Impostor Reviews

Derek R ½ September 8, 2013
Underwhelming, underdeveloped and a waste of a good cast.
John W. John W. August 13, 2013
Philip K. Dick's sci-fi stories are detailed, rich, and compelling. I can understand the urge to bring them to the big screen...but they don't always translate well. The Impostor is a decent attempt with Sinese and Stowe doing a great job with the material, but drags a bit too long and that hurts the overall ability of the movie to keep your interest.
Wes S May 11, 2013
Stale, but a bit thrilling. The characters are not too memorable, the plot isn't original, and the final outcome could be seen a mile away. The effects weren't horrible, and the atmosphere was decent enough. A bland sci-fi action flick, not good enough to sit through without being completely bored.
Dann M
½ April 12, 2013
An intense action thriller, Impostor is an impressive science fiction tale from Philip K. Dick. Based on a short story, a government scientist named Spencer Olham is accused of being an alien replicant and goes on the run in order to find a way to prove his innocence. Gary Sinise and Madeleine Stowe lead the cast and deliver fairly good performances. The special effects are also rather good (all things considered), and create a unique dystopian future. Additionally, the material is quite relevant in its dealing with themes of terrorism and police powers in wartime. Impostor has some issues, but the sci-fi themes are handled quite well.
Scott A April 11, 2013
I guess this was original a short, so they padded it with extra scenes to make it feature length. Maybe that ruined the impact of the short?

As it is, it isn't awful or anything, but the opening is loaded with iffy looking CGI. The cast is great, but some are under used. Shalhoub is very minor and D'Onofrio and Stowe aren't given a whole lot to do.

I have to say that they set it up that Sinise is really an Alien impostor trying to blow someone up, but that doesn't make much sense cause in the end the actual bomb happens nowhere near the guy in question...so, bad script?

I will say the twists were good, but not very hard to guess at the same time.

Okay watch for a one time viewing on a raining day.
Micah F April 6, 2013
While it's certainly not perfect, especially when compared to the giants of the man-on-the-run genre, I can find few glaring flaws with Gary Fleder's "Impostor." Nothing about the film ruined or took me out of the experience, and at times I even found myself becoming invested. That sounds like a pretty well-put-together film to me. Perhaps it should have remained a short film like it started out to be, but it still managed to keep me consistently interested throughout its expanded runtime.
Shaun L April 2, 2013
90's Sci-Fi movie made in early 2000's, if you like Sci-Fi Channel programing, this might be right for you.
Westleigh Q ½ March 12, 2013
Predictable, middle of the road sci-fi thriller that does little to excite or interest the audience. There's not much to see here that you haven't seen already 100 times before, so Impostor doesn't even manage to intrigue fans of the genre.
Dan F February 28, 2013
I thought this was a very good movie....
Niklas R December 17, 2007
Very well worth seeing, well performed with good FX and should have reached a larger audience.
Erica F December 24, 2012
This was a really good movie, even though it kind of scared me. Vincent D'Onofrio did a spectacular job as the bad guy! Although, I would say that about anything he does, because I love him so!
Alexander C December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to watching.
Martin A November 15, 2012
This was a great movie and is way under rated on the tomato meter here! My daughter watched it for the first time with me tonight (ive seen it before) and she loved it as well. Its a great story, good twists, lots of action, intelligent plot line etc. Im not sure why its rated so low.
Bubster L September 26, 2012
Pretty good; Gary Sinise is always cool to watch.
Marie King Marie King ½ July 29, 2012
However incredibly cheaply made and totally confusing, the one plus in Imposter is Gary Sinse's wonderfully engaging and vulnerable performance.
Morten S ½ July 26, 2012
Langt henad vejen er det en standard "mand på flugt"-film, men et par virkelig solide twists (udtænkt af Philip K. Dick) mod slutningen, hiver den alligevel over gennemsnittet.
Jesse T ½ April 29, 2012
Has all the values of a straight-to-video movie, but because it has a bigger-name cast, it gets a full theatrical release.
Randy B. Randy B. June 17, 2012
Impostor is clearly lesser than Dick's widely known Minority Report in many aspects, but it's futuristic effect is still admirable.
Wayne C June 5, 2012
Okay film lacking the sci-fi wow factor - similar in the style of blade runner in places it was obvious that this film was a low budget. Disappointed with the story line, character depth and the ending for sure - that said if you are a fan of Gary Sinise you may like this one on a rainy day.