Nicholas Winding Refn

I am not a huge fan of the stories in Refn's films, but I do LOVE the visuals in them though. Who agrees that Inherent Vice should have a PTA script, direction, but Refn style visuals? I'd be all for that.
Ocram Immorto
07-28-2013 11:09 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

This looks like an incredibly uninteresting movie. PTA and Phoenix together again? Great! Time for some more pretentious directing and horrible acting.

Aug 12 - 02:20 AM

Marc Cerone

Marc "Cerone" Chaudry

What do ya know, Diego made it. You lost me at the horrible acting part though, sorry.

Aug 17 - 02:34 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

Well, the premise is certainly more, I suppose "High-Octane" than The Master, what with it's return to more Boogie Nights-esque tone.

Aug 29 - 12:27 PM

Marc Cerone

Marc "Cerone" Chaudry

And could end up having a long complex story, yet fairly simple and logical conclusion. Boogie Nights was just all about saying family matters more in the end. After reading Inherent Vice, it was being poetic a about how lost and alone Phoenix's character Doc Sportello will be in the end, regarding how much he stands strong and does the riht thing to help people as a Private Investigator. Coming from the book, it tries to deal with the shallow darkness that comes of people after the sixties, rising out of the hippy era, and being a hippy with a moral spirit, Doc feels left behind in a politically and immorally unstable country. Very simple, although with PTA at the helm, it could be so much more now.

Oct 6 - 07:50 AM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

That brand of simplicity is the key to shows like Braking Bad, too.

Oct 6 - 12:31 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

That's an incredibly great idea for a film, but I think that Anderson is too connected to his own material to have someone else direct it. That is probably for the better, as Refn could potentially take it in a bad direction.

Aug 10 - 06:31 PM

Marc Cerone

Marc "Cerone" Chaudry

Aye, the only Refn film I think I will love is Bronson.

Aug 17 - 02:59 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile