44% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Indie Game: The Movie Reviews

February 5, 2014
Um filme independente, sobre games independentes. Uma atividade gera pessoas solitárias e um tanto neuróticas, que se expressam pelos jogos que criam.
January 26, 2014
Still trying to understand all that guys deeper... still absorbing all that information... and I definitely like the movie!
January 26, 2014
I don't know much about the history of this film beyond it coming up through Kickstarter, but there might have been some luck involved here in that they covered Super Meat Boy and Fez, two of the most loved and widely covered indie games to be released the last few years. Braid gets covered as well as an example of a huge success that had already been released. Though the film is more about the creators than the games themselves, I'd recommend it for any fans of those 3 games. Really well made.
January 20, 2014
This was a good Doc. Pixel art, fun games. Cool stories
Jwv
July 1, 2012
Great documentary, beautiful camera work and poignant portrayal of the developers. You can't keep from sympathizing with these hard-working idealists after having watched this.
December 27, 2013
It doesn't matter if you play videogames or not, this movie is about real life people trying to do what they like beyond all personal problems. Touching movie with a amazing art direction.
Jordan S.
December 17, 2013
'Indie Game: The Movie' beautifully captures a few underdogs in the large realm of the gaming industry. With such a great range of emotional subjects, this film will make you run to the store and buy their carefully crafted games.
Anthony L

December 6, 2013
The first job I had out of Uni was working for Sega. They were real a-holes so it is nice to see nice people going it alone and succeeding for a change. However, unless you're into gaming and programming this film will have limited appeal. Yes, it is nice to see people rewarded for hard work but I'm really not sure I care. The games did look fun, working for Sega pretty much killed my enjoyment of video games and I've hardly touched a control pad since (and that was 13 years ago) but I can't help but think playing a game for a couple of hours may have been a little more interesting. It was nice to see the creative process though and was helpful to a degree with my own creative ventures. Needless to say, this is compulsory viewing for all budding programmers and game nuts.
NeuroMan42
December 4, 2013
An amazing film covering the struggles and joys, of some of the best Indie games around.
December 1, 2013
As a boy who wants to get into game development, I'd naturally find this movie to be very interesting, and I was right. By taking me through the perspective of indie game developers, and the storied history of the development of such indie titles as Super Meat Boy, Fez, and Braid, I think this film has convinced me that the indie developer path is not only completely valid, but it's also the right path. I'm also very convinced by the personalities, especially the story of Edmund McMillan, who I find to be oddly relatable. The atmosphere of the film sets up the mood very well, and it really engages you with what's unfolding in the movie, and the mood is especially intensified when the film tells of Phil Fish's frustration when working on Fez. Overall, it's one of the great documentaries of our time, and I feel it's a great contribution to my own perspective on game development.
November 21, 2013
If you're a gamer, this is a must-see. If you aren't, this is still a great story of achievement, and an interesting look behind the scenes - not just at the software, but the developers behind the software.
November 12, 2013
Really interesting video game documentary. It covers all the bases when looking at indie gaming industry and you really feel for the game creators, especially the two guys who made Meat Boy.
November 7, 2013
Real, gritty, highly emotional, passionate and nerve racking.... I LOVED IT.
November 4, 2013
Documenting the creation of independently produced games (Super Meat Boy, Fez and Braid in particular); it doesn't cover much of the actual development process but really shows the level of commitment, sacrifice, stress and anxiety the developers go to in order to make and promote their game.
September 17, 2012
I would have preferred a documentary about indie gaming in general, rather than following three of the biggest games in the community. Really, this will end up going down as a historical snapshot of a tiny slice of the gaming community. Mildly interesting at best.
October 21, 2013
A fantastic watch for any artist.
October 20, 2013
Surprisingly entertaining, but a bit on the artsy-for-its-own-good side of things.
October 17, 2013
A thoughtful and precise documentary that examines the process of indie game development on a universally relatable level.
October 16, 2013
How can you not feel happy for Team Meat?
September 30, 2013
Más allá de si el documento es bueno o malo, ayuda muchísimo a explicar en que consiste el fenómeno del juego indie y porqué se generó. Primero agradecer a Valve y su servicio steam que arrastró a todas las compañías hacia la experimentación y el apoyo a los programadores pequeños. En términos concretos, puede que el documental agrande demasiado a un par de creadores pero finalmente logra definir el valor de esta nueva veta artística del videojuego.... Indie no es ni de lejos sinónimo de perfecto, y en eso radica justamente su plus.... como muy bien resume el creador de Braid: "what big companies do is create highly polished things that serve as large of an audience as possible. The way that you do that is by filing off all the bumps on something. If there's a sharp corner, you make sure it's not going to hurt anybody. If they bump into it or whatever. That creation of this highly glossy, commercial product is the opposite of making something personal".