded over the years. That's why the first movie in this franchise was much better. Anyway, the acting from the all star cast was average, except for Sharon Stone and Ellen who really did look like a real life couple. I found 3 separate storyline's, quite boring and unfinished. The first storyline, which dealt with the lost of a loves one, was the most enjoyable out of the 3 because of the emotion that was shown by Vanessa Redgrave, but the other 3 didn't really go anywhere. I was really disappointed with this film because I enjoyed the first instalment so my expectations were high, but it it watchable if your into your emotional dramas. Average!

Round-Up:
Out of all of the characters in this movie, Vanessa Redgrave stole the screen with her interpretation of losing her partner who she had lived with for many years. As they were an elderly couple in the 1960's, they never showed there affection for each other publicly which meant that they had to keep there relationship behind closed doors. The next story which us about a radical teenager who falls in love with a girl who dresses up as a boy, was a basic love story based in the 70's. The final segment is about Sharon Stone trying to fall pregnant by sperm donors and how it effects her partner, Ellen. This story was quite emotional and the chemistry between the two was quite realistic. The whole movie was an eye opener but I did expect  ore of an intense drama.

I recommend this movie to people who are into there emotional dramas about 3 different stories about lesbian relationships. 5/10
December 12, 2013
Emotional, moving and realistic of the times depicted. Recommend for everyone, Gay and Straight, young and old.