Early & Enthusiastic Reaction to Pixar's "Ratatouille"

Apparently an AICN reader called The Chemist got to see Pixar's "Ratatouille" about eight months early -- and he loved it. Better than "The Incredibles" is what the guy's raving. Yeah, right.

From AICN: "The plot seems simple, but like any Brad Bird flick, it has a ton of heart and humor. Much of the action scenes were storyboards and gray-scale, but still promised to be dazzling when complete. The humor moments were hilarious and had the audience rolling. The voice acting was fantastic, with no recognizable A-list Hollywood stars to distract you from the characters, no singing in the edit that we saw either. The music was completely forgettable as it was just filler at this point I suspect. During the movie Lasseter would scribble down notes at various points.

...
Anyway, I cant wait to see the finished movie. Personally I liked it better than The Incredibles, the rough cut we saw tonight was right up there with Finding Nemo, my personal Pixar favorite.

Still in awe,

The Chemist"

Click here for the rest of the authentic and unquestionable enthusiasm.

Comments

privatepilesleftnipple

bobo boboki

I read this article, now im on the verge of tears.

Nov 22 - 04:06 AM

lonechicken

Han Nguyen

Brad Bird = Genius, in a time when the word gets thrown about way too haphazardly.

Nov 22 - 05:43 AM

a limited run film

Stephen Hoang

i agree. "the iron giant" was an overlooked masterpiece.

Nov 22 - 10:57 PM

agentjames007

joe fisher

Well it is pixar were talking about here, so no big surprise.

Nov 22 - 10:54 AM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

When I first heard about Flushed Away I thought, "hm, rats, well I guess that makes sense in the 'what animals haven't we animated yet' list". Then I saw this and thought, "2 cgi movies about rats? Hmm, that's weird."

Guess we'll just have to wait and see how this one turns out, here's to hopin' it's another Pixar masterpiece.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Pixar's movies are like the old Disney movies for this generation? I do.

Nov 22 - 11:38 AM

~*Admiral Snowstorm*~

Dominique Amsterdam

I agree with the last bit. Disney has lost itself, advertising to preteens who have no taste for good movies or TV shows. Pixar has taken over, giving us quality humor, acting, and storylines where they're so sorely needed.

And yes, I heard Ratatouille was going to be great. This just confirms that a bit more.

Nov 22 - 01:24 PM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

I hope it is really good, I wasn't that impressed with the trailer. But both of Brad Birds other films are really good, The Iron Giant was a great.

Nov 22 - 11:39 AM

dagreenman18

Brian Lorenzo

Ratatoullie wil be a hell of alot better than Flushed Away, thats for sure. But better than The Incredibles? that remains to be seen.

Nov 22 - 12:50 PM

~*Admiral Snowstorm*~

Dominique Amsterdam

Nov 22 - 01:24 PM

-Kang-

Keane Gallett

Looking forward to it. The Incredibles is my favorite Pixar movie.

Nov 22 - 02:03 PM

cgcbooks

Robert Kimberlin

How do you pronounce this title?

Nov 22 - 05:09 PM

South_park300

First Last

@ cgcbooks: Rat-tat-tooey

Nov 22 - 07:48 PM

a limited run film

Stephen Hoang

i agree. "the iron giant" was an overlooked masterpiece.

Nov 22 - 10:57 PM

fizzypulp

Katie Teasdale

i love pixar movies but thought The Incredibles was the worst. Toy Story si the best.
This hasnt grabbed my interest too mcuh but i will watch none the less and judge then

Nov 23 - 01:04 AM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast