63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Il Postino: The Postman Reviews

Jan Marc M

September 10, 2011
The Postman is a beautiful fictional work that reveres words, metaphors, and inspiration. A solemn praise to poetry, grace, and simplicity. Treasured.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
I watched this in my Spanish class once for some reason, it's in Italian, though. We also saw the play the film was based on. It's a good romance story, funny, sad, happy, everything a romance should be, I guess. Overall, this is a good movie, but the play is better.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 7, 2010
a wonderful tale of a man with nothing but becomes something because of his interaction with the famed poet pablo neruda. many of the details about the life of neruda are true, but the story is very much fictional. its a bit bizarre really, a man marries an amazingly beautiful woman only to obsess over his bromance with a much older man, but there is something very beautiful about the story. the cinematography and dialogue were brilliant throughout, and the film was altogether touching and thoughtful.
arashxak
arashxak

September 17, 2008
I really felt sorry for Massimo Troisi himself & his character in the movie at the same time
Pierluigi P

May 12, 2007
Massimo Troisi's last big goodbye. great soundtrack by Luis Bacalov. the simplicity and beauty of Italy at its best. A lovely, touching, marvel of a film
John B

February 7, 2014
This is the one that doesn't star Kevin Costner. The Italian Postman is an absolute delight with a romance mixed in with Pablo Neruda. Who wouldda thunk of that. Very enjoyable.
Alec B

July 26, 2010
Its not entirely bad, its just harmless fluff, but in the end it was simply one of many, many films from foreign countries, that made audiences and critics alike cheer, were delightful romantic comedies with a touch of drama, had an improbable love story, viewed themselves as harsh satires but were really simplistic, got a bushel of oscar nominations and were churned out by Miramax at a hectic pace from the mid 90s to the early 00s like they were made off an assembly line.
Francisco  G.
Francisco G.

July 1, 2012
A beautifuly poetic love story, told with expterise by a smart script and direction by Michael Radford and a heartbreaking a lovable performance from Massimo Troisi, pulling the heartstrings one word at a time. Add a memorable ending and you got a little classic. I just felt it was a bit of shame that the cinematography didn't gave the use necessary of the amazing location the flick was shot. Could've been something way better than what was present but what you have is class.
Marcus W

June 7, 2008
The first half of is this movie is wonderfully charming in a charmed and wonderful way as the naive postman discovers poetry, finds his voice and marries the one he loves.

The second half decides to turn "arthouse". So we have politics and it gets all serious and is shot in black and white and people stand in lakes staring at swans, and it doesn't have a happy ending
olgakorobova2002
May 23, 2011
Wonderful music and story, very touching ending. But the story behind the story, that of Massimo Troisi battling a heart condition while filming this is a lot more powerful to me than the film itself. Overall, the acting could definitely be improved a LOT, but it's still a very sweet film.
Anaconda728873
May 23, 2011
Yes, I got it. No, I didn't care for it. I understand the lovesick, shy guy angle striving to court the woman of his dreams with poetry, but for all the preaching this movie made about the essence of language and thought it really seemed to lack genuine feeling for me. And how this was nominated over the likes of The Usual Suspects, Se7en, Casino, or Toy Story I have no idea.
March 28, 2008
Like most Italian dramas or comedies, the film is very true to life and doesn't spare the audience to a few heartbreaks to go along with the laughter. Well done, fantastic job by Phillippe Noriet and Massimo Troisi.
QueenCityFilms
QueenCityFilms

June 12, 2008
I remember this from English class back in HS...sweeeet. The poetry kicks ass. The film itself is not bad.
hugekcroyalsfan
July 3, 2007
This movie made me cry, and take a look at what is special in my life. The soundtrack is unbelievable.
May 27, 2007
Simply put, this is a nice movie. Nothing extremely special about it, but it is heartwarming, though provoking, and has a great story. Very good soundtrack.
May 12, 2007
Massimo Troisi's last film...Very romantic, very pleasant. An excellent film! Bravo for Neruda (the poet) and the metaphores!
kmeelogan
March 14, 2007
Focused around poetry, self-discovery, love, friendship and injustice, this film is genuinely beautiful.
huddahead
February 20, 2007
Absolutely incredible---and for anyone that loves Neruda, I ighly recommend picking up the soundtrack!
atw1960
February 6, 2007
Que Bella/romantico la Cinema Italiano!Lovely.sad,longing,Gt views of Italy and the coast,Want to rent it again!
akpetrine
October 19, 2006
One of the sweetest films ever!!! AND it incorporates masterful poetry into wooing a woman - Bravo!