—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

In the Land of Women Reviews

Rachel F

May 6, 2007
I really liked this movie. Adam Brody did a good job playing the leading man and Kristin Stewart is amazing.
Conner R

September 1, 2010
Sort've light, sort've intelligent, sort've good. It mainly rides on the performances of Adam Brody, Kristen Stewart and Meg Ryan. The latter two definitely make this as good as it is, while Adam Brody basically just plays a variation of Seth Cohen from The O.C. So the mother/daughter storyline works extremely well, as does their shared time with Adam Brody. However, his time spent alone is utterly worthless and cheesy.
Daniel P

May 6, 2007
I caught about a half an hour of this on TV, and it certainly looked and sound like it was made for this medium. It may be good, but I'll probably never find out. [Real rating pending, I suppose.]
Coxxie M

June 5, 2009
i loved this. a couple years before Kristen Stewart was doomed to be known as "the twilight girl"
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

April 18, 2007
Well, I don't really get this movie very well actually... I know the story is simple, a young man try to refreshing his life after his painful break-up with his girlfriend who is an actress... Then, he found his interesting new life in his grandmother house, with all the women around him... The story wasn't good at all, it's simple but pretty confusing... I don't know what this movie really want... The performance from the cast was a decent performance... Adam Brody, Kirsten Stewart, even Meg Ryan didn't give their best shot... This one reminds me a little about Elizabethtown, but if I had to compare these two movies, it would be heaven and earth, because I love very much Elizabethtown...
Nicki M

November 9, 2007
I liked this one. It wasn't exactly what I expected, which was a chick flick type of movie, and I wasn't too sure I liked it until it was almost over, but it was worthwhile watching and well done. Adam Brody is okay in this one and for once I did find his acting quite believable and even good, although he looks a little too young for the part, which isn't exactly his fault. Meg Ryan really needs to lay off the plastic surgery - that was kind of distracting, but she did play an interesting part and did a good job with it as did Kristen Stewart as her daughter. It wasn't the most well put together film and although it was predictable in places, in other ways it wasn't. A good story about people in crisis putting their lives back together. Worth a look.
Alice S

September 13, 2008
Incredibly endearing, complicated, and unexpected. Adam Brody is just adorable and Kristen Stewart is HOT, even though she does too much of that Richard Gere blink-acting. Wonderful script, as I would expect from Lawrence Kasdan's son!
movieguru12
movieguru12

July 1, 2008
I absolutely loved this movie!!! It involved real life situations and that was one of the reasons to love it!!!
maxthesax
maxthesax

June 19, 2008
I found Meg Ryan to be wonderful in this film (her performance almost worth the price of admission by itself), and there are some nice comic moments from Olympia Dukakis, but, while there are some truths spoken here, much of it comes from an unbelievable source, so losses its potency.

Brody's charactor is totally out of whack, at 26 he's much too wise for his age; his pearls of wisdom running very contrary to the fish out of water persona he enacts through the first half of the film. The film wants him to seem bewildered and out of touch with his life, yet he then suddenly knows exactly how to handle the situation with both daughters, as well as giving Meg the friendship and "real life" that she so desperately needed at the time.

In the end, the film didn't fool me, or move me - was waaaay too contrived to be anything more than a diversion. Too bad, for Ryan's performance was a study in repression with the occasional eruption of life.
Red L

May 19, 2008
This movie revolves around Carter (Adam Brody). He has woman problems. First he breaks up with a hottie, then he goes to live with his dying grandmother, then he causes all three women/girls who live nearby to fall in love with him. Must be nice.
Jennifer X

December 19, 2007
Totally didn't guess that romance between Adam Brody (SO CUTE) and Meg Ryan. I think it tries to be cleverer than it is but all in all it's not a bad movie. And I'm glad to see Meg Ryan's duck lips have swelled down to people-size.
deano
deano

April 21, 2007
It's a good treat, so refreshing to watch real people in real solutions with real emotions on real journeys - journeys that doesn't necessarily result in warm and fuzzy kisses, life lessons or a make-out scene to the tune of Savage Garden. It's also wonderful to watch characters, rather than actors, and be so immersed in their lives. (Disappointed it has no English subtitles.)
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

November 27, 2007
This movie was really good! Meg Ryan as always portraying the classical movie actress with her laid back yet emotional taste she always brings to films. The plot goes like this: His world in complete disorder after his break-up with a famous actress, Carter, a young TV writer, goes to suburban Detroit to care for his sickly Grandmother and heal his broken heart. Along the way he forms a special bond with the family that lives across from his Grandma, and changes the live of each woman. In the course of this, as is required in every film and thus the world, he changes his own life as well.
Leigh R

May 9, 2007
Worth every second of time spent watching. The relationships are magical and beautiful.
Nani V

August 9, 2007
Interesting...
Fascade F

September 22, 2008
Pretty tear jerker/chic flick of a good movie to look at and reflect on in the reflections for the fragility of life. See this...it is that good of a drama.
Christopher H

March 29, 2010
Guess my expectations were too high. I was intrigued throughout, with the good cast and different type of storyline, but got lost somewhere through and didn't like the ending. Adam Brody and Kristen Stewart had amazing chemistry though. Loved that much.
Philip P

June 11, 2007
Very Nice. I expected this to be more edgy and Brody to be more of an extention of his character from The OC, but it wasnt as outgoing as I was hoping, and Brody was able to be more of a "grown-up" who was still dealing with the transition from young adult to actual adult-what does that mean? Im not sure but it seems the best way to logically explain Carters state in the world. I did like how at some points you werent sure where the story might go and how the film layered on the different conflicts with each character. An enjoyable film for a Sunday afternoon and dont trust the poster or what you might think this movie is about...allow it surprise you. Its nice.
Andrew F

April 19, 2007
A movie that screams "guilty pleasure," but is really enjoyable. When it becomes a "cancer movie," it kind of drags, but the end really elevated the film for me.