In Her Shoes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In Her Shoes Reviews

May 10, 2014
When Toni Colette is in a movie, I have much higher expectation.... But with Cameron Diaz I should've known better... This was too long!
May 2, 2014
Any woman with sisters can certainly relate. Watch it with yours.
June 30, 2007
Not what I expected...not sure I liked it.
½ April 6, 2014
Two excellent central performances and a story that doesn't rely on formula makes "In Her Shoes" a potent and memorable film.
March 1, 2014
I've seen this a few times now and always really enjoy it. Cameron Diaz is amazing as the irresponsible party girl and Toni Collette is always good, here she plays the sensible driven sister. It lines up like your regular romantic comedy/drama but the story is much deeper and I love discovering why 'Maggie' drinks so much and behaves the way she does. After the sisters have their big falling out and Maggie goes to stay with her grandmother its gets even better with the inclusion of Shirley MacLain and all the characters at the retirement village. One of my favorite scenes would have to be Maggie struggling to read to the blind, aging professor (Norman Lloyd). Powerful and sad. This really is about family and I like how their past is slowly revealed and all members in this damaged family get a chance to heal. I'm also partial to 'Rose' running up those infamous steps in Philadelphia. 03.02.14
March 2, 2014
good com- about family relationships
January 1, 2014
Really good movie! Good story, worth the watch for sure! not a movie i would buy or watch a bunch of times though
February 27, 2008
surprisingly, i kinda liked this.
November 11, 2013
One of those "I'm hung over on a sunday" type of movies
April 26, 2012
I own this on DVD in a five movie pack along with:
* Walk The Line (2005)
* Marley & Me (2008)
* Love & Other Drugs (2010)
* Water For Elephants (2011)
½ November 8, 2013
In her shoes cover's a lot of dramatic ground,but on a loose footing,making the sum of its parts lesser than the whole.
October 13, 2013
great film about relationships and how two people are great with one another even when they are opposites.
½ September 8, 2013
I would describe it as slow, boring, with annoying characters and lacking depth one would expect watching a movie about sibling rivalry.
September 1, 2013
I'm a dude and I love it :)
½ August 1, 2013
Thursday, August 1, 2013

(2005) In Her Shoes
COMEDY DRAMA

Rose Feller (Toni Colletti) is the unattractive one while her sister Maggie Feller(Cameron Diaz) is the good looking one. A very good 'ugly duckling' type of storyline based on a novel written by Jennifer Weiner. I really liked the genuine scenes than the comedic parts.

3 out of 4 stars
September 3, 2007
Formulaic and clichéd but completely saved by all-round good performances.
August 10, 2007
"Well my Marsha's vigina is solid 24k gold"
½ June 30, 2013
really beautiful movie with great poetic excerpts
February 24, 2008
Friends. Rivals. Sisters.

Maggie est belle, fofolle et n'a aucun sens des responsabilités. Rose est intelligente, carriériste, mais a laissé tombé tout apprêtement physique. Elles sont surs et tout les oppose, sauf leur pointure de chaussures. Quand Maggie couche avec l'amant de Rose, c'est le clash. Les surs se retrouvent pour la première fois à devoir s'occuper chacune sans se soucier de l'autre, et vont se découvrir des facettes qu'elles ne soupçonnaient pas au gré de nouvelles rencontres.
Je ne me lasse pas de cette comédie sociale de 2005. Cameron Diaz excelle en petite peste au grand cur et Toni Collette incarne parfaitement la grande sur qui doit tout porter sur ses épaules. Parfois léger, à d'autres moments plus grave, ce film illustre les conflits qui peuvent survenir au sein d'une même famille : mensonges, maladie, trahison, abandon. Mais la complicité demeure, malgré le sérieux de certaines mauvaises actions. Pas parfait mais très agréable.
October 14, 2007
i own it but i haven't seen it yet