"Indy 4" Casts Winstone as New Sidekick

Summary

Increasingly busy character actor Ray Winstone has joined the cast of the fourth "Indiana Jones" installment, due in theaters May 2008. Back to Article

Comments

Cicatriz

Kyle Pettingill

Indiana Jones 4 will suck no matter who they cast.

Mar 28 - 04:18 PM

TheAnswerMVP2001

Snipes .

Suck or no suck it will probably be the highest grossing film of 2008 and more than likely set a lot of records. And as long as Lucas isn't in control of everything and ruins it like he did the Star Wars prequels I highly doubt it will suck at all... ye of little faith.

Mar 28 - 06:53 PM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

Yep, pretty much.

Mar 28 - 08:35 PM

Thundaar

Paul Fairbrother

I am sure some are rooting for it to be bad - for whatever reason. I am optimistic about this project. Speilberg and Ford have, for the most part, pretty good track records. I hoping it will be good.

Mar 28 - 04:58 PM

TomasSPAGHetti

Ben Tomassetti

No matter what happens, no one can bring Harrison Ford down. Man's man.

Mar 28 - 05:40 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

More fantastic casting news! I'm starting to think this could be good.

Mar 28 - 06:11 PM

TheAnswerMVP2001

Snipes .

Mar 28 - 06:53 PM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

Yep, pretty much.

Mar 28 - 08:35 PM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

Hopefully this won't suck as thoroughly as the last two.

Mar 28 - 08:06 PM

w@velength

In Your Dreams

[b]wrong[/b]
actually, all of them are great, and the 3rd is the best... and you are an idiot.

Mar 29 - 02:08 AM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

That's funny, because you are clearly the idiot. Your laughable statement is proof enough. Please see more movies before pretending to know what you are talking about.

Mar 30 - 03:28 PM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

Yep, pretty much.

Mar 28 - 08:35 PM

okito

okito m

I have a feeling this movie would be great, for a lot of reason. well it took quite sometimes to get a green light, and it looks like they took al ot of time, u know being careful, making sure the like the script and all.

plus it's Indiana jones guys, cut these guys some slack, I know when it comes out you will all want to check it out. It's just like transformer, on It's early stages i kinda got a negative vibe from a lot of guys thinkin it was goin to suck and shit , but look now everyone is lookin forward to it I know I am.

get In line

Mar 28 - 09:33 PM

okito

okito m

get In line

Mar 28 - 09:34 PM

rgallitan

robin thompson

You know what else took a long time to get a green light? Ghostbusters 2. Men in Black 2. Catwoman. Personally, the longer a film spends in development hell, the more I worry about the result.

And while a great cast is usually a positive sign, keep in mind that legends like Lucas and Spielberg have no trouble attracting major stars. The Star Wars prequels had a great cast too, and what did that prove? I mean, seriously, how do you put Terrance Stamp in a movie and make him boring?

Besides, regardless of whether it's any good, my gripe is that I hate to see said legends grasping at the straws of their past like this. Spielberg has done some of his best work in the last 5 years. He's wasting his time on this. It's like Kevin Smith - so, yeah, Clerks 2 was actually pretty neat, but that doesn't excuse him for chickening out of more ambitious projects.

Mar 29 - 12:00 PM

Ciaranmv

Ciaran Vejby

That's true, but LOTR took almost 10 years to get into production (not to mention many false starts). I know LOTR is a whole different beast than Indiana Jones, but Harrison Ford IS Indy. There's no denying that! Personally I think they should get Daniel Craig as a villain. That would rock!

Mar 29 - 03:58 PM

ksduded

Khurram Suhrwardy

[b]Its Indy[/b]
Come on guys its Indy... the original Action/Adventure hero... move over Captain Jack Sparrow, our original Action/Adventure hero has returned......

Mar 28 - 10:49 PM

w@velength

In Your Dreams

[b]wrong[/b]

Mar 29 - 02:08 AM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

Mar 30 - 03:28 PM

frogleg

Josh Quarles

I like all the Indy movies so far, and I like most of the casting news I've heard. I'm optimistic.

Mar 29 - 05:51 AM

pota1967

David Jones

I never heard of Ray Winstone

Mar 29 - 06:48 AM

Zen Bullet

J D

"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" was the best of the series, not least because it provided Indy(and his dad) with good character arcs. Beyond that, it was well-paced with notable set pieces(just like its two predecessors)

The second film is the only one I consider to be notably flawed . . . and mainly because of the ill-conceived slapstick/comedy approach that certainly didn't mesh with the more foreboding sequences. In fact, it was a bit of a precurser for the awfulness that would erupt with "The Phantom Menace".

I just hope that with Spielberg involved, he'll avoid many of Lucas' poor tendencies. An older Indiana Jones can certainly work . . . but so too can it be handled like a bad joke, and my hopes shrivel when I imagine Lucas' little chuckle while he fantasizes so many geriatric exploits for our adventurer.

On the other hand, the casting news thus far has been inspiring. I'm going to remain optimistic.

Mar 29 - 06:54 AM

JackHorner1979

tom brownbridge

[b]Dr. Jones... no more parachutes![/b]
Ain't that the truth.

Mar 29 - 07:40 AM

Byron

Dave grwe

He hasn't signed on yet. He's in negotiations and so is Blanchett.

Anyway, I like Winstone as an actor, so I'm still happy with the (rumoured) cast.

Mar 29 - 07:49 AM

lrm8

john smith

i was skeptical, but like everyone they are winning me over with their casting decisions. winstone is awesome

Mar 29 - 08:46 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

The first three were great and I'm really looking foreward to this one. Winstone is a nice addition.

Mar 29 - 10:07 AM

FireflyFan4evr

Steven Johnson

He was amazing as the emotionally complex sheriff in "The Proposition", and truly did deserve more attention for that role. I'm glad he's finally being recognized more.

Mar 29 - 10:32 AM

rgallitan

robin thompson

Mar 29 - 12:00 PM

Ciaranmv

Ciaran Vejby

Mar 29 - 03:58 PM

Ethan Hawke's 10 Best Movies

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Pictures of great movie apes

Gone Girl Trailer