In Her Shoes Reviews

August 10, 2007
"Well my Marsha's vigina is solid 24k gold"
½ June 30, 2013
really beautiful movie with great poetic excerpts
February 24, 2008
Friends. Rivals. Sisters.

Maggie est belle, fofolle et n'a aucun sens des responsabilités. Rose est intelligente, carriériste, mais a laissé tombé tout apprêtement physique. Elles sont surs et tout les oppose, sauf leur pointure de chaussures. Quand Maggie couche avec l'amant de Rose, c'est le clash. Les surs se retrouvent pour la première fois à devoir s'occuper chacune sans se soucier de l'autre, et vont se découvrir des facettes qu'elles ne soupçonnaient pas au gré de nouvelles rencontres.
Je ne me lasse pas de cette comédie sociale de 2005. Cameron Diaz excelle en petite peste au grand cur et Toni Collette incarne parfaitement la grande sur qui doit tout porter sur ses épaules. Parfois léger, à d'autres moments plus grave, ce film illustre les conflits qui peuvent survenir au sein d'une même famille : mensonges, maladie, trahison, abandon. Mais la complicité demeure, malgré le sérieux de certaines mauvaises actions. Pas parfait mais très agréable.
February 19, 2007
Different/Not bad/Kinda Liked...
May 4, 2013
Great performaces from both Diaz and Collette but a little too cliched for me.
½ May 1, 2013
Toni Colette and Cameron Diaz are a surprisingly good duo.
½ October 26, 2006
But its not the kinda film i thought it was, its quite emotional
April 7, 2013
I love this movie! best chick flick ever!
March 7, 2013
In Her Shoes is a good movie about sister's, family and love.
February 23, 2013
I loved this I got it the day it came out and watched it over a million times already lol
February 2, 2013
I wouldn't know what it would be like to be In her shoes women's feet are smaller then men's
January 29, 2013
I have both the movie and book and I gotta say the movie is better.
January 16, 2013
I won't lie, I saw it. Was very chck flicky, but wasn't terrible either.
January 12, 2013
In Her Shoes starts with, as many romantic comedy do, a quick love and a quick hurt to set the stage. However, this is not really about romance though it does contain some. It's about what it means to be connected, and what it entails. It's also about setting yourself free, and finding your path.

We all, at some point, hit rock bottom, it helps us understand who we are, and in this movie, the main characters do just that.

The story is well built, interesting, it doesn't follow too many of the usual path, and has enough novel ideas that it makes for a very solid scenario. The dialogs are real, interesting, and often enough funny. There's no downtime, there's always one more thing you want to know, and it ends on a very positive note that anybody can choose reflect upon.

Cameron Diaz introduce her hot manipulative character with a bang, and slowly pulls us in to force us to get to know her better as she does herself. Toni Colette plays her usual self-effacing persona, while Shirley Maclaine hits her role as the grand-mother spot on.

You'll easily be engrossed, see it.
January 5, 2013
Great characters, great writing, and a good flow naturally between scenes. It has such a great way of showing how each of the characters' strengths is also their main weakness, and how letting go of that "strength" opens the door to so many possibilities.
½ December 28, 2012
Little is surprising or new about this film, but it's not a bad experience either. The relationship between the two sisters is deep and meaningful, especially with the great performances given by Colette and Diaz.
½ December 26, 2012
i admit i saw it. it was cute.
December 22, 2012
Lo mismo a lo que nos tiene acostumbrados Cameron Diaz pero con una historia decente, el rollo de las hermanas es bueno...
Más que una comedia un drama.
½ December 19, 2012
It's not bad, but I still like the book better.
December 15, 2012
Toni Collet's so great! Cameron was adorable and Shirley is a legend.