The Incredible Hulk Returns Reviews

Steve D June 27, 2011
A bit more campy but arguably more fun than the series. The addition of Thor is appreciated even if he is handled ridiculously. Hulk and Thor is a lot of fun!
Steve G ½ June 24, 2008
A late-80s treasure. This movie is freakin' UN-BE-LIEVABLE! A comic book tour-de-force! As great as the Hulk is, Thor just STEALS the show! Kinda reminds me of a young Triple H. Pretty much OWNS every scene. The two teaming up is like a childhood dream come true. Wonderful use of the Lonely Man theme.
muffin0681 muffin0681 ½ March 7, 2013
It's been two years since his last transformation, and Dr. David Banner (Bill Bixby) has developed a new Gamma Transponder that he hopes will cure him of his inner monster forever. But when a former colleague unearths the frozen tomb of an ancient Norse warrior king, the Mighty Thor (Eric Allan Kramer) is unleashed upon 20th Century society.

Can the Hulk (Lou Ferrigno) end the rampage of this mead-crazed barbarian, or will the two raging beasts become allies to save both the Transponder and the woman Banner loves?

also stars Jack Colvin, Steve Levitt, Tim Thomerson, Jay Baker, Tom Finnegan and John Gabriel.

directed by Nicholas Corea.
Wes S ½ March 3, 2013
Campy and fun. It's interesting to see Hulk and Thor team up in the 1980's. The plot is a thin and a little slow, but it's entertaining in a retro-way.
Raed A ½ December 9, 2012
?? ??? ???? ?????? ??? ???? ?? ??????? ??????
Chris D October 16, 2012
Old school series, was good...
Shane J September 23, 2012
A return of the tv series with this tv movie. all the main cast of the show return and are backed up by the introduction of thor and donald blake. im assuming this was supposed to launch another show in thor. Its a shame it never happened it could have been pretty fun,thor pretty cool in this. Bill bixby was great again as banner while ferrigno seemed so much bigger in this. the budget was clearly a bit bigger for this than any of the show. fun for what it was.
Hamee Hamee July 4, 2012
I am not going to subject myself to the "original" hulk.
Aaron H May 7, 2012
Not as entertaining as The Trial of the Incredible Hulk, this one features the Hulk facing off against Thor for the very first time in film history. Just as in the case of the Kingpin, the costume design is only about 35% accurate when compared to the original comics. However, Eric Allan Kramer's norse accent is overall pitch-perfect, as is the way he carries himself as the god of thunder. I have to admit: This one isn't as enjoyable as ''The Trial of the Incredible Hulk", but even that one is a pretty average interpretation of the Marvel comics.
Brad G April 22, 2012
Don't know how, but I somehow missed this one when it originally aired on tv. It's been a few years since his on the road Fugitive epic, Bill Bixy's Banner has finally settled upon a cure to his Hulking Out. Unfortunately, Tim Thomerson (Jack Deth!) and Charles Napier (His Worst Nightmare is Rambo!) have planes of their own for his gamma transformer. And that's when Thor shows up. Wha? It's bonkers but Banner and Dr. Donald Blake team up with the God of Thunder to take down some California thugs. Silly. But fun. VF.
scott g
March 16, 2012
Banner now close to a answer while working at a lab working on a project gets mixed up with corrupt business men but also the mighty thor coming into the mix, its all fun and thor which looked like a oportunity for a series, is a enjoyable watch plus its two marvel heroes working together, and with the Avengers coming in may, its good to see two of those charactors fight it out in the 80s, its a tv movie so you get what you get but fun all the same.
Rich H May 8, 2011
If I could give this -5 stars I would.
studmuffin0681 studmuffin0681 June 10, 2009
David Banner's continuing search for a cure is interrupted by Donald Blake who summons the allmighty Thor. Meanwhile the Joshua Lambert Instute which David Banner works for is in jeopardy whn it becomes the target of a crime organisation.

stars Bill Bixby, Lou Ferrigno, Jack Colvin, Tim Thomerson, Jay Baker, Tom Finnegan, John Gabriel, Steve Levitt and Eric Allan Kramer.

directed by Nicholas Corea and Bill Bixby.
AJ V
September 6, 2010
This movie is cheesy and bad, but I liked the show and I like making fun of this movie, so I like it too. Overall, it's just okay.
MÍlany V November 22, 2010
for gudness sake.. does it still exist?
themasterpiece69 themasterpiece69 September 28, 2010
This movie is okay.The fight scenes are decent.
Corey n
January 23, 2009
This is a made for television movie that continues the story of Banner and his search for a cure of the Hulk. This time he ends up meeting another character in the Marvel universe. Thor enters Banner's and Hulk's world. You can tell this was a made for television film in the 80's. The budget was not all there for great F/X or stunts. Thor was kind of funny in this. He kept calling Hulk a troll and say things like "Who darest knockest on my door with such insolence!". The story is okay. I liked it when I was a kid. I still watch it since I am a Hulk and Thor fan. Bill Bixby is still great in the role as Banner and Lou Ferrigno still looks the same from the 70's when he played the Hulk. A must see for Marvel fans or those who enjoyed the old television series.
The80sExpert The80sExpert March 14, 2010
I loved the show, so I had to see the movie, but enough explanations. This is a badly made movie, it's silly, got bad special effects (worse than the show), and it adds Thor for some crazy reason. Still, I kinda liked it. It was funny because it was bad, and overall, it was fun to watch. Although it is quite unbelievable that David could go almost 2 years without becoming the Hulk!
16g 16g February 21, 2010
i saw it with some friends, i didnt like it much at all.
Jason J December 20, 2009
Part of a trilogy of movies that came out in the late 80's and this is the first. Sees the Mighty Thor teaming up with The Hulk. Could have been better.