The top In Darkness quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Officer: Where's your cap?
- Mundek Margulies: It was stolen sir.
- Officer: Bad luck. Without a cap... [pulls out gun] you have no business here. [puts gun to head but another shot interrupts the officer from firing]
- Officer: The man's healthy! Can't you see?
[dismounts horse and walks over]
If you must use a bullet... [shoots a sickly looking man in the head] use it wisely.
Cap! [officer retrieves cap, hands to his superior officer who hands it to Mundek]
- Mundek Margulies: Thank you.
- Bortnik: Your best vodka for my friends!
You know what this means? [holds up a third reich watch with swastika emblem]
It means I can help my friends. Even friends of friends.
- Szczepek: May I?
- Bortnik: If you need anything, just ask.
I trained near the Baltic. They're tough monsters. But the Germans are the best thing to happen to the Ukrainians.
The Polacks, too. Cheers!
- Bortnik: Socha? Socha!
- Leopold Socha: Bortnik! My Ukrainian friend! It's been years.
- Bortnik: Good to see you, brother! I'm a commander now.
- Leopold Socha: Szczepek here works with me. I know Bortnik...
- Bortnik: From Lonski!
- Szczepek: You were in jail?
- Leopold Socha: I had no choice.
- Paulina Chiger: Szczepek listen...
Lonski was full of sons of bitches. But not Poldek. He could be trusted. I will never forget it. Cheers. [others cheer]
- Leopold Socha: Mr. Chiger... [leads him away to talk]
Do the others know?
- Ignacy Chiger: I didn't want them to panic.
- Leopold Socha: Alright.
[pulls out money and hands it to Ignacy]
Here's next Friday's payment.
Pay me in front of the others.
I don't want them to think I'm a sucker who is doing all this for nothing.