I'm Through with White Girls (The Inevitable Undoing of Jay Brooks) Reviews

xxdebxx
½ May 4, 2010
Light hearted comedy about a guy who has a phobia of commitment. Jay has never dated a black woman, he only dates white women, yet always breaks up with them, when it gets too serious, using race as the excuse for his lack of commitment.

Don't let the title mislead you! If you're in the mood for comedy, give this one a shot...
½ June 1, 2009
Good independent romantic comedy.
May 4, 2010
This was an excellent movie. It explored how we sometimes look for excuses to explain why relationships don't work out. Dating white girls wasn't his problem---He was his problem...LOL

I have watched this movie over and over again.... I love it. I have even looked at the special features and behind the scenes.
July 13, 2009
This movie is surprisingly good. I didn't appreciate the "ghetto black folks" and the "bourgeois uppity black folk" but it was a very solid movie! Worth checking out.
½ October 19, 2013
Fine script and acting however, the story is the usual American shallow precept which causes the film to gently tank. Not much to say about photography or sound as it was average with not much to note. Music was a bright part that made up for the short comings of the rest. Nibbles: Liquorish Allsorts
January 7, 2012
Cute flick. Funny. Streaming from NetFlix on my iPad, it got me through two three-mile walks on a treadmill. Loved it. Not profound, but cute.
July 25, 2011
I am truly impressed with this movie. I really enjoyed the every process and progress of this film. I hope and pray for morre exposure and another project from this team..Peace Gina
½ July 16, 2011
THIS IS MY FUCKIN MOVIE RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!
April 18, 2011
It was def a movie you see when you have nothing else to watch....that turns into a little gem. You have to watch for the quick jabs here and there to really get the full humor of the movie. I'd def recommend it to people. I just wish his love interest was...well...attractive.
May 4, 2010
"I'm Through With White Girls" is a cute movie. It would have been alot better with the played up the quirkiness and left out some the typical scenes we see in most romantic comedies. I enjoyed the film, but it had the capability to be something really fantastic.
½ May 4, 2010
6.5/10. Surprisingly good comedy, the scene at the restaurant involving black and asian stereotypes is a gem. Well directed and written. Perceptive and different. Very pleasant performances, especially Lia Johnson. Good story.