It's a good film. No more, no less.

It is a good film - like so many others. No more, no less.

Funny how many of you are busy writing comments that indicate that you understood it - and therefore is intelligent (why is it important what other people think). And what many find words many of you know ... :(
Flemming
11-11-2012 09:05 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Johnny Ross

Johnny Ross

One of my all-time favorites.

But I like some bad movies too, so whatever.

Oct 28 - 06:18 PM

Dom Cobb

Dom Cobb

No, it's a great film. But really, I've got the main character as my avatar, so one would expect me not to like it at all.

Sep 25 - 12:38 PM

Andy Bones

Alexander McJet

I'd say it's a bit more than a good film... that's just me.

Jul 18 - 07:28 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Flemming take your head out of your ass then maybe you'll be able to express yourself

Jun 19 - 03:52 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Honestly.................this was a piece of garbage but for those who like eye candy but no story, then this is for you

Jun 19 - 03:50 PM

Rodrigo Garcia

Rodrigo Garcia

It's not so complex is just an popcorn flick and its good

May 20 - 06:41 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

You lost me on the last part, Mr.Andersen.

May 11 - 05:06 PM

Thomas Carney

Thomas Carney

I think "Memento" is a much better film and proof Nolan can make a thought provoking film. Inception isn't one of those but it sure makes you think it is. And does that with some neat CGI. Decent film.

Apr 13 - 02:05 AM

Trinh Nguyen Hartney

Trinh Nguyen Hartney

I completely agree with you on this! Years later, I still think this is one of the most overrated movies of all time. All concept-based and not based on heart or depth of character development. I could care less about any of these characters. Loved Matrix, Dark City, and even Nolan's other work, Memento, which many would say is also complicated and based on a new concept (though I believe Memento is much more intriguing than Inception). This movie is too focused on explaining and showing the dream within dreams concept and the worlds within them, that the character and story development are sorely neglected. I do not care what happens to the characters; therefore, I find the movie pointless. Besides the concepts it offers, it does not touch the heart. The characters do not actualize, and even in stories where characters are stagnant or regress, at least I care what happens to them, but not in this film. Of course, there are people who love this film so much and cannot imagine why anyone would not love it who claim that people who don't like the movie are either too dumb to understand it and cannot follow the movie, the concepts in the movie, or the plot. These snobs and bullies think that they must call anyone else who do not like the movie not intelligent enough to follow it. It's fascinating how these people think that one simply cannot follow a movie when the concepts and what is happening are clearly and repeatedly explained throughout the entire film. The constant explaining of why this is happening and what is happening is actually part of the reason why I do not like this movie. I wanted to learn about why things are happening for myself. You'd actually have to be really dim or simply not paying attention not to understand what is happening in this movie as it explains itself throughout the whole process. In the other three movies I mentioned previously above, the viewer has to more or less discover for him or herself what is happening on their own, without the constant explaining of the concepts. I believe the concept and the visual effects, along with the explanations and narratives make it a lot easier for the masses to understand this movie. I found it distracting to be told what is happening constantly. The ending was one of the few moments that I enjoyed, which was clever with the top spinning with the sound fading in the background, leaving the viewer wondering whether they're still in Dom Cobb's dream or whether it's reality. Other than that, I found the film cold, with superficial characters that needed better character development. The film should have spent more time on sound storytelling (rather than rushing the film and spending a lot of time on concept explanation) that would have made the film compelling enough to hold my interest.

Jul 11 - 05:36 AM

Joel Goodson

Tom Ho

When you claim "The ending was one of the few moments that I enjoyed, which was clever with the top spinning with the sound fading in the background, leaving the viewer wondering whether they're still in Dom Cobb's dream or whether it's reality." , makes some of points that you made laughable. It's obvious that if you "understand" this movie, you would know that Cobb is in reality because if Cobb's father is there, it's real, because he's never in the dream, he's the guy that INVENTED the dream. You misinterpreted the ending. Nolan didn't want a huge debate about whether or not Cobb is dreaming, he wanted people to THINK. For me, the ending is emotional because it shows that Cobb is not looking at the top, he's looking at his kids. He's left it all behind. He doesn't care.

Jul 14 - 11:13 PM

Joel Goodson

Tom Ho

There are other emotional moments like the ending throughout the movie, but whatever, you're too stupid to understand them. I could tell that from your review. You should make sure you fully understand the film first before claiming "It's fascinating how these people think that one simply cannot follow a movie when the concepts and what is happening are clearly and repeatedly explained throughout the entire film."

Jul 14 - 11:18 PM

Steven S.

Steven Spielberg

too long didn't read

Oct 12 - 09:42 AM

Jacob Miller

Jacob Miller

I thought this movie was fantastic and deserves a far better score than 86%.

Apr 8 - 04:12 PM

Christopher Spencer

Christopher Spencer

thank you, I say 95%

May 10 - 08:44 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

how about 6%, Miller

Jun 19 - 03:52 PM

Dom Cobb

Dom Cobb

Die.

Sep 25 - 12:39 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

Its one of the best movies i have ever seen

Apr 7 - 06:22 AM

Christopher Spencer

Christopher Spencer

this

May 10 - 08:44 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

is a piece of shit

Jun 19 - 03:53 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Retarded fuckhole

Sep 14 - 11:19 AM

Gimhana Fernando

Gimhana Fernando

I feel that I have a solid understanding of the story and the concept,but yet I don't think the movie is exceptional.It's innovative yes, but the dialogue is only passable,and the acting in parts as well.For a movie ranked #12 on imdb , mightily overrated.

Mar 1 - 05:27 AM

Susana M.

S M

I didn't think it was overrated at all, but I guess at that point it comes down to opinion.

Apr 1 - 08:05 PM

Jared Waters

Jared Waters

I think it was overhyped. The plot and character development were weak. I liked the concept, but it's not nearly an ingenious as Memento or the Prestige were.

Jun 4 - 02:05 PM

Trinh Nguyen Hartney

Trinh Nguyen Hartney

I totally agree. The Prestige was an excellent, underrated movie (watched it over and over again, and each time, I learned something new about it; very profound moral implications.) Inception is vastly overrated for the reasons I mentioned above.

Jul 11 - 06:14 AM

Jason H.

Jason Huang

it's my favorite movie ever. :D i'm not kidding.

Nov 24 - 12:59 PM

Christopher Spencer

Christopher Spencer

this as well

May 10 - 08:46 AM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

It doesn't have to be a complicated movie. I just think that the end is meant to be open ended to have the audience talking. I think that the movie is set up very well to have that kind of ending

Nov 15 - 02:58 PM

Bertram Krogh

Bertram Krogh

In my opinion, the ending is pitch perfect for the film.

Nov 22 - 04:45 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

your "pitch' is off spanky

Jun 19 - 03:55 PM

Thomas O.

Thomas O'Driscoll

I do not claim to understand the film, and I also do not believe that anyone - other than Mr. Nolan himself - can. But I can claim to have my own reading of it, which is essentially what a review is. And I certainly do not think 'Inception' can be described as merely "good" but, like I said, that is just my reading.

Nov 12 - 10:44 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

If nobody can understand it, then it's crap and those who PRETEND to understand it...........they are simply "out there"

Jun 19 - 03:56 PM

Dom Cobb

Dom Cobb

You are a troll who should be slain.

Sep 25 - 12:39 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile