97% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Imaginary Heroes Reviews

Erin C

October 9, 2013
Not sure how I felt about this movie. Small twist at the end that proves things and people aren't always what they seem.
May 1, 2013
The narrative at the beginning was so irritating. The acting was very impressive(-Emile Hirsch) and it was surprisingly non-American bullshit. Sigourney Weaver, an actress who usually drives me nuts, was very good
filmhipster.com
October 9, 2012
Despite a sturdy cast, Imaginary Heroes isn't as good as it thinks it is - could have used a little levity to balance out the stories dolefulness...I'd recommend Spencer Susser's 'Hesher' who deals with a similar subject matter in a much more touching way.
June 18, 2012
A well made one! Totally made me feel ! Seriously, what's wrong with people who are reviewing this movie? It's about characters, how they find their heroes in life, how they themselves are one of those in the end ..! What they go through, how it's connected and how things fall apart and get back together by the breaking of ice, years of silence, with the suicide by a family member.
April 8, 2012
Been putting off watching this, and I don't understand why, as there are some really good moments.
April 7, 2012
A surprisingly entertaining film that I am sure no one has heard of. It's worth watching. Its easily Sigourney Weaver's film she owns it from her first scene.
September 9, 2007
Full of genuine emotion, powerhouse performances, and tender writing. Dan Harris' film is honest, dark and extremely thought provoking.
PoofyPuff1000
March 18, 2012
Not bad but not great either.
February 25, 2012
What a great an intense drama. Beautiful
February 23, 2012
There's not a lot of plot development in this movie, so I can imagine it won't appeal to everyone, but I actually quite enjoyed it. The acting is great, the family dynamic is realistic, and this is overall a really interesting character study. It's very slow moving and not entirely satisfying, but it's good nonetheless.
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

July 1, 2009
Cast: Sigourney Weaver, Emile Hirsch, Jeff Daniels, Michelle Williams, Kip Pardue, Deirdre O'Connell, Ryan Donowho, Suzanne Santo, Jay Paulson

Director: Dan Harris

Summary: The seemingly stable Travis family crumbles when one of the children kills himself in this wrenching drama about long-buried secrets and lies, and ties that bind too tightly. Soon after the tragedy, patriarch Ben (Jeff Daniels) distances himself from everyone else, intent on coping with his pain alone; his wife, Sandy (Sigrouney Weaver), turns to pot for release and escape; and their restless son, Tim (Emile Hirsch), longs to be elsewhere.

My Thoughts: "Great movie with a great cast delivering great performances. There is a scene near the end of the movie between Jeff Daniels and Emile Hirsch that just blew me away with the strong emotions it generated through the screen. I felt every bit of it. This movie is relatable to anyone who has lost someone close to them, who feels very small in a big world, or who has never fit in. I am sure we have all had those moments. Loved Weaver's and Hirsch's mother and son relationship. Just a good movie about a family fighting to hold on. Struggling to make sense of life and where it's going, and if they will make it to another day."
February 8, 2012
great performance by Weaver and the rest of the cast aswell. very well written story aswell. funny but slow.
moviesobsessedMilly
September 9, 2011
Carlos M

August 24, 2011
This family drama should have focused more on the emotional impact of the tragedy on the characters. Instead it goes for artificial conflicts and pathetic clichés, suffering also from an excess of information with many unnecessary details added at each moment to create new useless twists.
August 20, 2011
It has some awkward and creepy interactions, but it's entertaining enough for a slow weeknight.
aswinwilliam
August 10, 2011
It was a quite slow drama about a family who lost atheletic inteligent sibling and leave them into depression.
July 26, 2011
the beauty of no cable is watching old movies like this
Thomas J

June 28, 2011
Such a tough topic, but Sigourney Weaver is the Lifetime movie character actor of real movies. Great acting from all of the cast, but the subject is not a cheerful one.
June 13, 2011
Typical indie that tries way too hard. Excellent performance by Weaver.
March 20, 2011
Starts off on a hight note then a sad one, then I forgot what this movie was trying to accomplish. This movie has allot of my favorite actors in place yet I found it to be all over the board. It's about a family who's son has committed suicide and are trying to cope with his departure in all the wrong ways. The mom starts smoking pot, the brother starts smoking pot, the dad goes crazy or just starts acting weird. The movie then has a few funny moments then takes one of the biggest left turns ever as three of our Imaginary Heroes are submitted to a psyche Ward and Tim (Hirsch) finds his classmate whom commits suicide later in the film and we have Tim later beaten down by a group of bullies and then, yeah the comedy aspect is completely thrown out the window at this point and it gets kinda hard to watch, let alone finish at this point. Now this review is coming from the guy whom have Little Miss Sunshine some light in a review and I do have a reason; that is, Sunshine was categorized as a dark comedy like this one but it never really got that deep into the mind set of dark and creepy like 'Imaginary Heroes'. 'Little Miss Sunshine' would get strange and dark at times but it still kept a fair rhythm when