93% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Insanitarium Reviews

December 16, 2013
Probably the best film set in an asylum I've seen!
June 9, 2013
The plot of "Insanitarium" is routine and silly with tons of corny one-liners, but this has to be one of the goriest horror films....this movie has enough goods to recommend it for fans of blood-drenched horror...
Hamee
September 2, 2008
This was a sick and twisted movie. I loved that the experimental drug being forced on these patients turned them into cannibalistic monsters. The ending was a very nice touch.
August 13, 2012
One of the Best horror movies I've watched in awhile, I highly recommend it.
July 15, 2012
So awful. Sooo so awful. Borrowed this movie from a friend and now I have to question his taste in movies.
July 14, 2012
Jesse Metcalf (playing Jack) gets himself Institutionalized purposely to rescue his sister, Lily (played by Kiele Sanchez who played the HATED Nikki on Lost) While Peter Stormare (Abruzie of Prison Break fame) plays (crazy) Dr. Gianetti who is conducting experiments on his patients that turns them into flesh eaters. Basically think 28 days later (probably made for Sci-Fi network. It's not bad like most of them this is actually decent C
June 21, 2012
I actually found this movie to be very under-rated. If you consider that it was a cheap movie, it's quite good. Worth a watch.
April 26, 2012
Insanitarium features considerably more acting talent that your average straight-to-video horror schlock. Does contain some boobs and gratuitious amount of gore, though---the hallmarks of horror B-movies. It's above average for it's genre, but don't expect to be scared or find any deep plot elements.
September 27, 2009
Very awesome zombie film. Zombie fans get on this.
John W.
April 5, 2012
Great horror flick! This is what suspension of disbelief is for! A rocking, gory, loud, sexy, terrifying ride! A well acted horror-thriller and ultimately that's what makes the movie. Formulaic characters (mad scientist, hot assistant, hotter crazy chick, sociopathic bad guy, brilliant inmate who can't cope in society, etc), a well worn setting (the inmates are the sane ones! science has run amuck! No one notices!) and some pretty tough to swallow plot devices/coincidences (I'll just 'pretend' to be crazy and get admitted to the crazy house where I'll have free rein and no one will notice I'm really lucid if I keep folding my arms and ducking my head) - but the whole is better than the sum of the parts and somehow this one works well, really well. I enjoyed every minute the insanity at the insanitarium!
February 23, 2012
The plot have been done before trapped in a sanitarium and the doctor is crazy and use the patients as experiment! Lots of unanswered holes and really stupid. Acting was poor. Just don't bother with this movie.
January 27, 2012
Meh. Mildly entertaining. Mildly scary. For me however it seemed to be mostly about trying to get in tacky visuals to keep the viewers there - more boobs and blood than strictly necessary. Perosnally, I think the best performances came from Carla Gallo and Armin Shimmeran.
Nick G

July 29, 2011
This movie was campy, hokey and completely unbelievable at times. I'm guessing though, that it was supposed to be like that in parts, and am not penalizing it too much for that. I'm mainly rating it so low because it's unoriginal, uninspired and rips off other movies.

I'm not a big fan of Jesse Metcalfe and think his main role could have been carried better by someone else.. but the quirky main supporting cast is probably the best part of the movie.. Peter Stormare proves again he has got the skeezy 'misunderstood' evil character on lockdown.. no matter how often he's a horrible human being in movies, there is always a part you want to side with and root for.. other pluses are Kevin Sussman, Olivia Munn, Carla Gallo (Bones) and Armin Shimerman (Buffy the Vampire Slayer).
July 26, 2011
Insanitarium is a different kind of 'zombie' movie with a good cast and an interesting plot. At times the effects and gore are a little average but it is worth a watch, especially with the likes of Peter Stormare playing the mastermind of the experiments. The ending is a tad letdown however.
mohammedhesham
July 17, 2011
it is crazy and interesting movie
i like it
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

April 22, 2009
this should be a movie that i enjoy because i love zombie movies but this is truly a terrible movie.
Probably one of the worst zombie movies ive ever watched.
The whole story fails to impress is just not worth the watch.
March 29, 2011
You'll have a bloody good time with this unique twist on the flesh-eating zombie movie!
Hollyfisher1992
March 19, 2011
Not a bad "Old school" horror if you like recycled scripts and over used gore props etc. Peter Stormare rocked as the lunitic doctor! February 26, 2011
February 14, 2011
scott g

December 23, 2010
a brother fakes his mental state to be inside where his suicidal sister is also staying, once there he sees its not just her he has to worry about, and with a unauthordox doctor doing experiments he needs to save the day, it turns into something else for the last 3rd and to a degree it works, some rampage and action to plice it up a bit, with some decent gore thrown in